As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fighting Games Part 423: Now is the winter of our discount Xrd

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Would anybody like to come free me up in KoF?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    I would! Whats your psn?

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Dudebusters

• Options
    Cool, just got your psn friend thingy. Sent an invite your way. Any chance you can chat on steam while we play?

Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as. Special shout out to K' for stealing my hopes and dreams in that one match I thought I might actually win, and Robert for looking like a sleazy bartender.

Seriously though that was a lot of fun until about game 9 when I just became a mountain of salt big enough to use as a ski slope.
    Was the connection good on your end? It was absolutely great on my side.

I definitely need a stick, or at least a new pad since this one I've got has seen better days. Sometimes I would just walk forward when I was trying to hop, and there was one hilarious moment where I got DP with Iori instead of rekka. Like neither would've have resulted in anything but me getting rinsed, it was just categorically not the input I wanted.
    Also it might help if I learned a character other than King. Like I swear to you I've played King/Vice/Mature in pretty much every KoF game where that has been possible, it's just obviously been way too long since I played KoF and I have no fucking clue how to use the other two.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    Yeah they changed vice and mature a little too much for my liking, but then again all I know is kof13 so who knows.

Aren't you living in not-USA? I was super pleased with our connection!

Characters I hate:

• Options
    Yeah I'm in the UK and on top of that I didn't bother to wire up my PS4 because I'm lazy, as such I was genuinely shocked by the connection quality.

• Options
    Haha holy shit.

To think I have great connections with both you and Wimble in the EU.... in KOF no less!

Level up your internets @Knob

Characters I hate:

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Oh man Dyvim we should definitely play. I'm a big hella scrub in KoF so it might work out great!

I didn't know you were in the UK! We should've been playing everything all the time constantly

Whereabouts in the UK are you, by the way? I'm planning on trying to find a sound production related job in London at the start of next year

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    I'd definitely be down to play scrub tier KoF with you, hit me up on PSN whenever since I'll always be down for fights as a break in my Destiny addiction.

I'm based just outside Manchester.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Haha holy shit.

To think I have great connections with both you and Wimble in the EU.... in KOF no less!

Level up your internets @Knob

I did, ask frwrwarwrrwrwrst

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    yeah knobs and I generally have a pretty decent connection

we should play more kof

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    infiltration is playing vega and it looks really good

*edit* and then he turned on his REAL rashid in grand finals and bodied Bonchan free

its over. dont even bother holding capcom cup.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    infiltration is playing vega and it looks really good

*edit* and then he turned on his REAL rashid in grand finals and bodied Bonchan free

its over. dont even bother holding capcom cup.

Even in his top 16 set with Chris Wong, he's just messin' around for two matches. When he finally gets to 0-2, he just flips a damn switch.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I didn't get to see the grand finals match, I had to head to work...but I did watch the Chris Wong match. You could actually see him flip the switch, even Zhi and Xian commented on it. When he decided it was time to win, it was basically over.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I didn't get to see the grand finals match, I had to head to work...but I did watch the Chris Wong match. You could actually see him flip the switch, even Zhi and Xian commented on it. When he decided it was time to win, it was basically over.

I thought it was weird the way he completely dominated high level competition at first, then got his spot and basically dropped out of top 8s entirely. I attributed it to good players putting in the research and evolving. This makes it look like he was just sandbagging so that other people could win majors too.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't think he's sandbagging as much as just trying to get all his characters in order for Capcom Cup.

• Options
    Would anybody like to KoF?

• Options
    FUCK YES ITAZAN

man there have been some SATISFYING matches today

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Wimble wrote: »
    FUCK YES ITAZAN

man there have been some SATISFYING matches today

Except for that last Itazan match. That just felt like an uphill battle at the best of times. Zangief really needs some reason for people not to be in his face all the time.

• Options
    dont know what itazan was doing respecting kazunoko so much

i know that anti-airing cammy is hard, but Zangief's anti-airs DO work against her and he really didn't seem to be trying

i mean, who am I to say... but i always felt the reason people say that Gief beats her is simply because her divekick isnt that good versus him

• Options
    Yeah, it's rough. I think it would go a long way if they could just make his forward dash less ass

I hope for bigger changes than that in s2 though, for sure. Big sweeping wild changes across the board, please! Season 2, not season 1.1!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    i have this dark feeling that they arent going to change that much

"we've added a frame of recovery to one of chun-li's moves, see you next year! by the way there are 7 new stages available for 10 dollars each"

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Mago-San

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Most amazing thing about this tourney.

Zhi actually made me laugh for once. Though it was short-lived.
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i have this dark feeling that they arent going to change that much

"we've added a frame of recovery to one of chun-li's moves, see you next year! by the way there are 7 new stages available for 10 dollars each"

Capcom has always been pretty good on making big changes and adding new systems with their updates. And I'm sure they've been watching and collecting data.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Yeah, I have to imagine that after all the flak Capcom has gotten since release that they will have more of a Super Street Fighter V mindset with this instead of just a balance patch

especially considering their mentions of regretting releasing the game early and how they will learn from this and yadda yadda

But hey I also would've never expected them to be so unserious about a proper numbered Street Fighter that they let one lone guy develop all of CFN until release, so what do I know!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Wimble wrote: »
    Yeah, it's rough. I think it would go a long way if they could just make his forward dash less ass

I hope for bigger changes than that in s2 though, for sure. Big sweeping wild changes across the board, please! Season 2, not season 1.1!

The tiers aren't that far apart, so maybe small changes would be okay for balance, but I want something more fun and aspirational.

They balanced out a lot of cool stuff in beta too; there was so much frame advantage going around, you could freestyle your links to do whatever.

And remember Chun-Li’s Marvel-esque combos in the first trailer?
    https://youtu.be/KIOMBc6E_MQ

• Options
    Yeah, watching them remove fun options and tools each beta was real disheartening. Ryu constantly getting shit removed was a running joke for a while, even.

I assume the reason behind it was that they didn't have much time left before the forced early release so it was the easiest way to balance. Thinking about that actually gives me even more hope about season 2 because they already had more cool stuff in the game!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Maybe later tonight?

Characters I hate:

• Options
    I'm down to play right now!

I can't even remember what some of my characters special moves and supers are

sometimes I think playing more than once every five hundred years is a good way to improve in a video game

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    @fRAWRst

I'm down for some KoF.

• Options
    ok im down if you guys are still playing.

Characters I hate:

• Options
    @fRAWRst

I'm down for some KoF.

add me on psn!

fRAWRst

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Weekly challenge for sfv is do a bunch of battle lounges.

I did not realize how bad the battle lounge system was.

• Options
    its bad? i thought that was like the least broken part of the game

• Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Can't tell what connection 90℅ of players have, or even region. Half of them don't connect.

It's fine for playing with y'all and people I know, but finding a random with even a playable connection has been a challenge.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Zellpher wrote: »
    Can't tell what connection 90℅ of players have, or even region. Half of them don't connect.

It's fine for playing with y'all and people I know, but finding a random with even a playable connection has been a challenge.

SFV Matchmaking is special

This discussion has been closed.