As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Double Secret Boxes Revealed

agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited November 2016 in Pinny Arcade

To go on sale at the "traditional" time apparently. So next Thursday or Friday? 24-25th November?

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
"Damn fine pins!"
agentcooper on

• thejessebthejesseb Registered User regular
    I really hope it goes up thanksgiving day like last year. I'll be busy at work all day friday.

T4SU97M.png
  • InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Begin the traditional trying to figure out what ungodly time that is going to be here in AUS

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    How much were they each? My memory has failed me

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Last year they were $13.99 each.

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If you are getting some - save some for a community pinny panel. Opening them there is so much fun :)

edited November 2016
    Good idea Senno. Hopefully 2017 is the year I actually get to go to one. Non PAX commitments have stopped me from attending twice now. Leaving one unopened that long is going to be tough though

InterestingMix on
    m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    /sets alarm for silly o'clock Melbourne time

steam_sig.png
    Doesn't necessarily have to be at the panel. At the trade table the staff are interested to see what you get as well - and of course, you're set for a trade if you don't like what you get.

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I hope they do another one next year around June (July 4 maybe?), my wallet hasnt recovered from Pax Aus and Christmas is fast approaching.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Senno wrote: »
    Doesn't necessarily have to be at the panel. At the trade table the staff are interested to see what you get as well - and of course, you're set for a trade if you don't like what you get.
    You might like this unboxing from the merch line at Prime 2015:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/33302350/#Comment_33302350

Opening DSBs at PAX is awesome.

Lazorz on
  • nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Based on previous DSB drops, any idea what time of day these might go live? Additionally, do they sell out quick or can one be late to the party and still have a shot to purchase?

nohomeJerome on
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Based on previous DSB drops, any idea what time of day these might go live? Additionally, do they sell out quick or can one be late to the party and still have a shot to purchase?

Last time they sold out in < 20 minutes. Noon PST on Thanksgiving was the previous on sale time, hopefully it will be tomorrow though based on the AI sales date.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • DashboardBroDashboardBro Registered User regular
    I got 10. They sold out in 5 minutes. Wow.

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Dammit! I was sitting by my computer, I got the tweet alert, I put them in my basket and then they were all sold out D:

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Yep, missed out as well. It let me put them in the cart and then said they were sold out. What a tease. Just gotta try my luck next time.

IhtGIyi.png
  • madorukmadoruk WA, USARegistered User regular
    Missed it, but the image from Tycho's post shows there will be more on 12/8 @2pm and 12/22 @2pm... so there is hope!

i-SGdFkkz-X2.jpg

• LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    I hope to catch one of the other days they go on sale. I completely miss them this time

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    I picked up 10. Both my local friends missed out so I will split with them and try again next month.

• LejicLejic Registered User regular
    I got 12, I have no idea how. I was a few minutes late (got distracted while waiting) and my payment method failed THREE TIMES. My guess is that once I get to check-out it wouldn't let my cart items "disappear" from beneath my fingers like some sites do.

I won't get them until New Years (sent it to my SO's) but...so excited already!!

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    I had a DSB case in my cart along with a case of the acquisitions, however, when I proceeded to complete my purchase it wouldn't let me complete the order because the DSB was sold out. I was pissed because I HAD it in my cart :x :x Guess I will have to wait until round 2. Did I tell you I was PISSED!! :x Got the acquisitions case though :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    Congrats to those who got them. Please post pictures or videos so I can put them on Facebook. :)

• agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Agreed @Senno !

Could everyone please post pictures/videos (or summaries) on here so we can see what everyone received :)

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

1x Splatter Tycho
    1x Arma Annarchy
    3x Arma FF
    1x Kemperoo
    1x Dropbear Gabe (not in picture)
    1x Prime 13 Logo
    2x Prime 15 Logo
    4x Merch 3.0
    1x Enfu Heart
    1x Feh head
    1x Gavin head
    1x Fleshreaper
    1x '80s Tycho
    2x '80s Gabe
    2x Bride of Annarchy
    1x Sexy Nurse Gabe

skeller on
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    No Blind Merch 2.0 have show up yet.

Looks like I dodged a bullet with this first DSB drop. :kappa:

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular

Looks like I dodged a bullet with this first DSB drop. :kappa:
    You wanna bet on that? :kappaross:

!RemindMe 24 hours

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Still waiting for mine to get to me

• nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Five boxes.
    sjsysa78c16a.jpg

1x Tyto
    1x Beemo
    1x Badge Tycho
    1x Robert Khoo (Series 2)
    1x Bride of Frankenstein Annarchy
    1x Project Spark
    1x Lookouts 03
    1x Riptor
    1x Gavin Greco
    1x 80s Tycho (Prime '14)

nohomeJerome on
    edited November 2016
    Nothing to good pulled from my 10 boxes but a bunch of staff heads and pieces of some pax cores.
    vl8hwwi6jy0u.jpg

DashboardBro on
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular

Found a regular one

*Note: not my twitter*

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    So ordered 10x boxes (no idea why I didn't just take the 12 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and offered to split them with some friends as they missed out on this round. We all met up for D&D last night and split the boxes 4-3-3. Results below, sorry about the shitty photos. Already posted on Slack last night.

Hydq8UP.jpg?1
    lqyJYao.jpg?1

Mine are the 8 on the blue bags. In the order I opened them top left to right. Blind Merch was the last pin opened.

I hope future rounds of blind boxes remove staff pins, or greatly reduce them. From a "value" perspective, this is the worst round of blind boxes ever. Obviously this depends on increasing our data collection to increase our confidence level, but it doesn't look good so far.

Pins for trade!
  • vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    As someone who started collecting in 2015, I'm happy to see series 1 staff pins instead of lookouts and armaddedon.

Yeah, I think that staff set will gain value in the community faster than a lot of the other pins.

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Got my boxes of awesome today!!

3yzl5cyzl3w9.jpg

elo on
    DSBs.jpg 369.8K
    0j92muX.png
  • Count3DCount3D Count Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    elo wrote: »

Just a heads up that this is the worlds largest jpeg and the max for a post is 500kb.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

I kinda feel like the DSBs are not for the people that have been amassing pin hoardes since day one. Having Series 1 staff pins is great for newer collectors & people building fodder while chasing Blind Merch.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I kinda feel like the DSBs are not for the people that have been amassing pin hoardes since day one. Having Series 1 staff pins is great for newer collectors & people building fodder while chasing Blind Merch.

I don't think DSBs are a good value proposition for people with lots of pins, but they are undeniably popular amongst them. It would be cool if there was a way to guarantee every new pin collector a chance to buy a set of DSBs. Since the new collectors are the ones least likely to know about and be ready for the tiny window in which you can buy them.

Staff pins are pins you should be trading for, though. There are billions (thousands) of them.

Pins for trade!