As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Possible to make Chrome act as a Chromecast receiver?

DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdooryou're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
I like to watch NBA basketball through the NBA's league pass.

The mobile Android app offers 720p/60fps.

On the desktop, the max quality stream, for reasons unknown to me, is 720p/30 fps.

I'd like to get 60 fps on the desktop. Is there a simple way to stream the Android app to my secondary monitor? IF not through Chromecast, then some other way?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I like to watch NBA basketball through the NBA's league pass.

The mobile Android app offers 720p/60fps.

On the desktop, the max quality stream, for reasons unknown to me, is 720p/30 fps.

I'd like to get 60 fps on the desktop. Is there a simple way to stream the Android app to my secondary monitor? IF not through Chromecast, then some other way?

Would an android emulator work? There's a few good ones out there, but I don't know the specifics.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Does your second monitor have an HDMI input? I don't see why hooking the Chromecast right to your monitor wouldn't work. You'd have to provide power via USB or a power outlet, but I would think you could just cast from your phone to the Chromecast like normal.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Does your second monitor have an HDMI input? I don't see why hooking the Chromecast right to your monitor wouldn't work. You'd have to provide power via USB or a power outlet, but I would think you could just cast from your phone to the Chromecast like normal.

Thats an option, but I'd prefer a software solution if there is one, moving the Chromecast around constantly and replugging cables all the time would be a pain.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Thats an option, but I'd prefer a software solution if there is one, moving the Chromecast around constantly and replugging cables all the time would be a pain.

Chromecasts are pretty cheap. :)

Other than that, maybe Bluestacks?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Chromecasts are pretty cheap. :)

Other than that, maybe Bluestacks?

Bluestacks might be what I'm looking for. Trying it now.

• Options
    Seemed like it would work, but the NBA app on Bluestacks keeps crashing. Any other recommendations for Android emulators? Not sure which of these are reputable.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    bluestacks is generally regarded as the best android emulator out there, but it is still an emulator.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar