As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Sacrificial

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Sacrificial

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    sennohkisennohki Hobart, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You know you have to take that seal and crush him!

• Options
    chris2315chris2315 Registered User new member
    There is only one possible solution: take that goddamn seal and use excessive grinding, EV training and superior understanding of movesets to crush his fire starter despite the type disadvantage.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    ... Or just don't use your starter when you battle. There's no rule that says you have to use your starter.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    ITT "Bone Zone" has a completely different meaning to me than Gabe.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

If this was written in the last few days Tycho probably still had Desert Bus on the brain.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I haven't gotten far enough to determine if magikarp is in Sun or Moon, but it did get a signature Z-move, so I'm guessing it's somewhere, and therefore, Gyarados is in there, too, and fire starters can go suck it.

Alternately, the demo gives you a free water starter from last gen, and Greninja isn't a pokemon you need to feel ashamed of using in public.

Hevach on
  • Options
    lawragatajarlawragatajar Registered User regular
    You get a pretty good variety of pokemon types early in the game, so it's not like you are stuck with your starter.

• Options
    PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular

i-6WrzpjW-2100x20000.jpg

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Where do I get one of those Water repellent hoodies? I need em stat.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    Where do I get one of those Water repellent hoodies? I need em stat.

They live in Seattle. Isn't it mandatory to coat all your belongings in Scotchgard?

• Options
    Locke6854Locke6854 Registered User regular
    Reading this comic as a 15 year veteran... thinking "I know you're my age... but I wanna say 'Damn Millenials'."

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    First, Popplio is adorable. Second, its fully-evolved form, Primarina, seems to be considered the strongest of the starters in terms of game mechanics (Rowlett's evo is the worst).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    First, Popplio is adorable. Second, its fully-evolved form, Primarina, seems to be considered the strongest of the starters in terms of game mechanics (Rowlett's evo is the worst).

Incineroar's got some moves, too. Throat Chop is one of my favorite new attacks.

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    I don't know if you can get there anymore, with how many iterations of pokemon there are, and all the changes they've made regarding elemental types, but this is when I'd crack out an old game, and see how far I could swap a squirtle...

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Vyolynce wrote: »

If this was written in the last few days Tycho probably still had Desert Bus on the brain.

As with everything, I blame Matt.

https://youtu.be/Dervi0EEV3w

Damnit, Wigggins.

(For those not in the know, the "Bone Zone" was the area with a overhead camera over a table used to show off prizes and other bits easier to the audience. Named thusly because there were a couple of skulls that have traditionally hung out there. It became a bit of a meme.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    @CHRIS2315 If he chooses the seal he will have the type advantage over the fire starter. Not disadvantage.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    @HEVACH Magikarp is on the second island. But you can only get it via fishing rod from finishing the water section there.

@ZOMAGIC You can possibly get squirtles and totodiles via the fractal scanning thing they have in. What turns up is completely random but both of those were in there when I scanned. From what I heard nearly all pokemon can be gotten this way including shiny ones.

@LAWRAGATAJAR Only water mons Early on are slowpoke and wingul though. Can't get other water types until the second island unless you get lucky with island scan. There are a bunch of rock and ground types though on the first island so at least that's an option.

shadowysea07 on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Given (in-comic) Gabe's fondness for fanciful things like unicorns, I would think a fairy-seal like Primarina would be right up his alley. If someone had shown me that thing with no other context and said it was from My Little Pony I wouldn't have doubted them for a second. I mean, no one likes Charmander, but it grows up into Charizard, who is clearly the coolest of the original three starters. And that's not even getting into Magikarp & Gyarados. Sometimes you just have to put up with dopey early forms for a while.
    chris2315 wrote: »
    There is only one possible solution: take that goddamn seal and use excessive grinding, EV training and superior understanding of movesets to crush his fire starter despite the type disadvantage.
    @CHRIS2315 If he chooses the seal he will have the type advantage over the fire starter. Not disadvantage.

I think Chris meant Gabe should take Rowlet despite it's type disadvantage.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png