As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twilight Struggle] It's morning in America

MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in Games and Technology
Twilight-Struggle-Free-Download-1.jpg

The digital version of BGG's #1 board game of all time has gone digital! Come join the global revolution!

Let's get some online games set up!

Online friend name list

MrBody - Groovechamp

MrBody on

• Options
    Anyone get this yet?

So I just realized that the person I'm in the middle of a game with is none other than Brian Reynolds, of Alpha Centauri fame!

Had a previous game with him. Lost by 20 points on turn 5, though a big chunk of that was getting the worst starting hand I've ever seen (scoring card, bunch of 1s and 2s). Current game is closer with him as the Soviets leading by 10 into turn 6.

Dude has a crazy amount of games played. Like 200. That's practically a game a day since it's come out. God knows how many board version games he's played.

I can start posting a round by round summary of our game.

• Options
    Also, the more I play this game, the more I'm wishing it included a Blood Bowl style reroll system. Some rolls are so important (first coup of the game, wars, Quagmire/Bear trap) that it's a little much to leave it up to the swinginess of a single die roll. Something like each player gets 2 rerolls for the whole game.

Also some kind of system for starting hand redeals, for those times when you get screwed by low cards or all 3 scoring cards. Both players secretly commit if they want a redeal or not. If one says yes and the other no, a redeal happens but the yes player forfeits 2 VP to his opponent.