As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

did you forget your scissors, wrestling thread???

crwthcrwth THAT'S ITRegistered User regular
i SAID

did you forget your SCISSORS???

let all talk about how cool sid was

sidsidneyrayeudy22eb3.jpg

or how bad a time i will have at wrestlemania if goldberg wins the rumble

EzUAYcn.png

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i was a big sid fan as a kid because i was, and continue to be, a powerbomb mark

EzUAYcn.png
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    he kicked out of the leg drop

that is not human

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    hey, wrestlethread. Just wanted to drop in, make mention of the fact that Westworld seems to have an evil, backwoods cult lead by a guy named Wyatt, who specializes in oversized brutes who wear masks.

Not sure how I feel about that.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Regarding the end of the last thread, I think the public piling on and on after the fact is just as bad, and would recommend PMing someone if you're taking issue with something a particular poster is doing, either that person themselves, or a mod, and talk about it there. I mean, I'm not a mod or anything, but I have been the target of public pilings on and its not only not the best way to do things, it can wind up being more harm than help.

Goose! on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I need to know why Nick Gage was in prison again.
    Also considering he got out of prison a better wrestler somehow last time, does that mean this time he's going to get out as the second coming of Misawa?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I need to know why Nick Gage was in prison again.
    Also considering he got out of prison a better wrestler somehow last time, does that mean this time he's going to get out as the second coming of Misawa?

Remember when he was originally arrested for the bank robbery?

He served most of his sentence and was released on parole

He violated parole and was put back in for another year

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    So is Gabe's all tournament promotion like a parody of New Japan or what?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I found out that Nick Gage violated his parole in the best way possible - the headline "Local Wrestler Back in Jail" on the front page of a newspaper.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I never really watched Sid much. I think I saw THAT Nitro and just noped right off.

edit - Actually, it was a PPV I guess, but same deal.

blaze_zero on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    So is Gabe's all tournament promotion like a parody of New Japan or what?

He did an annual tournament for two of his promotions over the last 8 or 9 years

Because he has entirely too much time on his hands and loves making promotions including stuff that doesn't last beyond a year, he expanded said annual tournament into an all tournament promotion

Yesterday he also announced he's back to booking for FIP

People point out how little sleep Meltzer must get, but Gabe easily has to be approaching that level

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Damn, Kevin. Also Otunga what the hell with that line, seriously.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I don't know if Daniel's stuff is scripted, it seems too off the cuff, but I love how honest he seems to be about everything.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i was a big sid fan as a kid because i was, and continue to be, a powerbomb mark

They are extremely satisfying to do.

BLM - ACAB
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    In being on topic, here's Sid's debut!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FFHfL-HHDgk

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    A good powerbomb is probably my favorite "standard" wrestling move

my current favorites period are the Phenomenal Forearm and Cesaro's Springboard Corkscrew Uppercut

CYpGAPn.png
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    So has Owens won a match clean as champ yet?

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    NXT tickets in Australia must be slow as they’ve announced that in every city on the tour, for every ticket purchased, you can bring a buddy for free.

Isn't half of NXT Australian now, why is this a thing

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    I was thinking about Survivor Series and the real MVP for me was Randy Orton

Dude is really comitting to the Wyatt family bit so far as he isn't hogging the spotlight or taking focus away from Bray but is still taking his spots and landing the big moves when they count

It honestly bums me out a bit because he is almost certainly turning on him soonish

CYpGAPn.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    dear wrestlethread,

I think @wirehead26 is an awesome dude who just wants to talk about wrestling and sometimes brings up bad topics

I blame the disconnect on media/kayfabe news that focus on being negative and sensationalist with every storyline like the Goldberg/Lesnar match

which should have just been seen as a callback to his WCW streak, but rather it's some kind of booking conspiracy and that is just clickbait nonsense

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAsvm3SW33k

BELLA TWINS YOUTUBE CHANNEL OMG!!!!11

Xehalus on
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I was thinking about Survivor Series and the real MVP for me was Randy Orton

Dude is really comitting to the Wyatt family bit so far as he isn't hogging the spotlight or taking focus away from Bray but is still taking his spots and landing the big moves when they count

It honestly bums me out a bit because he is almost certainly turning on him soonish

Oh hey, topical, Randy and his wife Kim just had a daughter earlier today! Congrats to them!

CYpGAPn.png
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Oh hey, topical, Randy and his wife Kim just had a daughter earlier today! Congrats to them!

Did they name her Harper in an attempt to earn Luke Harper's trust?

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Didn't see anyone mention it in the thread, but I loved how Jericho kept yelling "You owe me fifteen thousand!" at Dean during the SS match

That's continuity for ya

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular

Abigail or bust

I really enjoy doing a sitout swinging side slam. I try to work it in often, but not all the time.

BLM - ACAB
    Opening with Shane, get some rest dude

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Powerbombs are good.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    I've been figuring out a new move to try. Kind of a muscle buster into a facebuster.

BLM - ACAB
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    That is a quality comedy neck brace, Ellsworth.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I've been figuring out a new move to try. Kind of a muscle buster into a facebuster.

Like a musclebuster lift into a gourdbuster drop (sitout version obviously since it's superior) or something else?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Just tuned in to Smackdown, has it just been Ellsworth's contract so far?

Crippl3 on
    happy Mizgiving everyone!

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Pretty much, and them talking about how team smackdown did last night.

Also, yes give Ellsworth the belt. Fuck it.

• Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    I liked Shane's "I give up" face when Ambrose showed up at the end.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I hope Kalisto has both the IC and Cruiser belts because he is that good

• Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Maybe it's the absurd humor fan in me but nothing would have made me happier than some quality editing of the backstage segment ending with Shane turning around and Ambrose sitting there eating poutine.

This discussion has been closed.