As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - New Year’s Resolutions

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - New Year’s Resolutions

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    moosemaimermoosemaimer Registered User regular
    This reminds me of a Foxtrot comic from a VERY long time ago, where Jason is begging for a new computer because the Klingon ships are metallic green.

METALLIC green!

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Moist has to be the filthiest not-inherently-filthy word in the English language.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Is this the right title to match this comic? I'm not seeing any correlation between hi-res orc grease and New Years.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Resolutions would probably be the link there

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    It's just an excuse to pun resomolutions.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Resolutions would probably be the link there

Yeah there's only one aspect to the joke.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

Hah! I was going to post that.

Also, looks like that orc has been playing too much World of Final Fantasy.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    bbullockbbullock Registered User regular
    "The Moist Orc" sounds like a D&D tavern.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    and here I am, with only 3K resomolution moistness.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Gabe really nails the "wife who knows that she has to be supportive no matter how dumb the husband is being" dynamic with the body language and expressions in this one

You know... I imagine...

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Moist has to be the filthiest not-inherently-filthy word in the English language.
    I'd say raunchy tops it... all I can think of when I hear that word is moldy nachos and cheese...

• Options
    wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Haha, my wife and I have that discussion (about TV's) every time we go to Costco.

It's funny and disturbing at the same time that PA has gone from two dudes arguing about video games to "wife issues" like this. Comic characters aren't supposed to grow up dammit!!!!!

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    RatherDashing89 on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The ratio of video quality improvement to increase in hardware power / complexity needed has been getting worse and worse every year, but with the 4K thing we are rapidly approaching pointless levels of diminishing returns.

When we went from ex. PS1 to PS2 or from N64 to The Cube, those were IMPROVEMENTS. Your mom could tell the difference. Now, not so much.

I think consoles / TV manufactures should probably concentrate on higher, variable refresh rates. It's nearly the only thing left with room for significant improvement.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    How about making it so consoles hook up to tv's wireless? that'd be interesting.