As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Explosive blubber [Dishonored 2]

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Lalabox wrote: »
    finished this and it was very good

however it turns out that there were even more really cool things that I missed after I passed one poorly signposted choice that I couldn't go back to because autosaves and quicksaves had written over each other.

gosh these are some beautiful and dense worlds, tho

Which choice?

Stilton's manor
    that knocking him out was the way to change history. I didn't find the note until afterwards. And there's no way to go back after you open his study.

Also apparently there's stuff you can affect with Megan

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

however it turns out that there were even more really cool things that I missed after I passed one poorly signposted choice that I couldn't go back to because autosaves and quicksaves had written over each other.

Which choice?

Stilton's manor
    that knocking him out was the way to change history. I didn't find the note until afterwards. And there's no way to go back after you open his study.

I tried killing him to see if I would get a TIME PARADOX but nothing happened immediately. I was doing a no-kills play through and also was terrified that I may have fundamentally broken the universe so I reloaded right after.

It's pretty counterintuitive that knocking him out would effect the timeline. You'd think one of his guards would just wake him up and things would proceed as normal. I'm willing to bet that keeping him from attending the ceremony is good for the timeline and keeps him sane so I might see if I have a save there and tear through the rest of the game to see the effect, which should be easy now that I have the achievements I want.

I'm willing to be the devs expected a lot less people to leave him standing - but the way they stacked the backyard with guards anyone looking to avoid conflict is probably gonna warp in behind him, take the codes and warp right back out.

august on
    Dishonored 2 is only 32 minutes long wtf refund please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4al9oCR-vo

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    32 minutes I can live with, 29 minutes is where I draw the line, I'd recommend muting it unless for some reason you're into rape "jokes"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChhfyugCr8w

Kanden on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    PC Gamer has gotten to try a beta version of the performance patch on PC, and they say it's pretty promising

6F32U1X.png

Which choice?

Stilton's manor

I tried killing him to see if I would get a TIME PARADOX but nothing happened immediately. I was doing a no-kills play through and also was terrified that I may have fundamentally broken the universe so I reloaded right after.

It's pretty counterintuitive that knocking him out would effect the timeline. You'd think one of his guards would just wake him up and things would proceed as normal. I'm willing to bet that keeping him from attending the ceremony is good for the timeline and keeps him sane so I might see if I have a save there and tear through the rest of the game to see the effect, which should be easy now that I have the achievements I want.

I'm willing to be the devs expected a lot less people to leave him standing - but the way they stacked the backyard with guards anyone looking to avoid conflict is probably gonna warp in behind him, take the codes and warp right back out.
    i regret leaving him for the ceremony.

Having looked it up, thete are cooler and better things that happen if you subdue him

edited November 2016
    doing a second playthrough, and it's still really fun actually going for the no kills thing properly this time.

it's weird that the best way around the conservatory bug is actually one of the fastest and safest ways to complete that part of the mission if you know what you are doing

edit: I thought I was being very thorough in my first playthrough, and I spent about 20ish hours on it, but there's still some interesting things I'm discovering

Lalabox on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What bug?

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What bug?

Conservatory spoilers
    The place is full of witches. If you use the nonlethal method on Breanna, the game is programmed to knock out any witches still conscious. But, if you've knocked out any witches before that, there's a bug that makes some of them die.

One suggested workaround from players is to quicksave before doing the thing, do the thing, and then figure out which unconscious ones die. You apparently then reload and hit all those with sleeping darts.

I could not get that to work, so I started the level over and just snuck in and took out Breanna without touching any of the witches. This way the bug doesn't come into play.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    edited November 2016
    knitdan wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What bug?

Conservatory spoilers
    The place is full of witches. If you use the nonlethal method on Breanna, the game is programmed to knock out any witches still conscious. But, if you've knocked out any witches before that, there's a bug that makes some of them die.

One suggested workaround from players is to quicksave before doing the thing, do the thing, and then figure out which unconscious ones die. You apparently then reload and hit all those with sleeping darts.

I could not get that to work, so I started the level over and just snuck in and took out Breanna without touching any of the witches. This way the bug doesn't come into play.

in addition to this, I would suggest hard saving, not just quicksaving, as those get overridden pretty easily. And to have one at the beginning-ish of the level, and one just before you complete the event that causes the problems.

also unrelated to this I love playing as Emily. It's just super cool

edit: finally did the Stilton manor again, and I still feel like the choice was poorly signposted and you do a thing without really understanding what you are doing, but actually I'm also kinda glad I did the "bad end" to that level first, as it makes this go through feel even more hopeful in contrast.

Lalabox on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I bought this and started it this weekend and I've just finished the first bit, but I'm already torn on going forward with Murder Murder in Black Convertibles Mode, or starting again and ghosting through without killing any dudes.

I just feel like
    DEATH TO TRAITORS

You know?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Performance patch is coming this week, and in a few weeks a patch will come out that adds New Game + and custom difficulty options

6F32U1X.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I bought this and started it this weekend and I've just finished the first bit, but I'm already torn on going forward with Murder Murder in Black Convertibles Mode, or starting again and ghosting through without killing any dudes.

I just feel like
    DEATH TO TRAITORS

You know?

First level is for justified murders

You can spend the rest of the game bringing down the chaos level

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Unless you use the heart on random enemies.
    Then they all deserve to die.
    I know they're all pulled from a random pool, but couldn't they have any 'He gives half his paycheck to orphans' to make you feel bad about it?
    I just keep getting ones like 'she beats her children every night', which makes me feel like not killing them probably isn't making the world a better place.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I just keep listening to rap songs about doing murders while I play

Admittedly this could affect the outcome of my game

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    kinda feel like restarting just to focus my build, just wrapped up the clockwork mansion

...but my game time is also 11 hours

liEt3nH.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Yeah having red boxed this game I am feeling the pressure of time

Gotta start working through these levels a little quicker! They're just so dense and fun to explore that I end up wandering around forever making sure I haven't missed stuff

And then end of missions spoilers turns out I missed stuff

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Unless you use the heart on random enemies.
    Then they all deserve to die.
    I know they're all pulled from a random pool, but couldn't they have any 'He gives half his paycheck to orphans' to make you feel bad about it?
    I just keep getting ones like 'she beats her children every night', which makes me feel like not killing them probably isn't making the world a better place.

I got one which was "He may not look the type, but he sings her to sleep. Every night.".

Also "She feeds a stray dog and tells no one. She's thinks it may be against law, but cannot stop herself.".

My first run was full-on murderhobo, but they lived.

I feel bad when I listen to guards talking and they're all like "I haven't seen my kids in 3 years they're back in Dunwall." "As soon as my tour is up we're leaving Karnaca, I don't want my kids to grow up here."

And then I knock them out and put them all in funny positions on the bed so when they wake up they're like omigod we can never speak of this.

You guys know that old saying "stun mines are a girl's best friend?"

j0b07wmm3tje.jpg

... that's a saying, right?

You guys know that old saying "stun mines are a girl's best friend?"
    ... that's a saying, right?

I dunno, the way I heard it was "Stun mines, fuck yeah!"

Just started my Corvo Kills Everyone run, so I guess it's time to find out just how broken I can make these powers.
    Anyone know if you can attach stunmines and springrazors to crossbow bolts when you stop time?

I'm going to have to remember to kill all the targets in straight up sword fights, because those are brutal.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I keep hearing people say that you get less Chaos for killing a guy that the heart says mean things about

Then I hear other people say that the heart is all randomised

Are both things true? The heart is random but will only pull from a "good" pool for some people and a "bad" pool for others?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I keep hearing people say that you get less Chaos for killing a guy that the heart says mean things about

Then I hear other people say that the heart is all randomised

Are both things true? The heart is random but will only pull from a "good" pool for some people and a "bad" pool for others?

It's a fact that the heart will not say the same thing about an NPC if you use it and then reload the game or whatever, and it's also a fact that developers said in interviews that they loved how players would decide whether to kill someone based on what the heart said in the first game, and decided to incorporate that into the second one. Assuming that that is not a feature that they cut and then didn't say that they cut it, I think the safe assumption is that NPCs are flagged in some way (my assumption right now is a good/neutral/evil set, because i feel like that covers everything I've heard - there are definitely some stuff that isn't good, but doesn't sound as bad as all the murdery ones) and then they pull a heart quote from the pool for their classification. That also personally to me makes sense as a system to make the heart feel useful in that way without adding a bunch of work attaching things to each NPC.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Is the tutorial for this game ridiculously dark or is it my TV screwing with me? I can hardly see where Corvo is when I'm trying to sneak and avoid him, he's just a giant dark blob.

That sounds like it might be a problem with your TV settings. I never thought the game was unusually dark.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Now that I think about it I probably had the TV set to Cinema and not HDR. Might help.

Edit: Or you know, check my brightness settings. Apparently in my default setting the symbol furthest left was already completely black, so I set it up according to the second one. Genius.

Flarne on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So I noticed the game got a recent update for those who use the beta, so I thought I'd try it again.

Aaand, it kinda helps a bit, yeah. Input lag isn't so bad.

Unfortunately, soon as I left the tower, the game ran like absolute shit.

Running at bare minimum settings, it both looks and plays MUCH worse than the previous game.

This is not acceptable. My box isn't that old or that cheap. I'm done with this game right now. It's hard enough without literally having to play in slow-motion.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is this game noticeably more difficult than the first one?

Like, there seem to be more guards, and all those guards have better perception even on easy difficulty.

IKknkhU.gif
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Like, there seem to be more guards, and all those guards have better perception even on easy difficulty.

It's not just you. Guards are definitely more aware of their surroundings in this.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »

It's not just you. Guards are definitely more aware of their surroundings in this.

Yeah, and it's most notable early on, since you get some wide spaces with none of the really fun tools to deal with things.

Also, made a discovery last night, about the mansion.
    I've read that you can only get "silence" if Jindosh never knows you're there. True enough, but I also read that you can't pull the levers at all.

I got away with two yanks. First one I hid under the room in a hurry, and he assumed he had a glitch. Second time I got a soundbite like he knew SOMETHING was wrong, but I still ducked all line of sight, so apparently he wrote that off too. I just had to eliminate every single guard without being detected, and teleport around the few active 'bots. Crossbow bolt to Jindosh's skull, and the achievement dinged.

Does he not detect you by pressure plates or something throughout the house?

Or maybe that's just if he already knows you're there.

The Mansion:
    I don't know about the second one, but I got away with the first level pull.
    I think that even if it doesn't get counted for ghost purposes (I guess since they're not hostile yet?), when the clockwork sees you, that confirms to Jindosh that someone's there.
    I ran and hid as the room was coming together, he assumed it was a glitch, and the clockwork went to it's standard patrol instead of standing in front of the doors. I went through them, and was loose in the house without him knowing.
    Shooting out the skylight and blink/reaching through is easier, but it's a handy alternative if you're going for no powers.

I guessed that activating the maze to get to Sokolov would alert him too? I didn't want to chance it anyway, so I went back after I'd dealt with him.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Does he not detect you by pressure plates or something throughout the house?

Or maybe that's just if he already knows you're there.

I dunno. I took him out before using any pressure plates. Also took out all the servants, to be safe.

He does talk about pressure plates and the like if he knows you're there (not the kind you actually see in the game), but otherwise I'd guess he either doesn't check on them, or just assumes it his own staff.

klemming wrote: »
    He does talk about pressure plates and the like if he knows you're there (not the kind you actually see in the game), but otherwise I'd guess he either doesn't check on them, or just assumes it his own staff.

Or the guards. Or the guests.

(I also took out the guests)

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I need to play this again but pokemon has consumed me

2x39jD4.jpg
    when I went for the silence acheivement, I just made a beeline to him first to eliminate him, without pressing any buttons, and then I went and messed around with the rest of the house and the other objectives and collectibles

I think no levers is safest, because on my first one, I pulled one level, and then tried to go through the walls and then was trapped and needed to pull it again and that made him aware, although he still didn't spend the whole time shouting at me

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    My biggest problem with getting that achievement was
    the clockwork soldier he has in his office. I'd managed to shoot off its head while it was downstairs so it couldn't see me when I knocked him out. Unfortunately it would hear me whenever I went to go put him in the electroshock machine. Every single way I tried to kill the damn thing would make it notice I was there and ruin my ghost run, no matter what.

Grenade thrown from across the room while I'm behind something? Nope, he spotted me. Jump assassination? Yep, spotted me. Eventually I just snuck up to it and rewired it instead of killing it, but come on. How would it spot me if I threw a damn grenade that had to bounce off a wall to even reach it?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    I'm having some glitchy struggles I think - I went back to redo the first stage, aiming for ghostly, but it seems like when I reload my quicksave I'm being instantly detected even though I'm hanging out quietly somewhere that should be secret? Anyone else run into this? Is mildly annoy.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    I've had one or two auto-saves do that because they saved at a bad time/place and the guards' positions reset.

Haven't noticed it happen on quicksaves but I don't use quicksave much because I'm on PS4 so I still have to go into the menu and it doesn't really save me time to use quicksave instead of hard saving.