As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    isn't a big component of the game that you abandon the planet that you're on to another world?

i'm not sure how a base would help you

well

your base could be a spaceship

That's what I want. I want a big capital ship to be able to park my smaller ship in.

Give me a bunch of rooms where I can display animals and plants and rocks and shit that I've scanned.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am absolutely using those

CYpGAPn.png
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Anyone want a 50% off code for blood bowl 2 or a code for some free skins for the game? They came with my physical copy.

I'd take the 50% off code if you still have it.

steam_sig.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got this new roller coaster park game. I have very little idea what I'm doing. It seems neat though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Having played and seen a fair bit of both Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny, I feel confident in saying that Obsidian are really bad at coming up with cool proper nouns

They need to get whatever genius works at Bungie over for a consulting session because Kyros and Eder and The Disfavored are some seriously unmemorable nonsense-ass fantasy names. That's some Kingdoms of Amalur type shit

Nothing on the scope of WARMIND or COVENANT

Man I totally disagree

Like, Kyros isn't great, I'll admit, and Eder wouldn't be that memorable if not for being the best

But these are also games with characters named Grieving Mother and The Devil of Caroc and Graven Ashe and The Voices of Nerat

They're not all winners, sure, but there's some great fantasy names in there

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I never got grieving mother's thing. probably because she vanished into the ether after I killed some kid to power myself up

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I never got into bungie world building until I read the book of sorrows from destiny.

Holy shit it is so up my alley.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grieving Mother had one of my favorite stories in Pillars, and her whole thing is super cool. Her and Eder are the best characters by a pretty long shot (although everyone was pretty well done, I'd say - Hiravias and Kana Rua were kind of bland, but not strictly bad either).

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    my preference for no man's sky would be to make it so you could deploy some kind of warp gate in systems you've explored

so you can build your territory out and come back to planets where you build things on

A bookmark system for NMS is sorely needed.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    not sure what the point of basebuilding is without real multiplayer
    I guess some people like to play minecraft by themselves but I've never seen the appeal if you can't collaborate and show off your builds to others

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I guess some people like to play minecraft by themselves but I've never seen the appeal if you can't collaborate and show off your builds to others

even if it was asynchronous, where you could upload the changes you've made to a planet you've done stuff on and other people could potentially discover it, that'd be neat

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

fallout 4 had basebuilding without multiplayer as a core feature

liEt3nH.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Yeah, I almost always play games like Minecraft and Terraria and Starbound alone. I just like building stuff for myself, I don't give a shit if anyone else sees it. If I really want someone to see my masterpiece I can always post screenshots of it online.

I played with Lego alone a lot as a kid too, and rarely showed my grandparents what I'd made either, so it's just how I've always been.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Started downloading the special edition of Secret of Monkey Island. Hoping I don't remember too many of the puzzles.

According to the download speeds Steam is currently getting, I have between 4 and 56 days to try and forget all of them.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Secret World doesn't run very well on this garbage PC, so I downloaded Star Trek Online. When did this game add time cops and why is Chekov a time cop

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

didn't play FO4 but I bet I would have found it empty and pointless there too, from what I saw in a few videos of people playing the game
    obviously that's just my personal taste, I know some people like to do minecraft stuff by themselves

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Yeah, I almost always play games like Minecraft and Terraria and Starbound alone. I just like building stuff for myself, I don't give a shit if anyone else sees it. If I really want someone to see my masterpiece I can always post screenshots of it online.

I played with Lego alone a lot as a kid too, and rarely showed my grandparents what I'd made either, so it's just how I've always been.

MP stuff almost always has a competitive element and I am extremely non-competitive so I have always been more of a loner when it comes to videogames. And I love building stuff.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    George H.W. Bush just sat up straight in his chair and thought "oh snap Gerald Ford owes me five dollars"

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    George H.W. Bush just sat up straight in his chair and thought "oh snap Gerald Ford owes me five dollars"

what

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    what
    Motherfucker always trying to slink out on the beer money

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

what

Fidel Castro has died.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

MP stuff almost always has a competitive element and I am extremely non-competitive so I have always been more of a loner when it comes to videogames. And I love building stuff.

See, I love competitive games like Counter-Strike and Battlefield, and I also really like co-op games like Warframe and Killing Floor. It's just the sandbox games with a focus on building things where I choose to be completely alone.

JtgVX0H.png
    I had a lot of fun with ME3 MP, and I have putzed around a bit in L4D and Halo with friends, but generally I feel too much paranoia about judgement for being shit to enjoy multiplayer stuff. Which is a shame cos there are some really cool looking MP games out there.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Grieving Mother had one of my favorite stories in Pillars, and her whole thing is super cool. Her and Eder are the best characters by a pretty long shot (although everyone was pretty well done, I'd say - Hiravias and Kana Rua were kind of bland, but not strictly bad either).

Grieving Mother is a good character, but if I were trapped in the world of PoE, I'd probably just hang out with Eder and Zahua and go on acid trip adventures.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    tkTwYMe.png
    I forgot that the default resolution for the original Quake was 320x240.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    isn't a big component of the game that you abandon the planet that you're on to another world?

i'm not sure how a base would help you

well

your base could be a spaceship

That's what I want. I want a big capital ship to be able to park my smaller ship in.

Give me a bunch of rooms where I can display animals and plants and rocks and shit that I've scanned.

Rooms where you can have alien cockfights.

edited November 2016
    That quake resolution takes up like 3x3 inches of my screen.

TheStig on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I never got into bungie world building until I read the book of sorrows from destiny.

Holy shit it is so up my alley.

Just read it again cause I can't sleep.

Still really good!

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Alright, I did it
    I grabbed Dragon Age. It's 2009 and I want to see what that is all about

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

el_vicio wrote: »
    Alright, I did it

Be the biggest asshole you possibly can. DA:O offers great asshole opportunities.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Alright, I did it

Be the biggest asshole you possibly can. DA:O offers great asshole opportunities.
    That's so hard for me though!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    If you wanna run Quake on a modern machine I really recommend downloading quakespasm, or nquake if you plan on doing some multiplayer. There's actually a really good steam guide on the multitude of source ports out there and if you want you can make this game look real crazy.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118401000

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The Secret World doesn't run very well on this garbage PC, so I downloaded Star Trek Online. When did this game add time cops and why is Chekov a time cop

In the summer and because.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

didn't play FO4 but I bet I would have found it empty and pointless there too, from what I saw in a few videos of people playing the game
    obviously that's just my personal taste, I know some people like to do minecraft stuff by themselves

The mechanical benefit of base building in fallout 4 was building a fun place for all the dolls in your collection NPCs in your town to safely live and work and generate resources for you

edit it was fun and definitely more interesting than finding your dumb lost baby

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Fallout 4s base building let me expertly display my bathtubs full of drugs

So that was worth it alone

icGJy2C.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    And it let me build this (spoilered for size):
    4ADFF3252A38EEE9E53EDE7363C0CE43FEBE90B3

The white squares blinked off and on.

BionicPenguin on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Seeing as I have FF15 coming soon, I decided to strictly limit my sale budget this time to around $15.

Eventually settled on Primordia and Abzu. I had somehow totally forgotten that the developers who made Flower had come out with another game, despite Flower being one of my absolute favorite PS3 games.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited November 2016

DX9 version runs better than DX11 version regardless of how good/bad your computer is.

Also, if you do have a good computer, you don't want any of the graphical sliders turned all the way up to max. Having them just before max gives you much better performance.

Game engines. :rotate:

DarkPrimus on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Seeing as I have FF15 coming soon, I decided to strictly limit my sale budget this time to around $15.

Eventually settled on Primordia and Abzu. I had somehow totally forgotten that the developers who made Flower had come out with another game, despite Flower being one of my absolute favorite PS3 games.

Yeah, they made Journey

(To be technical, the only person from Flower on Abzu is the Art Director - the designers on Flower were a part of thatgamecompany, which went on to do Journey)

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.