As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I think after buying Hitman and Tyranny, I should put a spending freeze on myself for the remainder of the year at least.

The last thing tempting me is Watch Dogs 2, but any cheap copies of that are just Uplay codes.

Maddoc on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Abzu looks dope

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Abzu looks dope

Abzu is dope, you ever spend time hanging out with a sting ray? It'll change your life, man.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh, Abzu is from the Flower, or more importantly, Journey people? Huh! Interesting

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Oh, Abzu is from the Flower, or more importantly, Journey people? Huh! Interesting

No, Abzu is from a Flower person, and no Journey people.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    Ah.
    Hm.
    Eh.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Abzu is basically Journey In The Ocean

You're gonna see a lot of stuff like that in the coming years, because all of the people that worked on Journey split off from Thatgamecompany and went and started their own studios

6F32U1X.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Abzu is a game that is absolutely lovely, full stop. It is an exceptional treat for the eyes and it is clear the people involved had a tremendous respect and love for the ocean and the life within it. It is also devoid of challenge, even moreso than Journey. The most difficult the game gets is when you are not sure where to go due to poor signposting - there's the appearance of enemies that threaten and suggest they'll injure you, but never actually do. It's impossible not to compare it to Journey, due in no small part to how derivative it is. You are actually hitting emotional beats at almost the same pace - the speeding downhill, the dark and spooky place with monsters, and the triumphant spiritual victory. Although I enjoyed it I found its imitations to be impossible to ignore, and it tainted the experience greatly.

liEt3nH.png
    Abzu definitely seems like it's helped a lot if you think fish are cool

Though I wonder if it has an Ecco The Dolphin twist in there

6F32U1X.png
    Fish are cool!
    But I don't quite meet the specs, so I'll appreciate it from a distance

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

No, Abzu is from a Flower person, and no Journey people.

Ah, I see.

Weird that the advertising I saw emphasized the Flower connection.

Still, it looks exactly up my alley.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    George H.W. Bush just sat up straight in his chair and thought "oh snap Gerald Ford owes me five dollars"

what

I tried to post this in the Castro thread last night and could not for the life of me figure out where it ended up, so thank you

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I had a lot of fun with ME3 MP, and I have putzed around a bit in L4D and Halo with friends, but generally I feel too much paranoia about judgement for being shit to enjoy multiplayer stuff. Which is a shame cos there are some really cool looking MP games out there.

See, the trick is to not give a shit about being shit, especially in competitive games. In those games I'm there to piss people off by hopefully being better than them and murdering them over and over. If I fail at that, however, I'll take pissing them off by being awful at the game. Win/win situation for me. I also talk a lot of shit, even if I'm doing terribly, which is a lot of fun. In co-op games it's a little trickier since I'm there to help the people I'm playing with, but the main consolation for me if I fail is that most people I've met online are pretty understanding if you do badly.

JtgVX0H.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Grieving Mother had one of my favorite stories in Pillars, and her whole thing is super cool. Her and Eder are the best characters by a pretty long shot (although everyone was pretty well done, I'd say - Hiravias and Kana Rua were kind of bland, but not strictly bad either).

Grieving Mother is a good character, but if I were trapped in the world of PoE, I'd probably just hang out with Eder and Zahua and go on acid trip adventures.

Oh, yeah, for sure.

Part of the reason they're both so good is because of how utterly heartwrenching their stories are.

Although probably my favorite thing to do with Grieving Mother is to ask the other party members what they think of her.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Aw I never did that. Now I want an RPG where your team is like the cast of Mean Girls and you gossip about eachother whenever one of your party members isn't present.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Grieving Mother had one of my favorite stories in Pillars, and her whole thing is super cool. Her and Eder are the best characters by a pretty long shot (although everyone was pretty well done, I'd say - Hiravias and Kana Rua were kind of bland, but not strictly bad either).

Grieving Mother is a good character, but if I were trapped in the world of PoE, I'd probably just hang out with Eder and Zahua and go on acid trip adventures.

Oh, yeah, for sure.

Part of the reason they're both so good is because of how utterly heartwrenching their stories are.

Although probably my favorite thing to do with Grieving Mother is to ask the other party members what they think of her.
    It's been a while, but isn't she invisible to them? Or like, glamoured to be a different person?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Pillars of Eternity:

I don't know who to side with on Kolsc vs Raedric. They kinda both seem like pricks? But I dunno, Kolsc probably hasn't
    Murdered his wife and child in cold blood

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Pillars of Eternity:

I don't know who to side with on Kolsc vs Raedric. They kinda both seem like pricks? But I dunno, Kolsc probably hasn't
    Just choose what your character would do. You can probably kill them both.

DarkPrimus on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Pillars of Eternity:

I kind of want to do that but I also don't wanna fuck over Gilded Vale even more.

I already killed Raedric's animancer. Kinda leaning more towards Kolsc at this point? But he also might be a total dickhead.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Pillars of Eternity:

I kind of want to do that but I also don't wanna fuck over Gilded Vale even more.

I already killed Raedric's animancer. Kinda leaning more towards Kolsc at this point? But he also might be a total dickhead.
    they're both dicks and will both screw over Gilded Vale, but you got bigger fish to fry so just go with one.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited November 2016
    So I started a rogue lady in Dragon Age, being a bit of an ass to everybody

which led to stabbing an unarmed prisoner instead of feeding him to get a key. WELP, THIS IS THE ROAD I CHOSE

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9PvjJJijY

After an announcement a day or two ago, The Foundation Update for No Man's Sky just dropped. Here's the full patch notes.

Crippl3 on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    That is

Really cool

And just further reinforces my view that NMS should have been released as early access.

They're going to have to be releasing free content for a long time to sort out their reputation

It's weird that one of the best changes in there is "some of the planets will now have actually nothing on them"

6F32U1X.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

which led to stabbing an unarmed prisoner instead of feeding him to get a key. WELP, THIS IS THE ROAD I CHOSE

Did you... did you just kill Sten?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Oh, yeah, for sure.

It's been a while, but isn't she invisible to them? Or like, glamoured to be a different person?
    Yeah, essentially.

They mostly just don't notice her, or don't realize she's been there the whole time, or that she's traveling with you, or anything.

You know, this person who has been wrecking shit shoulder to shoulder with them.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

it's okay, he's suffered worse

edited November 2016

I don't know his name, he was a dude in a cage in Ostagar. Arrested for deserting, swallowed and shit out a key. I wanted that key. stabbing ensued!
    In other news, the guy who voices Duncan turns into Ben Kingsley somewhere between the speakers and my brain

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

No sten is later, there is a prisoner in the very first area after you become a warden but before the blight really kicks into gear with a prisoner who says he has a key

you can either feed him for it or shank him through the bars with zero emotion

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »

No sten is later, there is a prisoner in the very first area after you become a warden but before the blight really kicks into gear with a prisoner who says he has a key

you can either feed him for it or shank him through the bars with zero emotion

Yeah the facial expression of my lady rogue in that scene, uh...was unsettling

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    5MKBA-B89K9-R5LN0

BRDPP-FAHTD-JDDXQ

PIIA7-62VFI-HF7NY

5MXQH-EI6W9-6JH2T

9W5J3-2PDCN-A9RZV

7CEQ6-IZEHG-TXYA6

G5KCG-6EKM9-RNWMT

P820M-L5K97-0CLPW

PYALM-FZN9I-GXZX5

VV048-MR2CP-3JTHY

PWWJC-F923N-N5YWF

GWM0D-V273V-HVI5P

DZGW2-9V6V2-BGQL9

HRAWA-RTY7I-7TKBZ

Q9J4J-XDD2X-IGKQ7

FQ33T-VVWQV-WD2YB

SenorTacos on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    used the very last one for a copy of samorost 2.

tyvm

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    grabbed one in the middle (G5KCG-6EKM9-RNWMT) for Mountain. Excellent!

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I picked P820M-L5K97-0CLPW out of the very middle and oh snap Bionic Commando, I always thought about picking that up!

you are swell

Grabbed one for a game called Three Dead Zed

thanks!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Grabbed one that turned out to be Resident Evil 4, but I copied something else before remembering to paste the code here. Whoops.

I'm also not that big of a RE fan, so if anyone wants RE4, PM me and I'll gift you a copy.

euj90n71sojo.png
    I picked up GWM0D-V273V-HVI5P

It's Samorost 2! Thanks, dude!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Grabbed 9W5J3-2PDCN-A9RZV

Westerado! Rad!

Thanks Senor!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Grabbed PYALM-FZN9I-GXZX5 which turned into Bionic Commando Rearmed!

Thanks! :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    034.jpg

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.