As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I'm under the weather today; this lootcrate was well timed!

Thank you @Kendrik! Happy Thanksgiving/Christmas/Holidays/Decemberween!

Awesome! I was a bit annoyed I couldn't gift the video game crate, but it looks like this one still hit the mark pretty well. I have but one more question: Renegade or Paragon?

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hey now, Big Trouble in Little China is not a terrible film.

I mean, I enjoyed it. It's a great film in the same way that Kung Fury is a great film.
    Kendrik wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I'm under the weather today; this lootcrate was well timed!

Thank you @Kendrik! Happy Thanksgiving/Christmas/Holidays/Decemberween!

Awesome! I was a bit annoyed I couldn't gift the video game crate, but it looks like this one still hit the mark pretty well. I have but one more question: Renegade or Paragon?

I play my Mass Effect the same way I look for my socks: "Where has the other paragon?"

(Except for shooting that one monologuing villian. I will renegade that choice every time).

Frem on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    This may well be the Christmas to end all Christmases. My wife got her visa and will be here, hopefully, next Sunday!

Thanks Santa! I've no idea what you did but I'm giving you credit for this!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    What series is that Doctor Strange from and do they make other figures?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

http://qmxonline.com/collections/figures

Yes.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

There are others, but the Doctor Strange one was a Lootcrate exclusive.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Ok amazon decided to split my package and deliver it tomorrow and on Monday in the wrong order. Confusion will probably ensue as the gift cards are just on the Monday package and the the Sunday.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Okay Santa, I have officially moved to a new place with a new address so if you need that, let me know!

• Options
    Giftget.gif

In addition to the awesome Steam gifts, two packages arrived today (well, technically 8 arrived but two were from my Santa)!

Gemma must investigate...
    hyoremchexp5.jpg

A new book, board game and Lego Dimension kit! I didn't have any of them, despite picking up Sushi Go many, many times.
    9l84uafzf6c0.jpg

Thanks Santa! Now reveal yourself!

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

There are others, but the Doctor Strange one was a Lootcrate exclusive.

A lot of them start off like that, but if you give it a few months, they release it to the public or you can find them for comparable prices on ebay. I got the Deadpool one that was also a lootcrate exclusive through Amazon just the other day.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    @theoriginalz sent me the LucasArts bundle. I have indiana jones installed and expect to not be able to finish it due to terrible puzzles of the adventure era. Thank you.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

In addition to the awesome Steam gifts, two packages arrived today (well, technically 8 arrived but two were from my Santa)!

Gemma must investigate...
    hyoremchexp5.jpg

A new book, board game and Lego Dimension kit! I didn't have any of them, despite picking up Sushi Go many, many times.
    9l84uafzf6c0.jpg

Thanks Santa! Now reveal yourself!

It was me! I'm glad I didn't get you any repeats. Pictures of the game shelf were very useful. :)
    Merry Christmas!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    @theoriginalz sent me the LucasArts bundle. I have indiana jones installed and expect to not be able to finish it due to terrible puzzles of the adventure era. Thank you.

If you ever get stuck. Ping me. I can play those games blindfolded. :)

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    dalith14dalith14 Registered User regular
    Hope everyone had an awesome turkey day!

Woke up this morning to a box on my porch. Didn't have time to open it but will update once I get home. I assume was from Santa as I haven't ordered anything recently.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santa: I want to let you know that I received your email, but that my wife and I both became seriously ill over Thanksgiving break and are still recovering. So give me a few days to get back on my feet and I will attempt to decipher your message!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Just like GnT Secret Santa to go the extra step and use biological weapons to reduce the desirability of other, lesser holidays.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

If you ever get stuck. Ping me. I can play those games blindfolded. :)

Started it this morning. Ah, the SCUMM interface. I have to remember how to play those games again.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Whew. I've been sitting on my SS presents for a while, but I have them all packaged up and ready for shipping now. Beware, Santee!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The forums decided that for Christmas, i should have no avatar....

Now i have to go find a replacement.

edit: and now it's back. Wonder what's going on with the Forums...

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    I just have to share how awesome this set is all put together. Tiny Defender uses a Lego microphone as a joystick.

xfcmsxsf7sgv.jpg

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Proper gift get to come tonight after the wee one heads for bed. But Santa, this is quite lovely!

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

So after arriving home to the news that my sister-in-law's car died and we would probably need to assist financially, I was also greeted with the news that a package had arrived. I hadn't ordered anything recently, so that could only mean one thing - I had been gifted. And it's a very pretty gift:

QTz0iC0l.jpg

I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, so this is right up my alley. Now I just need to figure out where they're going. Thanks Santa! Your proxy message indicated I'd have something custom and something from overseas, so this is one half down. I'm anxiously awaiting the second!

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    u4pgx5aax1bh.gif

I just got home and I'll do a better post, be more thankful later but my kid needs pizza.

Thank you so much mysterious benefactor. Sorry I've been MIA, New job and had to replace my car and find a new apartment. it's been hard.

Anyways, I use miniatures as characters for my DnD campaign.
    gzlwwqioy2mg.jpg
    48om2z0s1ezk.jpg

belligerent on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

So after arriving home to the news that my sister-in-law's car died and we would probably need to assist financially, I was also greeted with the news that a package had arrived. I hadn't ordered anything recently, so that could only mean one thing - I had been gifted. And it's a very pretty gift:

QTz0iC0l.jpg

I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, so this is right up my alley. Now I just need to figure out where they're going. Thanks Santa! Your proxy message indicated I'd have something custom and something from overseas, so this is one half down. I'm anxiously awaiting the second!

Ooooh, I love the look of those.
    We have a few NASA posters up on the wall in the basement that have a similar look. Linky

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Tracking number! Eeee!

I should really pull my finger out and get my stalking into high gear. It's been a busy old time in the Jam household recently.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Santee I've been slacking but don't worry... You WILL get your gifts before Christmas. I only have one idea right now... More to come I'm sure.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Santa- tracking number received...and its out for delivery today!!!!

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    I'm sure this isn't saying too much as we have many Santas and Santees residing in our poutine loving neighbors to the North but I am really fricking glad that I don't have to regularly depend on Canadian shipping. Watching my package not reach my Santee for days now has been beyond frustrating.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Where is it "stuck"? Generally out postal system is actually pretty good besides its inability to effectively handle a certain class of mail (padded envelopes, which seem to disappear or arrive in tatters perhaps 20-25% of the time).

• Options
    It appeared in the system on Monday with expected delivery yesterday. Then, it updated to be expected today, now it's moved to tomorrow and truthfully it looks like I could have walked the item from the starting location to my Santee's address.

Hopefully tomorrow will truly be the day it gets delivered.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My santee lives in the city next to mine, I could hand deliver my gifts

But that would be beyond weird so, yeah

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

What? That's craziness! Santa/Santee meet ups are the best.

Usually made better by vans, and ski masks.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

See: aforementioned SAW Christmas scenario.

Me, I'm not driving my gift over because my basement pit is already occupied.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

See: aforementioned SAW Christmas scenario.

Me, I'm not driving my gift over because my basement pit is already occupied.

Sounds like someone needs a new basement pit. Why limit yourself to just one?

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    et3x3lrcsctb.png
    Proxy delivered a message with a Steam code and it turned out to be Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    My 4 year old boy is going to flip his shit today when he gets home from school and gets to play it!

Thanks Santa!!!
    kr3ggxewsdxw.jpg

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Sorry for the lack of pre-opened gift, but 2 packages came in the mail, both were roughly the same size and feel, and from Amazon. One was a game for one of my kids, the other was
    From my Santa!!!
    955ES59.jpg?3

It is installed, and now I'm just trying to find the time to play it tonight.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular

Didn't someone dump a garbage bag full of presents on someone's porch at one point? I swear I remember this being a thing...

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Kendrik wrote: »

Didn't someone dump a garbage bag full of presents on someone's porch at one point? I swear I remember this being a thing...

I so want to do this one year. As I live in Seattle, I know there are other locals here. Maybe one year. It might be more fun if I could show up at your door step in another country in a santa outfit.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The closest Santa/Santee thing I've ever had was a Santa who lived across the river in Jersey. I never did end up making it out there to patronize their bakery/say hello.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    I'll spend some time in the morning picking the colors apart to find the RGB values in assorted formats.
    But that's tomorrow's problems, for tomorrow's me.

Thanks alot, past me. You lazy sod. Should have known I couldn't count on me when I was you.
    p59ijlbtv59f.jpg

Edit: Just got an email from Riddler Santa
    no time, so I will just tell you. top leading square is wrong.

I thought it might be, but couldn't check cause I was in hurry.

R: 255
    G: 0
    B: 0
    So, I haven't been puzzling as hard or as diligently as I should have been (I blame overeating and my ridiculous lack of self control to prevent overeating), and Riddler Santa is grown angry (or impatient) with my lack of progress.
    Lets see -

I haven't gotten any word yet this week on any progress.

Hum, a little hint. All right, you are looking for a word. One might guess the word before you know how you should get the word.

What you do with the word should be obvious.

So obvusly, you need to figure out what the alphabet is.

Riddle Santa
    I notice that the word "obviously" appears to be missing an I and an O, I doubt that was coincidence.
    Since those look a lot like 1 and 0, I'm guessing Binary's coming back to play in this puzzle like it did the last.

Just a guess here, but the algorithm to convert from top color to bottom color is it as simple as switching 1s for 0s and the other way round? 11111111 (FF) becomes 00000000 (00).
    It doesn't work perfectly with the values I got, but I had my dropper sample set to 5x5 instead of 1x1 pixels, so some of the erroneous values could have been me being sloppy.

Edit: The word... Is it "Bird"? I have it on good authority that Bird is the word.

see317 on