As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nature does what US never could, Castro dead at 90

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    @Raijin Quickfoot Champagne Supernova is definitely the best Oasis song, high five

PSN- AHermano
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Che wasn't even a hero when he died. They way he's currently remembered in popular culture is very odd.

• scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

Man Tropico 3 was the shit

also had the best soundtrack out of all the tropicos for me, personally.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I can confirm the entirety of my family, which is very cuban, is celebrating hard.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Che wasn't even a hero when he died. They way he's currently remembered in popular culture is very odd.

Dude looks good on a t shirt

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Dude looks good on a t shirt

naked consumerism is the best way to spit on guevera's grave

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Castro and Florence Henderson on the same day.

No fucking way that's a coincidence!

I was gonna say, why does Fidel get his own thread when Florence Henderson brought way more joy into people's lives.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I had to google who Florence Henderson was

I've at least heard of Fidel Castro

I mean I've done way more than simply hear of him but yeah

Also @YaYa I hope you know you're the death thread guy now

That's what I look at you as

When I see your icon I just assume "somebody died"

You've made five death threads in 2016

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Also @YaYa I hope you know you're the death thread guy now

That's what I look at you as

When I see your icon I just assume "somebody died"

You've made five death threads in 2016

I am okay being the harbinger of death

Ron Glass aka Sheppard from firefly has also died because 2016 wasn't done yet

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was thinking I made a lot of death threads but now I look and I only made the Dave Mirra thread back in February.

I think I come to make them and see YaYa already has most of the time.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Pretty sure Tube said we were taking a break from political threads so if this strays off topic its going to get locked. I'll get it back on topic.

Wonderwall is good but Champagne Supernova is the superior song... Discuss.

I'm trying to think of what the best Oasis song is but all I keep remembering are Blur songs.

The correct answer to the great question of who was better, Blur or Oasis
    Is "Pulp"

Actually it's
    The Prodigy

Top points so far! I do love The Prodigy (and Orbital), but even they don't outrank the Chemical Brothers.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What about Moby?

Blur and Oasis are both bad

The Prodigy had that one video that aired on MTV a lot in the late '90s that I don't remember the title of but Chris Rock parodied it for the 1999 MTV VMAs (I remember it because it had that annoying ad campaign of "9-9-99"

I thought I knew who the Chemical Brothers were for a minute but remembered I'm thinking of the Crystal Method, who did that song for the Spawn soundtrack that was kinda cool

I've never heard of Orbital or Pulp

Tl;dr later Castro

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Blur was mean to Nardwuar that one time! Eff those guys!

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I can confirm the entirety of my family, which is very cuban, is celebrating hard.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the only thing my brother-in-law feels bad about regarding Castro's death is that he didn't get to personally kill the guy himself.

Edit: For some context, my brother-in-law once told me that Castro personally killed his grandfather during (or some time in the immediate aftermath of) the revolution in Cuba. He then told me that he often had dreams where he entered Cuba lone-wolf/Escape from New York style and avenged his grandfather by assassinating Castro himself.

Castro and post-revolution Cuba are severely sore subjects among he and his family.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blur and Oasis are both bad

You not liking something does not make it 'bad'.

song 2 by blur is the most ubiquitous piece of modern music known to man

there are amazonian tribes that have not been touched by white men that can still hum along to song 2

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Morning Glory is the only Oasis song that matters.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    song 2 by blur is the most ubiquitous piece of modern music known to man

there are amazonian tribes that have not been touched by white men that can still hum along to song 2

Well I mean yeah, how else are you gonna get your head shaved by a jumbo jet? Like many things in life, it is difficult to achieve!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    What about Moby?

Isn't Moby American

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »

From what I've seen so far, this is not an uncommon viewpoint. He's being lauded in many circles for standing up to American imperialism.

Shame about all those Cubans he betrayed, murdered, and imprisoned. So, fuck you, Jeremy Corbyn, I guess.

I've been waiting for this day my whole life. 2016 is still a shit-fucker of a year, and if I could trade it for a better one in which Fidel lives to be 100, I'm pretty sure I would.

But if this is the year we're stuck with anyway, then this definitely makes it go down a little sweeter for me.

sarukun on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    justin trudeau issued a similarly glowing statement

the replies to the tweet were mostly one canadian man whining that nobody outside of canada should comment on canada ever, which was odd

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The prodigy had that pretty good song from the Scott pilgrim trailer

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    justin trudeau issued a similarly glowing statement

the replies to the tweet were mostly one canadian man whining that nobody outside of canada should comment on canada ever, which was odd

Trudeau just visited Cuba a week or two ago and gave Raul a little photo album of the Trudeau family's trip to Cuba in the 70s.

Castro was a pallbearer at Pierre Elliott Trudeau's funeral.

The Trudeaus and Castro were pretty cozy.

ChicoBlue on
    OK... Is The Prodigy the same as Prodigy?

Like Firestarter and Smack My Bitch Up, Prodigy?

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    In summer 2017 it will be 20 years since Oasis released a good song.

And, lord help us, they're releasing a new version of Be Here Now next year, just incase anyone needed reminding how bad they could really be.

ZD98Zka.png
  • GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »

Yeah I'm pretty sure the only thing my brother-in-law feels bad about regarding Castro's death is that he didn't get to personally kill the guy himself.

Edit: For some context, my brother-in-law once told me that Castro personally killed his grandfather during (or some time in the immediate aftermath of) the revolution in Cuba. He then told me that he often had dreams where he entered Cuba lone-wolf/Escape from New York style and avenged his grandfather by assassinating Castro himself.

Castro and post-revolution Cuba are severely sore subjects among he and his family.

My family celebrated pretty hard when Pinochet died

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    OK... Is The Prodigy the same as Prodigy?

Like Firestarter and Smack My Bitch Up, Prodigy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncaNlxvTFzg

Yeah there's that, oh and also 5 UK #1 albums, a Guinness world record in 1999 for fastest album sales ever in the UK (think about that for a second) and somewhere around 18 million total album sales worldwide, but nevermind about all that.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

What's the story here?

Oh brilliant

Yeah there's that, oh and also 5 UK #1 albums, a Guinness world record in 1999 for fastest album sales ever in the UK (think about that for a second) and somewhere around 18 million total album sales worldwide, but nevermind about all that.

primus sucks, dude

What was the song in the Scott Pilgrim trailers?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    What was the song in the Scott Pilgrim trailers?

Invaders Must Die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA

IKknkhU.gif
    Hmm

Not a fan but I legit don't even remember hearing that

Though to be fair I tried pushing most of that marketing out of my mind ("it's on like Donkey Kong")

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I have so many good, if vague and fuzzy, memories of my late teens set to a soundtrack of Experience and Fat of the Land.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

What's the story here?

I'll tell you later. Need a little time to rest my mind.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

primus sucks, dude

How fuckin dare you, Les Claypool is a goddamn genius.