As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Explosive blubber [Dishonored 2]

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    My biggest problem with getting that achievement was
    the clockwork soldier he has in his office. I'd managed to shoot off its head while it was downstairs so it couldn't see me when I knocked him out. Unfortunately it would hear me whenever I went to go put him in the electroshock machine. Every single way I tried to kill the damn thing would make it notice I was there and ruin my ghost run, no matter what.

Grenade thrown from across the room while I'm behind something? Nope, he spotted me. Jump assassination? Yep, spotted me. Eventually I just snuck up to it and rewired it instead of killing it, but come on. How would it spot me if I threw a damn grenade that had to bounce off a wall to even reach it?
    I just shot him in the head and reloaded.

Also, I got an interesting glitch where a quicksave got teleported outside the hallway I was in. Came from standing on the rim of something to run rather than activating it, I think.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    the clockwork soldier he has in his office. I'd managed to shoot off its head while it was downstairs so it couldn't see me when I knocked him out. Unfortunately it would hear me whenever I went to go put him in the electroshock machine. Every single way I tried to kill the damn thing would make it notice I was there and ruin my ghost run, no matter what.

Grenade thrown from across the room while I'm behind something? Nope, he spotted me. Jump assassination? Yep, spotted me. Eventually I just snuck up to it and rewired it instead of killing it, but come on. How would it spot me if I threw a damn grenade that had to bounce off a wall to even reach it?

does a shock mine count for it? because that's how I killed all of them

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

does a shock mine count for it? because that's how I killed all of them

I'd used all my shock mines and springrazors by that point, because I'd used them to get the sleeping ones because them waking up would be the end of it too.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I should have been writing down all the cocktail recipes

I swear every bar had a different variation of a gin drink written on a chalkboard

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that as long as you take the head out in your first shot, they can't be alerted to you in a way that counts against ghost.
    I know I beheaded the two he pits you against after your conversation, and still got ghost at the end of it. One killed the other, and I killed the survivor.
    My tactic (when I ran out of stun mines) was to snipe the head (with the crossbow, but pistol should work if there's no-one else around to hear), then just stay crouched somewhere out of their range. If they don't hear anything, they don't move, and you can just pick off the arms one at a time.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that as long as you take the head out in your first shot, they can't be alerted to you in a way that counts against ghost.
    I know I beheaded the two he pits you against after your conversation, and still got ghost at the end of it. One killed the other, and I killed the survivor.
    My tactic (when I ran out of stun mines) was to snipe the head (with the crossbow, but pistol should work if there's no-one else around to hear), then just stay crouched somewhere out of their range. If they don't hear anything, they don't move, and you can just pick off the arms one at a time.

I'd blown the head off it, and every time I tried to kill it I'd lose my ghost immediately, no matter what way I tried to kill it. I'm guessing it was just bugged out or something, but yeah my only way to get it to stop trying to kill me or the dude I was carrying was to sneak up and hack it.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I would like to announce to the world that, once again, I have OWNED Jindosh. Motherfucker thinks he's so smart?

I just took down his riddle in, like, five minutes with a pen and some paper.

Suck it, brilliant and intricately designed levels full of clever map design! I can just ignore you!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I just beat the clockwork mansion earlier today
    I uh

admire I guess

how well they replicated that "low chaos choices are actually somehow even more evil" thing that the first one had going on, I was worried they'd lost that magic touch for minute but oh boy they did not

Like I feel confident that chapter one guy would have eventually been rescued from the safe room, or at least that he could be rescued but maybe the delilah would choose to let him die but thats not on me

and there wasn't even a thing that happened in chapter 2 except not murdering people

and in chapter 3 I probably helped that lady become sane again and she'll have to deal with the guilt but whatever I still helped her

I just lobotomized a dude

and then he talked to me after and made it super duper clear that he has forgotten everything except having once had something great and now that personal greatness is locked inside a box he can always see but will never ever get inside

and then the heart confirmed that with crystal clarity

And like Jindosh was a bad person

mother fucker had a vape rig built into his hand

but man I'm just not feeling super great about that one

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    don't be a conspirator against an empress who has already survived two conspiracy attempts

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    don't be a conspirator against an empress who has already survived two conspiracy attempts

true but also maybe
    low chaos could be a better defined idea than "literally anything besides actual murder"

like why is the grand inventor being assassinated worse than going at his brain with an electric melon baller

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Welcome to Batmantown

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Amazon had this for $35 so I ordered it. I liked the first one a bunch.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    In fairness, it's not like those are locked in as the only option if you want to go low chaos.
    If you've not killed your way to them, you can kill all the main targets and still have a low chaos ending, and vise versa.
    The non lethal options only ever promise to be exactly that, whether they're nicer or more merciful is always up for debate.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    In fairness, it's not like those are locked in as the only option if you want to go low chaos.
    If you've not killed your way to them, you can kill all the main targets and still have a low chaos ending, and vise versa.
    The non lethal options only ever promise to be exactly that, whether they're nicer or more merciful is always up for debate.

They also usually cause less social disruption. Which is, in theory, what "Low Chaos" means.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I ordered this game from Amazon on black friday.

It shipped from the distribution center like 30 minutes from my apartment.

They sent me the UK version.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

true but also maybe
    low chaos could be a better defined idea than "literally anything besides actual murder"

like why is the grand inventor being assassinated worse than going at his brain with an electric melon baller

Low Chaos is pretty simple, it's what is the least disruptive to general society. It has nothing to do with actual morality or good/evil or anything. That's why it's a chaos system and not a moral system. In general, Dishonored posits that people being aware of murders will make them feel more unsafe and afraid.
    In that instance, there's not even any indication that you were there. For all the common man knows, Jindosh went senile.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I like it when the world reacts to certain stealing things, although it's still a bit weird that it's not tied into the chaos system so much.

The black market shops stuff is kinda cool

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Now I am concerned.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

This is an incredible fuckup.

• Options

true but also maybe

Low Chaos is pretty simple, it's what is the least disruptive to general society. It has nothing to do with actual morality or good/evil or anything. That's why it's a chaos system and not a moral system. In general, Dishonored posits that people being aware of murders will make them feel more unsafe and afraid.
    In that instance, there's not even any indication that you were there. For all the common man knows, Jindosh went senile.

Or that he (mission 4)
    tried one his own machines and it just backfired on him

I get it I just feel bad about it

I wish I could have arranged to have one of his sentinels go nuts and kill him and have that be the low chaos option instead or something

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

true but also maybe

Or that he (mission 4)

I wish I could have arranged to have one of his sentinels go nuts and kill him and have that be the low chaos option instead or something

That's actually one thing I wish for if they do another sequel:

Lethal oppurtunities as elaborate as the non-lethal ones

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I would endlessly love a game that was a mix of hitman and dishonored

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular

Now I am concerned.

I had to argue with the CS rep about region locking. I'm less than pleased. He also ignored my request for next day shipping (I chatted CS at about 11am EST) as I said I was willing to pay the extra $5. Despite it, once again, shipping from the distribution center a short jaunt from my house. Like, this distribution center is as close to my house as the nearest best buy (I get 5% cash back from amazon right now).

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »

true but also maybe

Or that he (mission 4)

The first Dishonored was mostly better about that. The first level had two special kills for the target, where nobody would be able to tell it wasn't an accident.

One would even make the actual killer cover things up for you!

• Options
    I'm on mission 6
    I tried to do the logic puzzle but I'm too dumb so I ninjaed my way around and got all the clues I needed to open the fancy door

Pretty sure I'm gonna trap both the overseer and paolo in some boxes and let them be shipped into slavery

The other option was murder them because they both run truly monstrous organizations but murder is bad so this is probably better

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I'm on mission 6
    I tried to do the logic puzzle but I'm too dumb so I ninjaed my way around and got all the clues I needed to open the fancy door

Pretty sure I'm gonna trap both the overseer and paolo in some boxes and let them be shipped into slavery

The other option was murder them because they both run truly monstrous organizations but murder is bad so this is probably better

Get ready for the best mission in the game.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    kinda a dumb thing but I really appreciate how less gross food is in this one.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm on mission 6

I solved the riddle, then gave everyone a light asskicking, cutting off their executions as a general "Don't be assholes" reminder.

In the ending, they're both at the table with the Duke, contributing to Karnaca's prosperous future. Or the 'Duke', as the case may be.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »
    I'm on mission 6

I kind of just blundered through it and killed a bunch of guards and stressed out over consequences of my actions. I feel like I played it completely wrong and now I've read spoilers and kinda ruined the chance to experience it properly.
    It didn't even occur to me to KO Stilton to keep him from going nuts because I find all the characters look kind of the same in this game, and he looked like just some generic thug...

I also found the combination of time travel plus no powers EXTREMELY stressful and worried about unknown consequences and rushed to get it over with. Regret that a lot.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »
    I'm on mission 6

I kind of just blundered through it and killed a bunch of guards and stressed out over consequences of my actions. I feel like I played it completely wrong and now I've read spoilers and kinda ruined the chance to experience it properly.
    It didn't even occur to me to KO Stilton to keep him from going nuts because I find all the characters look kind of the same in this game, and he looked like just some generic thug...

I also found the combination of time travel plus no powers EXTREMELY stressful and worried about unknown consequences and rushed to get it over with. Regret that a lot.
    Oh crap I didn't think to knock out Stilton either! Something for a second playthrough I guess.

And yeah, I defintely felt naked as hell without my powers but I liked that it forced me to rethink my approaches

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

true but also maybe

Or that he (mission 4)

"murder that looks like an accident" would be an interesting option

not sure if it would be high or low chaos; it would look pretty weird if all your rivals died under strange circumstances within the span of a few weeks, but then, it probably also looked a little weird in the first game when all these people were disappeared/disgraced

• Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    Looks like the Crown Killer struck again.

• Options
    Just started.

Opened the first cabinets.

Me: "Oh no."

Got outside and found some side building to enter which had stuff.

Me: "This game is going to be bad for my compulsive behavior."

• Options
    Just started.

I'm very sorry, but it is damn near impossible to get 100% of coins in a level

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I shelled out money for a guide thinking it would help me find all the coins

Fuuuck no

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I think I'm actually enjoying it way more a second time through.

Having a little foresight as to what to not stress out about is great.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Just started.

Yeah even if you learned all the locations of fixed loot there are a ton of people to pickpocket. You'd also completely run out of things to spend it on. Even on a barebones runthrough where I did basically nothing but go after targets I was only mildly cash strapped.

• Options
    Just started.

But with improved dark vision and a whole lot of moving incredibly slowly you can get 75% or more pretty easily

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I shelled out money for a guide thinking it would help me find all the coins

Fuuuck no

People still pay money for guides?

I literally didn't know they were still a thing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think the game I most recently purchased a guide for was Disgaea 4 and I regretted it immediately

it seems like there's just no money in writing a comprehensive, robust, useful guide for any game that would need it

the standing exception being Fallout, which still gets extremely detailed and useful guides from Prima (or Brady, I forget which and it doesn't really matter)