As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Turns out that HRAWA-RTY7I-7TKBZ wasn't used yet, and it was Strider!
    Thanks duder!

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    I snatched VV048-MR2CP-3JTHY from @SenorTacos
    Thanks a lot for DMC! :heartbeat:

And it let me build this (spoilered for size):
    4ADFF3252A38EEE9E53EDE7363C0CE43FEBE90B3

The white squares blinked off and on.
    Gonna be needing a gif

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    And it let me build this (spoilered for size):
    4ADFF3252A38EEE9E53EDE7363C0CE43FEBE90B3

The white squares blinked off and on.
    Gonna be needing a gif

Sadly, that's an old screenshot from around release and I don't have that save file, anymore.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I want to play Doom but I can't stop playing Hitman. A new video card combined with the sale has given me too many options

(and later some Dead Rising 3 coop with a buddy)

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Is 75* celcius a safe temperature for a GPU to be hovering around under load?

That's where it sits at while playing Witcher 3 for me, and it might not be great to have it at that for hours at a time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Is 75* celcius a safe temperature for a GPU to be hovering around under load?

That's where it sits at while playing Witcher 3 for me, and it might not be great to have it at that for hours at a time

That's absolutely fine. 85° is the high end of safe for gaming load. 80° is good if you're really paranoid. 90° is considered the overheating point, and even that's a bit conservative.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Huh, weird! I said that steam key was Samorost 2 but it was actually Remember Me!

It said Samorost 2, though. Weird.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Grabbed BRDPP-FAHTD-JDDXQ, which turned out to be Corporate Lifestyle Simulator!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Huh, weird! I said that steam key was Samorost 2 but it was actually Remember Me!

It said Samorost 2, though. Weird.

Faulty memory, huh?

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Grabbed BRDPP-FAHTD-JDDXQ, which turned out to be Corporate Lifestyle Simulator!

That game has a bangin' soundtrack

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am slowly working on Planet Coaster. I am working on the campaign levels one at a time to get a better grasp of the mechanics. I did a really good job of the pirate park that is a huge sand pit with an unfinished coaster. Next levels get much harder. General trick is to take it slow and don't rush to hire or build all at once.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I was scared to try the codes because I've got a long running bundle/steam addiction and was at least an 80% chance any code I picked would have been a library dupe! heh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Planet Coaster is making me realize that what I like about management "thing" games is going into a place that is super broken and making it work and not building a thing from scratch.

I wish there was a new Theme Hospital. I played so much of that game.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Planet Coaster is making me realize that what I like about management "thing" games is going into a place that is super broken and making it work and not building a thing from scratch.

I wish there was a new Theme Hospital. I played so much of that game.

I think this is why I get bored with most City building sims no matter how good they are , yet have 100%'d every Tropico since 3.

Dunno why more sims won't toss in a campaign.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Tried the topmost not crossed out one and it was chroma squad! Thanks Tacos!

(PIIA7-62VFI-HF7NY)

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Tried the topmost not crossed out one and it was chroma squad! Thanks Tacos!

(PIIA7-62VFI-HF7NY)

See that woulda been a dupe for me ! I chose correct !

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Whoops, looks like I was plugging it into the wrong window. Grabbed 5MXQH-EI6W9-6JH2T for a copy of Technobabylon. Which is perfect, because I have just this month started re-reading the collected works of William Gibson! Thanks, @SenorTacos! You're a real cool cat.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Lord, I rarely feel bad for not paying full price for a game, but stardew valley is giving me that feeling. So many hours gone already. So good.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Lord, I rarely feel bad for not paying full price for a game, but stardew valley is giving me that feeling. So many hours gone already. So good.

it's times like this where I gift somebody else a copy

Brolo on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just used 7CEQ6-IZEHG-TXYA6 which turned into a copy of Psychonauts. Fuck yes!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I used 7CEQ6-IZEHG-TXYA6 and apparently I already own it? Dunno what it is, dunno if it got used up. Sorry if it did.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sounds about right, yep

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    lmao if you ain't 66

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    What happened to genders 19-65

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

magic

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Unsummoned.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the world is full of mysteries waiting to be discovered by the intrepid and thirsty

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

They probably wanted to keep the value isolated so it didn't get mixed up with the others. I haven't played Baldur's Gate, but I'm gong to guess that IMPRISONED_SUMMONED goes on some important dude? If you're assigning genders by number in the code to save space, it's relatively easy to mix up with, say, 16 and 17, but harder to do so with 66.

66 is also thematically similar to 666 except also eight-bit, so

(genders 67-255 are also blank probably)

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What's great about Stardew Valley?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

It's an adorable and extremely well-made homage to the Harvest Moon games.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Decided on my award nominations:
    Test of Time: Burnout Paradise
    I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye: To The Moon
    Just 5 More Minutes: Civ V
    Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!: BioShock
    Villain Most In Need Of A Hug: Day of the Tentacle
    Game Within A Game: Machinarium
    I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award: Mini Metro
    Best Use Of A Farm Animal: Armello
    Best Game With Hats Except for That Other One: Rocket League

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

It's an adorable and extremely well-made homage to the Harvest Moon games.

This does look adorable. I could do with a nice happy game about now.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Its an RPG where you can farm, fish, mine, fight monsters (in the mine), run errands for villagers, or spend all day playing video games in a bar.

Your skills go up the more you use them so if you fish a lot you get better at fishing. And you get more crafting recipes and perks when your skills go up. And it gets compared to Harvest Moon a lot but you don't have to farm if you don't want to. And there is a relationship system where you can marry any of like 10 characters and its gay friendly.

Biggest complaint is the conversation system seems a bit flat since most of the time you talk to someone they just say a random thing. But you do get the occasional cut scene that gives you more insight on a character. I tried to give a girl a flower and she wasn't at the bar where she worked so I went to her house and ended up walking into her dream world. Also I just started playing this weekend so theres a bunch of stuff I have to unlock/upgrade yet. Plus the developer has supported the game with more content so things could always improve.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    My big issue is the bachelors don't quite measure up with the bachelorettes.

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    My big issue is the bachelors don't quite measure up with the bachelorettes.

mz8U5Cx.png

shane is 2 dreamy 4 u

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Yea, the guys are wayyy less interesting on average. But for me it's like harvest moon 64 crack. Always something to do. Always a new goal. So many nested systems. Oh you wantgoat cheese? Well, you need goats which need an upgraded barn, cheese makers, and all the woods/metals/oddments to make them. As opposed to older harvest moon games, very little is obscure. You don't have to guess how you might get something, it's generally sensible and obvious. And if you do want to say "eh fuck that, don't wanna deal with bees and flowers" or what have you, the game really does not seem out to punish you. Even the big collections that open up more stuff, the harder ones generally give some options for those who aren't super completionist.
    The art is adorable, and some of the character arcs are genuinely moving, and surprisingly adult (not like raunchy, but as in real) like the mild spoiler
    alcoholic mom that is wayyy too real for me and damnit imma get her daughter the best secret Santa gift ever.
    And optimization problems for farming and collecting alll the veg/fish/ore/artifacts etc etc makes this game easily compulsive for me. Like animal crossing that you don't have to put down till you want to. Honestly 10$ in meth would have been less awful for my life vs this game.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I'm tempted to nominate Team Fortress 2 for "Best Game With Hats Except For That Other One" just to see if I get an incredulous email from Valve.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I finally got around to doing my steam award nominations:
    The "Test of Time" Award: Quake 1
    The “I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye” Award: Cibele
    The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award: TIE Fighter
    The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award: The Fall
    The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award: Mass Effect
    The “Game Within A Game” Award: Team Fortress 2
    The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award: Puzzle Agent
    The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award: Stardew Valley
    The “The "RULES OF NATURE" award for best music cue” Award: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

I feel kinda weird about the thought it was cool etc award for Puzzle Agent considering I'm not sure I've ever really discovered some hidden gem I didn't know about from games media or here or something but I figured it'd be better than Joke Option: Ricochet. For the best use of a farm animal award I figured I'd at least have 1 award that I'm going to see actually win something. Team Fortress 2 wins game within a game purely because I think before my time ended with that game I liked playing Prop Hunt more than actual TF2.

This discussion has been closed.