As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    ...NBs have a ranged execute? Did I miss a morph?

edit: Impale? 15 meters is OK, I suppose.

Yeah, its not amazing, but its decent. Good for standing far enough back that you can avoid most pbae circles, but it doesnt exactly work from max range.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My character name is "Zavian Zavius" if I could get an add to the guild. Will be playing tonight and probably will buy it later this week if it goes on sale. Thanks!

Zavian on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Zavian It's on sale for 10 dollars right now

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Elldren wrote: »
    So for a ranged bow-type-character focusing on weapon attacks/stamina

What class skills would be of utility?
    Here you can see what skills either use stamina or would still be useful anyway, Class Skillls. Note that most class skills start as magic skills but some can morph into stamina skills. Nightblade probably has the most of them but the other classes have some too (I have a sorc/bow). You will probably want to go with medium armor, for stamina DPS, but it is a good idea at lower levels to have at least one of each armor type on you so they all level up, in case you ever change your mind about your character build and do a 180 switch and decide to some day be a magic melee instead or something. Also note that at level 15 (think) you can equip a second set of weapon with it's own skill bar. At that point you can have the use 2 different weapon sets (like 2hand melee for close up strong finishing moves), if you want, or just use 2 different bows.

Siska on
    Yooooooo I cant wait for the New Life Festival to start so I can get the armor motifs for the Event.

Spoiled in case people want to be surprised

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    So, I joined the Dark Brotherhood with a nightblade last night, after deciding my Sorcerer was not working that well for what I wanted to do at the time. It was kind of meh, at first, then Corrigan suggested I go join the Dark Brotherhood.

I've now gained a level from selling stolen items, after murdering the poor owners in their homes & shops, and am loving the Blade of Woe skill entirely too much. Corrigan may regret his advice.

Or not, given he was running around, doing something that could be broadly described as the same thing. My only issue so far is that I run out of slots to fence items entirely too quickly. Also, that when joining the dark brotherhood, I had a nice little set of daggers, and their intro package contained.... a two handed sword roughly the height of my Khajit.

Great fun was had, basically.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    So, I joined the Dark Brotherhood with a nightblade last night, after deciding my Sorcerer was not working that well for what I wanted to do at the time. It was kind of meh, at first, then Corrigan suggested I go join the Dark Brotherhood.

I've now gained a level from selling stolen items, after murdering the poor owners in their homes & shops, and am loving the Blade of Woe skill entirely too much. Corrigan may regret his advice.

Or not, given he was running around, doing something that could be broadly described as the same thing. My only issue so far is that I run out of slots to fence items entirely too quickly. Also, that when joining the dark brotherhood, I had a nice little set of daggers, and their intro package contained.... a two handed sword roughly the height of my Khajit.

The perk in legerdemain that increases how much you can fence a day is a really nice boost. It's an additive bonus, not multiplicative so it increases the limit to over 100 a day.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

The perk in legerdemain that increases how much you can fence a day is a really nice boost. It's an additive bonus, not multiplicative so it increases the limit to over 100 a day.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get it once I fence all the stuff stolen yesterday when I log in later tonight. The tooltip said 120% , I think?

n57PM0C.jpg
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying this game. it's just Elder Scrolls enough to not feel too much like a chore, but just MMO enough to have a crunchy grindy center of addictive goodness

I may sub just to get the crafting bag. $10 for the game plus a 3 month sub is still less than a typical AAA game and I bet I get way more out of it than, say, Battlefield

playing as Lyneith (@aresprophet) on NA if anyone from the PA guild would be kind enough to toss me an invite

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So I bought the fancy gold edition.

uh, still downloading. Probably won't be on tonight but I'll certainly be an Altmer. And a mage of some sort.

looking forwarding to killing things with everyone.

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I also bought the gold edition. I played the free weekend not really expecting anything, and I was really impressed with the game in general. I've been having a really good time playing the thieves guild and dark brotherhood missions, the story writing and character design has impressed me so far. It has been quite a while since I've played any game where I listen to the quests and am excited to learn about what happens next.

My only complaint is my old computer struggles loading the more complicated zones; when I first went to Hew's Bane I could barely move. Turning shadows off and setting the textures to medium pretty much solved that though so I'm happy enough performance wise.

I'd like an invite to the PA guild if possible:

gaulicho_shinyae is my account name, tinygiraffe is the charctername

mccart on
    I gotchoo boo. Invite taken care of.

n1woEHJ.png
    Pro-tip for anyone who gets an invite and I forget to tell, to talk in guild its /g1 through /g5 depending on how many guilds you're in. You can be in up to 5 at a time.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Oh my god. I played myself.
    The last quest chain in Stonefalls requires you to sneak past some Ghosts... without the Sneak skill, transformed into a wisp. This is damn near impossible when other players are around, because one of them will inevitably aggro a Ghost which then comes after all of you. After six tries I gave up, resolving to come back early in the morning when fewer people are on.

I'm like "How did this get past QA? This mission sucks."

And then I remembered: I was QA. In fact, I QA'd this quest. :| I fucking QA'd this specific quest. Good job, past me. This is your fault.
    It turns out when you have 10 QA people running this quest, we don't aggro the ghosts because we are properly coordinating and aren't random MMO potato people. And that wasn't what we were supposed to be QAing anyway, we were testing the transformation effect. Nonetheless, we didn't realize that rando players running through would make a stealth mission horrible, so... who fucking QA'd this quest? I did.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Finally remembered I should ask for a guild invite. Account name is SteelBlizzard.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    yeah what info do you guys need so I can join up with the guild? just the account name?

Trace wrote: »
    yeah what info do you guys need so I can join up with the guild? just the account name?

Just press O and give us your account name and i'll get you an invite whenever I can. If you're online right now I can hop on and get you situated. You can send a friend request to @Corriganx if I dont catch you soonish.

n1woEHJ.png
    Account is ZulNarith

• AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Might be a very daft question, but are there every any further gifts of Crowns on special occasions or events? New players got 500 to play with for getting involved over the weekend, and I wondered if there are other rare occasions where they might throw out another 500 or something.

I'd assume not, but worth an ask!

steam_sig.png
    Ashe wrote: »
    Might be a very daft question, but are there every any further gifts of Crowns on special occasions or events? New players got 500 to play with for getting involved over the weekend, and I wondered if there are other rare occasions where they might throw out another 500 or something.

I'd assume not, but worth an ask!

I can't recall it happening

3basnids3lf9.jpg

When should I bother with the DLC content?

There's no bad time to do it, and depending on what DLC you have, just going to the zone will give you extras. Pets, Costumes, or Posture for Dark Brotherhood

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Whenever you want a break from the current storyline. Everything scales, so you'll have a decent enough time combat wise, but it'll be a break in either the theme or area of the current thing you're doing. Nice to have a break sometimes.

n1woEHJ.png
    MAN I forgot how annoying I found the Malbourn.
    Mostly for a meta reason: their little plot with the Llodos Plague in Deshaan is almost identical to a similar quest line in Auridon in the town of Phaer -- somebody starts selling a "cure" for a plague that's actually the source of the plague for nefarious reasons. It's already a stupid enough plot, but the fact that they use it twice has always annoyed me.

I'd start at least the guild DLCs as soon as you feel like you know what you're doing. Like the Fighter and Mage guild quests, they unlock more story quests as your guild rank goes up and one of the big boosts to that are the daily missions they give so the sooner you start those the less waiting you'll have later.

Steam Profile
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    Is it possible to have your characters span multiple platforms? In other words can I log into my account on an Xbox one and play my PC characters?

• DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Is it possible to have your characters span multiple platforms? In other words can I log into my account on an Xbox one and play my PC characters?

Negative.

Dizzen wrote: »

Negative.

I figured, but thank you for the confirmation.

• arakis99arakis99 Registered User regular

arakis99 wrote: »
    I played at launch for a couple months and then another couple months when the dropped the sub model.

My main question as a pack rat aholic, how is the inventory management now?

Nothing has changed inventory-wise (that I can think of) unless you sub, in which case you get an infinite storage bag for all crafting mats... which pretty much makes storage space a non-issue.

Good news...... The infinite storage bag for all crafting mats(which is shared for all characters on your account), means playing ESO is no longer Inventory management hell.

Bad news.......... There is no way in heck I can ever play the game unsubbed again. Obviously ymmv(if you are not a pack rat)

I am subbed now and truly enjoying the game. This is the best mmo since SWTOR... Imo. The stories and quests are well done. It sometimes feels like a (good) single player crpg more than an mmo. For any fence sitters, For ten bucks I would recommend giving this game a try.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    @CorriganX can I get an invite?

Zavian wrote: »
    @CorriganX can I get an invite?

Whats your account name?

n1woEHJ.png
    Boss rush last night was super fun, even though I got tuckered out toward the end :)

And now, I'm going to talk about the PAX Arcadia guild bank, and stuff.

I've taken it upon myself to use the PA guild bank to store a lot of crafting materials for disciplines that I don't use all the time -- everything except Provisioning and Alchemy, basically. I don't mind if other people use the stuff I've put in there, part of the reason I do it is because I have more than I can personally use. My ONE request would be go easy on stuff like hemming and oils because there's not a lot in there.

HOWEVER... we're actually running out of room in there, and a lot of the running out of room seems to be because the bank is packed with random weapons and armor that nobody seems to be using, a lot of trash enchantments, and a whole bunch of food.

What I'd like to ask is that maybe we clean up the bank a little bit? I feel like things like food, spare motifs, recipes, and crafting materials should absolutely stay, and maybe stuff like lockpicks, repair kits, and soul gems, but the random crafted weapons and armor take up a lot of space (they're not stackable) and it'd be cool if we could use it as a shared crafting repository.

I'm just not sure what should go and what should stay, and I'm not the guild leader, so, suggestions?

Some related stuff -- things DO NOT stack in the Guild Bank naturally. In order to stack stuff, you need to WITHDRAW the things you want to stack to your inventory, then press Y to auto-stack, then RE-DEPOSIT. I know I forget to do this all the time but I try to at least 1/day go in and basically stack the inventory in there :P

Re: Arcadian Acquisitions, I was a member of this guild, but I was never given permission to WITHDRAW things from the bank. I'm not sure why that was, and that's the reason I recently left, because I figured I might want an extra guild slot... but maybe that was in error? Isn't AA our crafting/trading guild anyway? If that's the case why didn't I get withdrawal permission? I got real tired of accidentally depositing stuff to there and not PA and then not being able to get it back :(

I've been putting stuff in there for people to deconstruct

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I've been putting stuff in there for people to deconstruct

Oh, cool. I'll do some deconstructing and research then.

ALSO

I would like to finally update/fix the OP. I'm open to suggestions! I feel like stuff like proper guild info, times we tend to do things, stuff like the aforementioned bank information (tho again I figure we're pretty casual about the bank as long as people aren't jerks about it), stuff like that?

edited November 2016
    Boss rush last night was super fun, even though I got tuckered out toward the end :)

And now, I'm going to talk about the PAX Arcadia guild bank, and stuff.

I've taken it upon myself to use the PA guild bank to store a lot of crafting materials for disciplines that I don't use all the time -- everything except Provisioning and Alchemy, basically. I don't mind if other people use the stuff I've put in there, part of the reason I do it is because I have more than I can personally use. My ONE request would be go easy on stuff like hemming and oils because there's not a lot in there.

HOWEVER... we're actually running out of room in there, and a lot of the running out of room seems to be because the bank is packed with random weapons and armor that nobody seems to be using, a lot of trash enchantments, and a whole bunch of food.

What I'd like to ask is that maybe we clean up the bank a little bit? I feel like things like food, spare motifs, recipes, and crafting materials should absolutely stay, and maybe stuff like lockpicks, repair kits, and soul gems, but the random crafted weapons and armor take up a lot of space (they're not stackable) and it'd be cool if we could use it as a shared crafting repository.

I'm just not sure what should go and what should stay, and I'm not the guild leader, so, suggestions?

Some related stuff -- things DO NOT stack in the Guild Bank naturally. In order to stack stuff, you need to WITHDRAW the things you want to stack to your inventory, then press Y to auto-stack, then RE-DEPOSIT. I know I forget to do this all the time but I try to at least 1/day go in and basically stack the inventory in there :P

Re: Arcadian Acquisitions, I was a member of this guild, but I was never given permission to WITHDRAW things from the bank. I'm not sure why that was, and that's the reason I recently left, because I figured I might want an extra guild slot... but maybe that was in error? Isn't AA our crafting/trading guild anyway? If that's the case why didn't I get withdrawal permission? I got real tired of accidentally depositing stuff to there and not PA and then not being able to get it back :(

AA is / was our crafting guild, yeah. As for your permissions request, the short answer is no. The long answer is that, upon looking into it, it seems like none of the six folks with promote privileges have logged in during the past half year, and I think only three of those six are still active on the forum. I'll try to look into that more when I've got time.

Dizzen on
    Since I bought the 80$ version 2.5 years ago, I may as well reinstall on my PCand hook up with you guys.

@CorriganX I'm yallmf (account name).

Since I bought the 80$ version 2.5 years ago, I may as well reinstall on my PCand hook up with you guys.

@CorriganX I'm yallmf (account name).

Looks like you're still in the guild, so you're all good on that front.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So I picked this up for Xbox, 'cause hey, 30 bucks for Gold edition.

Any beginner tips I should know about assuming I mostly intend to play it like a standard ES game but with dungeons and a bunch of NPCs with weird names?

I assume the starter pack thing is a waste of my 500 crowns?

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    So I picked this up for Xbox, 'cause hey, 30 bucks for Gold edition.

Any beginner tips I should know about assuming I mostly intend to play it like a standard ES game but with dungeons and a bunch of NPCs with weird names?

I assume the starter pack thing is a waste of my 500 crowns?

Save up money for horses and packs for the inventory space.