As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon] Chuck those Pyukumuku, sniff those beds!

19495969798100»

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Caught careful and naive high I've dittos

Went to save the game and somehow crossed a wire in my brain and turned the system off instead

I just

Wh

At this point either you are cursed or on some level you really don't want to start getting into breeding on this game and your subconscious is trying to protect you.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Caught the adamant ditto with no fuss no muss

Trying to get the bold ditto had been an infuriating comedy of errors

Everything from accidentally letting ditto #20-something copy a Pokemon with a move that hit all targets to getting to ditto 40 and realizing I forgot to stock up on balls to now this

And honestly I am crossing the threshold from being annoyed by this to having such a smouldering hatred that I will die before I give up on getting a breeding set of dittos

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Also i just realized Masquerain got a stat boost, and a quiver dance Masquerain is actually something to be worried about

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    What are our quality rain setters other than pelipper

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Knob wrote: »

HA Politoad once the bank opens

Kyogre

Maddoc on
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

HA Politoad once the bank opens

Kyogre

You could chain poliwag for this too i think if you want one before bank

They're rare encounters but can be found

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah but fuck getting Kings Rock

Just alola Dex, I'm building for vgc doubles

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Is there a good guide for which Pokemon do best with which EV spread?

I'm probably not going to bother IV/Ditto Breeding etc since I don't have a ton of interest in competition stuff, but I want to at the least be sending a reasonable group to Isle Evelup every few days.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Usually just google "Smogon [name of pokemon]"

But if you look at Smogon or Bulbapedia or wherever for the pokemon's natural stats, you can make your own informed decision on what the best EVs would be

edit: OMIGAD these multi coloured miniors are sooooooooooo cute <3
    Like delicious star candy

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Is there any significance to differently colored miniors, or is it just a random cosmetic thing

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Gonna get me a Minior and name him Konpeito.

I figure Focus Sash + Shell Smash should work well for it.

Hey sweet, I already have 2 kings rocks

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular

You can get one post-game at the Trainer School from a fight with the principal

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Still don't have a Pikachu, myself.

Not a problem, though. I'll probably go back and get one when it's time to make the Koko/Pelipper/Raichu team I want.

Not sure what else should go on that team. Toxapex with Toxic, Scald, Infestation, Recover? Or maybe a Starmie with Scald, Ice Beam, Thunder, and Rapid Spin? I guess maybe that's not necessary if I can eventually get a Pelipper with Defog. Swift Swim Kingdra could make for a nice secondary attacker. That's all ideas for one slot, really.

Hm... Hawlucha would be a good check for attempts to hit Raichu with Dark or Bug types- dang. Transfer only.

Toxapex is a great Hazer, I'd do Haze over infestation.

Oh dang, right. Haze. Can't believe I forgot.

Either drop Infestation for it, or drop Scald for it. Depends on whether my team can wreck Steel types otherwise.
    Wyborn wrote: »

Not a problem, though. I'll probably go back and get one when it's time to make the Koko/Pelipper/Raichu team I want.

Not sure what else should go on that team. Toxapex with Toxic, Scald, Infestation, Recover? Or maybe a Starmie with Scald, Ice Beam, Thunder, and Rapid Spin? I guess maybe that's not necessary if I can eventually get a Pelipper with Defog. Swift Swim Kingdra could make for a nice secondary attacker. That's all ideas for one slot, really.

Hm... Hawlucha would be a good check for attempts to hit Raichu with Dark or Bug types- dang. Transfer only.

Friend, have you heard the good word of Life Orb Rain Golisopod?

Oooh, that's a good idea. Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Leech Life/X-Scissor, and one other move? Probably Brick Break, Shadow Claw, or... well, ;probably not Swords Dance.
    First Impression is probably worth it even in
    Is there an Idiot's Guide to Doubles somewhere? Maybe this will be the gen I learn something about it. (But probably not.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Go beat up the principal of the trainer school post game, she gives you a guaranteed one

Wyvern wrote: »

Either drop Infestation for it, or drop Scald for it. Depends on whether my team can wreck Steel types otherwise.

Oooh, that's a good idea. Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Leech Life/X-Scissor, and one other move? Probably Brick Break, Shadow Claw, or... well, ;probably not Swords Dance.
    Is there an Idiot's Guide to Doubles somewhere? Maybe this will be the gen I learn something about it. (But probably not.)

Worth it even if what?

And is it worth it? I would've thought 90 power wouldn't be worth that kind of restriction.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    90+stab

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Is there any significance to differently colored miniors, or is it just a random cosmetic thing

It's just random cosmetic. Like those flower fairy things in XY.

The shiny minior is black

I

Really

Want a shiny

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Wyvern wrote: »

Worth it even if what?

And is it worth it? I would've thought 90 power wouldn't be worth that kind of restriction.

It's not just first turn of the battle, it's usable anytime golisopod switches in. With Emergency Exit, that's gonna happen for you. It's pretty good.

True, but he has other physical Bug options that aren't locked to the first turn. True, Leech Life and X-Scissor are only 80+STAB, but they can be used multiple times and have life drain and high-crit, respectively.

Or does he have room for both First Impression and Leech Life on his moveset?

True, but he has other physical Bug options that aren't locked to the first turn. True, Leech Life and X-Scissor are only 80+STAB, but they can be used multiple times and have life drain and high-crit, respectively.

Or does he have room for both First Impression and Leech Life on his moveset?

With first impression and sucker punch both being priority moves, I don't care about aqua jet.

I rock Liquidation, Sucker Punch, First Impression, and Leech Life

This discussion has been closed.