As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

we are born of the books, made men by the books, undone by the books.

fear the old books

by the gods, fear it, laurence

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So basically a game about my everyday life?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Devil Daggers got my 5 More minutes nomination. New Vegas for "Villain Needs Hug Badly".

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

On a scale of Cute Puppy Dog with absolutely no tentacles to Azathoth the blind idiot god at the center of the universe, how much cosmic horror would you say your everyday life involves?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Regarding the Secret of Monkey Island special edition:

1. I hate the new art style and the VO. So glad they kept the old style as an option.
    2. I absolutely remember every single puzzle.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

On a scale of Cute Puppy Dog with absolutely no tentacles to Azathoth the blind idiot god at the center of the universe, how much cosmic horror would you say your everyday life involves?

I work at a high school.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Regarding the Secret of Monkey Island special edition:

1. I hate the new art style and the VO. So glad they kept the old style as an option.
    2. I absolutely remember every single puzzle.

The art style is terrible (they did a better job with the second game!), but I like Armato as Guybrush - can't recall the other voices tbh. I think the main problem is that the way the dialogue is written sounds awkward when spoken instead of being read sometimes, because beats work differently.
    I wish they had just given the whole thing to Double Fine, they handled the remasters of DotT and Fandango so goddamn well. They would probably even have gotten an appropiate artist for the remastered graphics

sigh

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wasn't the cast the same one from the 3rd/4th/etc games?

Pretty sure, I could only remember Guybrush for sure though. I want to say that the VA of LeChuck from Curse (and Escape?) died though, but I'm not sure if that was before the special editions

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Dragon Age: what's the deal with Morrigan, or the relationship system in general
    When I talk to her, I get +approval, when I do shit in the world, I consistently get -approval. Listen, witch, I like your style, and I enjoy being a dick, but come on, we need some of this shit done, even if it's just for the moneys.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Dragon Age: what's the deal with Morrigan, or the relationship system in general
    When I talk to her, I get +approval, when I do shit in the world, I consistently get -approval. Listen, witch, I like your style, and I enjoy being a dick, but come on, we need some of this shit done, even if it's just for the moneys.

are you a dwarf

because I know from experience that morrigan is dtfd

human rogue lady

got in bed with an elf servant in the first 10 minutes of the game, so the game better not shut me down now, I'm on a roll

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

human rogue lady

got in bed with an elf servant in the first 10 minutes of the game, so the game better not shut me down now, I'm on a roll

I don't think morrigan is into ladies

just big THICK dwarves with THICK beards

worst game ever

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    human rogue lady

I don't think morrigan is into ladies

just big THICK dwarves with THICK beards

I can confirm this, she is indeed into dwarves with luxurious beards

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Getting character disapproval for common actions like "accepting a quest" or "picking up this item over here" just means that I will never take that character with me ever, no matter how much I might like them.

Morrigan and Sten are the main culprits. Fallout 4 does this with Strong.

... looking at that list I guess that first sentence is inaccurate since I think all those characters suck so I probably wouldn't have them with me anyway.

Everything just needs to go Dragon Age 2 or Tyranny's route where a character or faction disapproving of a thing you are doing leads to different but equally viable perks or whatnot, just the same as approval. If the only result of disapproval is that the character leaves then that makes disapproval into a penalty and fail state to be avoided. So they get left back at camp.

Aistan on
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Q8DHP-NT9MW-WTDL9 + QIGG2-CCPQ6-74CWQ + QK5J9-9TZ2E-CTXTG + RCCNJ-IJXJE-INMQH + RA5MK-MLET0-4VLWX 1 Game and DLC

WY0B2-L58H5-NXVFX

82VLT-54JT7-XML3F

6C6II-A67VA-QE2JM

YC0BF-DQ80K-IIB9A

KMZED-TDIBE-AW75V

TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF

09B5F-DRF0V-ZGNRN

4Q9LA-9PKGJ-V4ZNZ

SenorTacos on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    nabbed the first code which is Killing Floor!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the codes tag will die alone and forgotten

liEt3nH.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I'm drawn like a moth to a flame when it comes to the Tropico games, which means that even though I can tell that 5 came out way too soon for it to have been a substantial departure from 4, and that it was a huge money grab given all the interesting new items are in a pack of 13 separate DLC items, I'm still thinking about getting the whole pack for $12.62

• SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    fart

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    grabbed TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF hope you don't mind!

It was beatbuddy tale of the guardians

looks neat!

SenorTacos wrote: »
    fart

that's the code tag!

liEt3nH.png
  • existexist Registered User regular
    Q8DHP-NT9MW-WTDL9 + QIGG2-CCPQ6-74CWQ + QK5J9-9TZ2E-CTXTG + RCCNJ-IJXJE-INMQH + RA5MK-MLET0-4VLWX 1 Game and DLC

WY0B2-L58H5-NXVFX

82VLT-54JT7-XML3F

6C6II-A67VA-QE2JM

YC0BF-DQ80K-IIB9A

KMZED-TDIBE-AW75V

TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF

09B5F-DRF0V-ZGNRN

4Q9LA-9PKGJ-V4ZNZ

thx for x wing vs tie fighter my man

UmPiq.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

WY0B2-L58H5-NXVFX

82VLT-54JT7-XML3F

6C6II-A67VA-QE2JM

YC0BF-DQ80K-IIB9A

KMZED-TDIBE-AW75V

TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF

09B5F-DRF0V-ZGNRN

4Q9LA-9PKGJ-V4ZNZ
    Shadow Complex Remastered! Thanks!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Gods Will, in fact, Be Watching...

Snagged code 82VLT-54JT7-XML3F. Thanks!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I grabbed the x-wing allinace

thanks indeed

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Getting character disapproval for common actions like "accepting a quest" or "picking up this item over here" just means that I will never take that character with me ever, no matter how much I might like them.

Morrigan and Sten are the main culprits. Fallout 4 does this with Strong.

... looking at that list I guess that first sentence is inaccurate since I think all those characters suck so I probably wouldn't have them with me anyway.

Everything just needs to go Dragon Age 2 or Tyranny's route where a character or faction disapproving of a thing you are doing leads to different but equally viable perks or whatnot, just the same as approval. If the only result of disapproval is that the character leaves then that makes disapproval into a penalty and fail state to be avoided. So they get left back at camp.

Sten is actually not as much of a hardass if you have good persuasion. He's just very stubborn and difficult to understand unless you go out of your way to deal with him on his terms.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Sten, like most followers of the Qun, is a real jackass who isn't worth your time.

liEt3nH.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    nabbed the first code which is Killing Floor!

I've been playing a lot of the sequel lately since it left early access and it's fucking amazing. It's basically the first game but better in every way. The only downside is that it hasn't been out for 7 years with constant content additions like the first game so there's less maps and weapons, but if they treat it like the first game then it's just a matter of time before that kind of stuff gets added

JtgVX0H.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Sten, like most followers of the Qun, is a real jackass who isn't worth your time.

they made him too much like an automaton programmed with the qun rather than a real person

they did better with iron bull, I think

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    This is the authentic MI experience

hqdefault.jpg

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    This is the authentic MI experience

hqdefault.jpg

I love cga palette 1 so much. Childhood memories, I guess

JtgVX0H.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I used to go out of my way to free Sten from the stockades. That was before I found out what the Qun is and did more in-depth research on its workings.

Now I leave him to die along with anyone else who professes to follow it.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Sten is my favourite Dragon Age character

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    asking sten about qunari culture is still a super memorable moment for me

I just had never played any game that had a character that just refused to talk about that stuff

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    steam is recommending my sacred which I played way back. if there ever was a game with too much content that was it

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

I work at a high school.

So, 11 then

VRXwDW7.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

I work at a high school.

So, 11 then

11 C'Thulus out of 5, yes.

This discussion has been closed.