As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fighting Games Part 423: Now is the winter of our discount Xrd

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    Farangu wrote: »
    Wimble wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2IcgvpNRI

duff duff bonk slap pop biff whap blat thump crack boof

I haven't paid much attention to the scene lately, how's Smuggles been doing? He found anyone he can put on shows of this level with? Because his videos were always just delights to watch.

It's with mentioning that he did all those Dudley combos on a stock 360 garbage pad with a ridiculous claw grip. The rest of us really have no excuse.

I mean, I prefer to not destroy my hands trying to play fightman games with the stock 360 pad, so there's that.

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »

I haven't paid much attention to the scene lately, how's Smuggles been doing? He found anyone he can put on shows of this level with? Because his videos were always just delights to watch.

It's with mentioning that he did all those Dudley combos on a stock 360 garbage pad with a ridiculous claw grip. The rest of us really have no excuse.

I mean, I prefer to not destroy my hands trying to play fightman games with the stock 360 pad, so there's that.

I wouldn't recommend it, but it's a good example of not letting obstacles stop you from wrecking house.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »

I wouldn't recommend it, but it's a good example of not letting obstacles stop you from wrecking house.

The exemplar here is Brolylegs, who can do better Chun combos with his face than I can with my hands.

iG3kv1d.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Apparently some Capcom folks have gotten out there to say "no we don't have MvC4 you lunatics"

As if they would admit it otherwise?

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    thats a great sign that they picked up Capcom Cup too

i need to get back into training mode and work on my CA cancels again. i was doing pretty good before vacation and i think i only hit one the entire night tonight, a real shame

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wow

was not expecting them to be patching in full graphics overhauls

https://www.eventhubs.com/images/2016/nov/28/capcom-cup-2016-bracket/

final bracket

hell of a lineup... nuckledu gauranteed top 8? who is going to beat him

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    CCL will not be able to make it, so that's no longer the final bracket

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    somehow put RB into the brackets

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    RB or Xyzzy

throw some chaos into this

hmm:

9bKf809.png

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/13749536/marvel-vs-capcom-4-news?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

WE MAHVEL BAYBEE
    Polygon wrote:
    Marvel and Capcom characters will duke it out in a new crossover fighting game coming to consoles next year. Multiple sources tell Polygon that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is currently in development and slated for release sometime in 2017.

Capcom will unveil Marvel vs. Capcom 4 this week alongside Sony’s PlayStation Experience event, we’ve been told, where the Capcom Cup 2016 Street Fighter 5 tournament will be held.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Quipman and Mrs. Quip vs DmC Dante and that guy from Dead Rising 3.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.

No Wolverine, no Dr. Doom, and no Sentinel, eh

6F32U1X.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...most of my favorite Marvel characters are X-Men...

But I know they originally didn't want X-Men in MvC3 cause of the same reason and Seth Killian basically had to beg them to include Wolvie, Storm, Sentinel and Mags.

I actually think the X-Men characters skipping this game is really exciting, because I never want to see another Sentinel match as long as I live

It really seems like the meta of that game was in a rut, at least as a viewer

This will shake it the hell up by not having a lot of the go-to top characters

6F32U1X.png
  • PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    I wonder if Mega Man gets snubbed again. Maybe give his slot to one of those cat things from Monster Hunter.

brig_banner.png
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I actually think the X-Men characters skipping this game is really exciting, because I never want to see another Sentinel match as long as I live

It really seems like the meta of that game was in a rut, at least as a viewer

This will shake it the hell up by not having a lot of the go-to top characters

I don't mind those characters, as a hopeless X-fan. As a player, I have had enough of those particular move sets, so they'd need radical redesigns.

If I so much as hear a single FOOT DIVE, I'm out.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/13749536/marvel-vs-capcom-4-news?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

WE MAHVEL BAYBEE
    Polygon wrote:
    Marvel and Capcom characters will duke it out in a new crossover fighting game coming to consoles next year. Multiple sources tell Polygon that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is currently in development and slated for release sometime in 2017.

Capcom will unveil Marvel vs. Capcom 4 this week alongside Sony’s PlayStation Experience event, we’ve been told, where the Capcom Cup 2016 Street Fighter 5 tournament will be held.

I think I'm most excited about a remastered MvC 1 or 2 at this point if they got the license back

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Wait, so it's real? Wow!

So who's looking forward to some of the following:

- Black Panther
    - Black Widow
    - Blackbolt
    - Star Lord
    - Groot
    - Drax
    - Gamora
    - Ronan the Accuser
    - Howard the Duck
    - Quake
    - Coulson???
    - Luke Cage
    - Jessica Jones
    - Daredevil
    - Loki
    - The Winter Soldier
    - ULTRON
    - Quicksilver
    - Scarlet Witch
    - Spider-Gwen
    - Gwenpool
    - Kamala Kahn
    - Captain Marvel
    - Agent Venom

• KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    let's get ready!!

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    ..... wait, what are the odds that Polygon's sources are actually just the very rumors circling around the hype whirlpool that is the NeoGAF MvC4 rumor thread?

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I can't wait to buy the game, play it for one evening, and then remember why I only played MvC3 for one evening.

..... wait, what are the odds that Polygon's sources are actually just the very rumors circling around the hype whirlpool that is the NeoGAF MvC4 rumor thread?

well, that would require that Polygon would just build a story based on nothing but hearsay so that they could farm a few hundred thousand clicks and hope everyone forgets when they turn out to be dead wrong

so: quite high really

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The entire series started as X-Men vs Street Fighter.

I like the X-Men. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    not cool

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    paused the video at 14 seconds to get this prediction in based on the first company logo not being bandai-namco: pachislot machine

hahaha I paused it literally the very moment before it revealed the pachislot machine

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Is the MVC4 rumor the same one that says it'd be 2v2 (+1 assist) instead of 3v3, or was that something else?

• RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    thats a great sign that they picked up Capcom Cup too

i need to get back into training mode and work on my CA cancels again. i was doing pretty good before vacation and i think i only hit one the entire night tonight, a real shame
    The entire series started as X-Men vs Street Fighter.

I like the X-Men. :(

Disney doesn't like the X-Men... probably because they can't make x-men movies.

When someone posted that ESPN bit I almost made the joke that if they could get capcom cup on a Disney channel they should be able to negotiate MVC 4.... then like a day later I super regretted not making that joke cuz aparently if disney can get capcom cup on ESPN they *can* make MVC4......

Also.... Please put Moon Girl + Devil Dinosaur in this game as one character. I want to play a giant red dinosaur.

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    RawrBear wrote: »
    Also.... Please put Moon Girl + Devil Dinosaur in this game as one character. I want to play a giant red dinosaur.

Let me tell you about The King of Fighters XIV...

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Let me tell you about Primal Rage...

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Let me tell you about Primal Rage...

An industry leader in fartalities

Grape Ape on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I kind of hope they don't focus purely on the cinematic universe just because a lot of their powers kind of run together and there are a lot of interesting comic only characters.

The Lego game that was supposed to be just about the MCU also included like, Kamala Khan, Sam Wilson Cap, and Kate Bishop, so it's not out of the question

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.