As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy XV] Who needs armor when you've got Gladiolus' abs?

StiltsStilts Registered User regular
edited December 2016 in Social Entropy++
u7Clfut.jpg

After far too many years, the game formerly known as Versus 13 has been released. Plenty of reviews are giving it pretty decent scores, but you wanna know the only thing that really matters?

Who is the hottest boy?

(The answer is Prompto)

IKknkhU.gif
Stilts on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh my god cidney's whole design is fucking garbage

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Wait who's the 5th boy there

Is that Joey Fatone

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see how the conversation around this game shapes up in the next couple of months

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Gladiolus is my

Wait that doesn't work

I am Gladiolus' waifu

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I keep being marginally interested in this for some reason
    I played one of the demos, and it was an awful demo because it in no way determined if I'd actually like the full game or not

And so I'm hearing a lot about how good this is, but also I don't know those reviewers' general attitude or taste, and also there is my long standing policy of Fuck JRPGs In General and Final Fantasy in Particular

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I keep being marginally interested in this for some reason
    I played one of the demos, and it was an awful demo because it in no way determined if I'd actually like the full game or not

And so I'm hearing a lot about how good this is, but also I don't know those reviewers' general attitude or taste, and also there is my long standing policy of Fuck JRPGs In General and Final Fantasy in Particular

If you get a Japanese PSN account, which is free to make, you can try the last demo, which is just the first 90 minutes of the game

if that's too big of a pain the game is also in Redbox

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    watching a friend of mine stream this and i'm like

okay yeah i should probably get this huh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Going through the tutorials at the start since I completely ignored all the demos; this combat system seems pretty fun.

Although, and I hate to be this guy, the graphics don't look nearly as good as I was expecting. Maybe they just didn't give a shit about nice textures on the tutorial area, or I'm just too used to DS3 on the pc, but everything looks super bland and low res.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    all these twangy accents in a FF game is kinda weirding me out

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99GyJZ3EjXQ

give me the game in the first half of the trailer instead of the game in the second half, just sayin'

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    why do i feel compelled to try this

i've never liked any final fantasy game

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    why do i feel compelled to try this

i've never liked any final fantasy game

because marketing is doing its job, mind slave

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    But the world is ever changing, for the fifteenth coming

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    and now there's a brooklyn accented anime character

what is this, yugioh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I take back what I said about the graphics; this game is fucking gorgeous once you hit the overworld.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Finally got this patched up and installed and now I'm too sleepy to play it

pretty menu, at least

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I take back what I said about the graphics; this game is fucking gorgeous once you hit the overworld.

They gave a talk at Siggraph earlier this year about the engine tech, and it was super clear that they focused on tools to make the open environments beautiful. Not sure how interior spaces compare!

I wish I had a ps4 to play this. First console game that's interested me in a long while.

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    This and the new Kingdom Hearts games might just push me to a PS4.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    This game rules

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Amazon said my shipping got delayed. Now arriving by 8 pm.

I'd be sadder but that's probably around when I'll be getting home from work anyway and I'll be to tired to play anyway. Probably throw it in to install and patch and then pass the fuck out.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I've put in nearly three hours now and I am so incredibly happy with every aspect of this game

I'm so glad it turned out well

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My copy apparently finally shipped late last night, being delivered by Amazon Logistics so I hope they don't fuck it up

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    The game unlocked the same time as I started work.

This shift has been pretty awful let me say.

Probably going to just play till I pass out once I get home.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I should have taken the day off.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Why did i start this? I have to leave for work in 20 minutes.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    and now there's a brooklyn accented anime character

what is this, yugioh

some one has forgotten sailor moon

molly you were a monster

• Options
    I'm just working my way through the tutorial and I AM LOVING the combat in this.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    austin sold me one this game but ahhhh theres too many gamesssss

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    *pushes up nonexistent glasses*

Excuse me, but none of the boys are wearing skinny jeans.

This thread title is butts.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

Him mentioning that removing your jacket increases you attack speed is a REALLY good little detail.

Cause yeah, jackets are bulky.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I only fight naked for maximum freedom of movement

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

Him mentioning that removing your jacket increases you attack speed is a REALLY good little detail.

Cause yeah, jackets are bulky.

but I wanna look cool

also, Cindy's design aside, this game seems REALLY good so far

• Options
    I'm really into what I've played so far

but maaaaaaaan my kingdom for a nice and smooth PC version

That's mostly why I'm just renting it and not buying it, when it comes out on PC I will buy it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I'm loving hearing the waypoint folks talk jurps because their experience is mirroring mine a lot.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

I'm loving hearing the waypoint folks talk jurps because their experience is mirroring mine a lot.

Can someone point me to the episode/time where this is discussed?

I am pretty much in but hearing austin talk about it would help me out for sure

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I'm going to sit at work and think about playing this all damn day and probably shaking my fist angrily at everyone who is playing it while I'm at work.

• Options
    The in-game menu music is all the way my jam

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm going to sit at work and think about playing this all damn day and probably shaking my fist angrily at everyone who is playing it while I'm at work.

I'm dying.

I picked up the guide too so I was flipping through that before bed last night.

Now I'm sitting in work and I have stuff to do tonight (but at least I'll get the patch installing and ready for my day off tomorrow)

IS IT TOMORROW MORNING YET?

This is some straight up kid on xmas eve shit right now.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Can someone point me to the episode/time where this is discussed?

I am pretty much in but hearing austin talk about it would help me out for sure

The new ep came out today (titled Austin Walker XV) and they start talkin ff15 and jurps about 9 mins in or so after a discussion of how "levels" may be defined by new actions you're taking in a game now instead of story beats or boss breakpoints.

• Options
    I don't have a day off until Saturday. And I have 3 kids and a wife.