As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Bought a new phone, a Lumia 950XL

I like it

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    hakkes are you thinking of going to law school or something

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I actually own one of Hugh Lauries music cds. Its pretty good.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I want a Google pixel for no reason at all

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Omg I want to play FFXV so badly

But if I do I'll have to stop my life, quit my job, lose my health insurance, never take a shower again

I already know it's not one of those games I can play casually

*cries quietly* I have never suffered greater injustice

Bb when ur a high powered litigator you can pay someone to play for you and give you nightly summaries

That's

That's not what I want

I...I will never have what I want

Brb walking directly into the sea

Bb when ur an underpaid housing lawyer for the poor you can force Beast to play for you and give you nightly summaries before you pass out too exhausted for sexy times

Wait

OKAY MESSAGE RECEIVED :cry:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

I don't fuckin know

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    The dogs now lay at my feet. Dinner will never come. Hope is lost, and they have given up, resigned to starve inconveniently below their uncaring master.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

I like it

Windows phone? Do you just hate having apps?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    there's nothing good to watch on netflix

boo

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I don't fuckin know

I am interested in hearing and/or talking with you about career change type stuff as I have spent a lot of life angsting over this topic

but I must go pick up my kids from daycare

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

boo
    big trouble in little china

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ladyroar painted my workplaces front window today

15241916_10208073949310392_4817191396931517137_n.jpg?oh=6d4031d008d9d4a0a2c64f2208b1eb35&oe=58F9FC4B

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    You know I've never done drugs, cause I was always afraid I'd see weird stuff.

My love affair with John Diggle continues.

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    The dogs now lay at my feet. Dinner will never come. Hope is lost, and they have given up, resigned to starve inconveniently below their uncaring master.

Is it like 10 minutes past dinner?

boo

Watch the big short

It will make you sad and mad

You will get to see a lil exposure of Margot Robbie

boo

Someone forgot about Blade 2.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I was biking home

Come on, Geth

navgoose wrote: »

No. It is just now dinner time.

I don't fuckin know

I am interested in hearing and/or talking with you about career change type stuff as I have spent a lot of life angsting over this topic

but I must go pick up my kids from daycare

We can chat later

Btw I'm comin back to PNW for Christmas this year again (shorter trip though, and no weekend :( ) but will be in Portland at some point. Though I know you are far away now

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

I like it

Windows phone? Do you just hate having apps?

I mean I still own my Nexus 6

If I need an app super bad for some reason, I can put it on my old phone and use wifi

but there wasn't really any compelling, everyday use apps beyond some games that I really cared about

and a Windows Phone interacts better with my Microsoft Band and has superior Cortana integration

and the UI is better, I genuinely hate conventional phone UIs

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Pirate Radio: Radio Hauraki's original ship, the Tiri.
    SCCZEN_A_H_1209NZHTIRI2A_620x310.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    oh hell yes

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I want a Google pixel for no reason at all

Have you looked at the OnePlus 3T?

That will probably be my next phone.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Halp I can't find my 3ds. It is lost in a sea of boxes.

I wonder what professional organizers cost...
    *google search*

For that I might as well just buy a new 3ds.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Halp I can't find my 3ds. It is lost in a sea of boxes.

I wonder what professional organizers cost...
    *google search*

For that I might as well just buy a new 3ds.
    Throwing everything into a big pile has always served me well... except for every day, when I can't find something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

boo

Watch the big short

It will make you sad and mad

You will get to see a lil exposure of Margot Robbie

I see.

.. I see.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    To avoid getting shut down for not having a braodcasting license, they braodcast from international waters.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Their hunger sated, the beasts retire to the couch to doze and digest. The famine has ended.

navgoose wrote: »

No. It is just now dinner time.

Our dog, as much as she is food centric, has nothing on the cats if they feel food is late.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @eddy I just did the dancing challenges in Marrakesh

I'm having some Real Thoughts about the notion of lore and canonicity in vidja I tell you h'what

Pirate radio, the original podcasters

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    *tries his damndedst to not vibrate leg*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364

Cocaine or adderall?

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    in native american cultures, pirate radio is called "maize"

Is that code for holding a fart?

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Yes. Okay new [chat] and that means I can write up about BvS:Dawn of Dumb.

Because dear god is it full of the dumb. I will put it in spoilers for those who I guess don't want the dumb spoiled.

So this movie tried to pull in like 20 story lines. And not one was really coherent. Of course there is the blatant death of Superman. Which is about as potent as non-alcoholic beer because Supes in this world is a distant boring character missing all the charm and history that made the 1990 death of Superman a thing. There was a feeling of loss though we all knew no one stays dead in comics. Snyder's odd obsession with 90's comics seems to miss why some were good and try to pull only the terrible in.

Then there were scene for scene shots of Dark Knight Returns. Why? Snyder wanted to make that movie. You have an older Batman. You have a stupid fight though DKR makes way more sense. Hell even had some of the same weapons and pretty much the Battank and the nuking of Supes. But it made very little sense.

And then even beyond that you have the stupid of Eisenberg's Lex. He had no heart or soul. He seemed like he was trying to be the Joker. Lex wants to show man can defeat god. Not whatever that was.

Oh and of course let us not forget Darkseid is. Because that was a huge premise of this entire movie. Its setting up Apokolips and Darkseid. But seriously Luthor had no genius. No spark. He was not a self made man. He got it from Daddy.

On top of all that the story was just dumb. The pacing was slower than glacier. I just kind of stopped caring in the first 30 minutes. Snyder has no idea how to do a JLU or Superman movie. Hell not sure he gets Batman anymore.

So lets go with the few bright spots.

Affleck is a good Batman. His the Boston Batman. Kind of rough around the edges but at least it showed that he did detective work to figure shit out. He was a good fighter. And won on brains a lot not just brawn. I think Affleck if he gets a lot of control can make this a worthwhile version and do good things with it. Even in the Snyderverse.

Gal Gadot is a goddess. I knew she was gorgeous but that smile she gives in the fight. I flushed. Dear lord is she everything Wonder Woman should be physically in a fight and looks. She looks like a demigod. I will pass judgement on her character after her movie. She says like 10 lines this film.

The peaks at the rest of JLU were uh unneeded. And seemed stapled on to show hey, "Don't forget these dudes for the next movie!"

Marvel may be formulaic at times. And I might of found Ultron fun but kind of boring at times. But BvS is just bad. DC and the last few movies feel as if they have forgotten their own niche in comics. They aren't the grimdark. They aren't the world is dark and full of terrors comic. They are demigods. They are heroes who rise above every time. They don't write heroes they write aspects of good verse aspects of evil. And this movie translates none of that. I will admit I grew up with the DCAU. But to me Supes is the boy scout. WW is sassy, smart, independent and powerful. Batman isn't brooding so much as calculating. But he cares. Bruce is as important as him beating up criminals. I see none of that life in these movies.

@Jacobkosh @Thomamelas @Elldren @Atomika

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    [chat] is a flat circle.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.