As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Latest Post Going to Last Post

Not 100% of the time, so I can't detail it more than that, but when I click on a thread with unread messages it takes me to the last post on the page I haven't read rather than the last unread post. Makes it hard to follow conversations.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It seems to be that when you open a thread, it's marking all posts in the thread as having been read, rather than just the posts on the page that you opened.

So like, if you click into a thread with 100 new posts, read a page of those posts, and then click away to somewhere else, rather than it changing to a thread with sixty new posts it will change to one with zero.

Or maybe this is a different issue that I'm experiencing.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Is this recent? Please give browser OS etc

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Is this recent? Please give browser OS etc

Windows, Firefox, started a few days ago, maybe when the snow overlay was added?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    It seems to be that when you open a thread, it's marking all posts in the thread as having been read, rather than just the posts on the page that you opened.

So like, if you click into a thread with 100 new posts, read a page of those posts, and then click away to somewhere else, rather than it changing to a thread with sixty new posts it will change to one with zero.

Or maybe this is a different issue that I'm experiencing.

This has not been happening to me. Windows, Chrome, and "go to last unread post" seems to have the same behavior it has had.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not able to reproduce it anymore. It's weird, it happened with every thread I was catching up on this morning.

• T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    This has been happening to me on and off within the last 24 hours (?). Firefox, Windows 10

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I'm having it as well, Windows 10, Firefox as well.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    It's been happening to me as well for the last couple of days; Windows 7, Firefox.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Also to me in the last half hour or so, windows 7, IE11

Clearly the problem is you all should be using Chrome. :P

Steam profile
    Update: getting worse, as now it will go the last page even if there are unread posts on the previous page.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I have not been experiencing this at all, on firefox/windows 10

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I think its a bug with bookmarks. If I go to a thread through the bookmark link then it goes to the last post of the thread. if I click on a thread from the board page then it goes to the last unread post.

Bedlam wrote: »
    I think its a bug with bookmarks. If I go to a thread through the bookmark link then it goes to the last post of the thread. if I click on a thread from the board page then it goes to the last unread post.

Tested this and can confirm.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Same issue, bookmark link, Firefox, Windows 10

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    The bookmark link is also an issue with IE 11 on Windows 7. (don't say "switch to Chrome," this is my work comp and we're not allowed to run it)

I browse 95% of my time via Bookmarks, it takes me correctly to the latest post (not last). This is on Chrome on Windows 10, and Chrome on iOS. So does still seem to be working fine on Chrome.

Steam profile
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I just noticed this as well in the past few days.

Windows 10/Edge browser

Edit: Just confirmed the bookmarked link vs. wider forum link thing too.

Steelhawk on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I've been having a variation of the issue on Firefox, it's taking me to the top of the page on the last page I visited rather than the latest post when I go through bookmarks.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    I've been having a variation of the issue on Firefox, it's taking me to the top of the page on the last page I visited rather than the latest post when I go through bookmarks.

I have also been having this issue, but with Chrome. Seems to happen about 1/3 of the time.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Happening here as well, Windows 10, Firefox, bookmark link. Every time.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Similar thing was happening to me for several months but with slightly different behaviour. Page would always settle on a post about 6-7 posts after the one I last read. Chrome, iOS, iPhone 6+

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    edited December 2016
    It's working at the moment for me again. And the holiday snow frame thingy is gone. Hm.

EDIT: Not anymore. It was a beautiful moment.

enlightenedbum on
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Chiming in with a report of this bug. Following book mark links takes me to either the top or bottom of the most recent page at random. Never the most recent post.

Firefox, Win10. Firefox, Linux Mint.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Similar thing was happening to me for several months but with slightly different behaviour. Page would always settle on a post about 6-7 posts after the one I last read. Chrome, iOS, iPhone 6+

This particular issue is usually caused by the page reflowing after it loads large images/youtube/twitter embeds.

As far as the last post/top post issue, I've only experienced infrequently. So far, only when I click the link on the bookmark popup bar instead of the all bookmarks page. Top post has only happened when i clicked on a new posts link for the thread I'm already on.

steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    @enlightenedbum
    @HexDex

Do either of you guys use NoScript or similar?

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Nah, I stopped using no script ages ago.

I do use uBlock Origin. I think it does have some script jack protections? So maybe it's similar?

*edit* Disabled uBlock, same behavior.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Chiming in that this has also been happening to me for several months pretty consistently. If there are new messages spanning more than one page, it will 100% of the time take me to the latest message rather than oldest unread. It's a bit of a coin toss when the messages are on a single page, as sometimes it takes me to the right place, but most times simply dumps me at the bottom of the page. This is all through bookmarks.

Originally I was using Chrome, but I've switched to Waterfox and the same happens. Windows 10.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah this is happening with practically every thread now. It'll go back maybe 4-6 posts, even if I use a direct quote link it still happens. It even happens with incognito mode, so it's not related to an addon/extension as far as I can see.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah this is happening with practically every thread now. It'll go back maybe 4-6 posts, even if I use a direct quote link it still happens. It even happens with incognito mode, so it's not related to an addon/extension as far as I can see.

that sounds like
    Spaffy wrote: »

This particular issue is usually caused by the page reflowing after it loads large images/youtube/twitter embeds.

As far as the last post/top post issue, I've only experienced infrequently. So far, only when I click the link on the bookmark popup bar instead of the all bookmarks page. Top post has only happened when i clicked on a new posts link for the thread I'm already on.

rather than the problem of threads putting you on the last created post rather than the first post made since you last loaded the thread

BahamutZERO.gif
    that is definitely not the case for me

I can post to a thread and it'll immediately bring me up practically to the same post I loaded in at.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    This is still happening for me even with Scroll Anchoring enabled in Chrome.

SeñorAmor on
    hmm I thought I had that enabled but I guess not

now it's not as bad anymore