As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forum User Pictures Not Showing

Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho HoDisconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
Am I the only person for whom User Pictures aren't loading up? They didn't a few days ago, then they mostly did yesterday, and today they mostly don't. I was running an old Firefox (33.x) and upgraded recently to 50.0 for different reasons and that made no difference. Browser cache is set to delete when I close the browser (which hasn't made a difference, obviously). Does the forum use flash for some reason? Latest version for that, too. I have Windows 7 64-bit.

If it's not the forums, any clues why it might be my system? Pictures appear fine on my android phone .

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    They're working fine for me. Do any other browsers on your computer have the same issue?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I'll check whatever my IE is when I get home.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Are you talking about profile pics? Avatars?

Or stuff that people upload in posts?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Profile pics, I guess. The picture that shows 'you' as Iron Man. I can see it now on my phone but likely not on my PC. I can see inlined images and any signatures, but no profile pics, including my own.

I can see some, but maybe those are pics not uploaded to the PA servers?

I just switched my phone from Mobile to Full and saw them. I'll try that from home, too.

• Options
    Well, I can't force mobile on Firefox and I'm not going to hunt for an add-on just to check. But I opened the forums via IE and the pics showed up fine.

So, on a lark, I disabled AdFender and lo and behold, the pics are there. I did update that Sunday, but it didn't do that before and the forums worked mostly okay at least once since. I've tried adding the site to the filter list, but it won't take.

Don't know why Firefox won't work with it but IE will, but there it is. I guess you can close this as 'solved' unless there's anything on your end that can be tweaked. Otherwise, I suppose I complain to AdFender for fucking up.

Thanks.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    A change is coming that should fix this for you as a side effect.

• Options
    Cool, thanks!

• Options
    I can see them now, so I guess that did it.

But did somebody lose a bet to force the use of this colour scheme?

This discussion has been closed.