As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is the Australia Thread. ytrap tsinummoc eht nioj

• CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    Cyvros wrote: »

Instagram. Just look up whatever tags float your boat. Watches, logos, endless photos of the same bloody iPhone from 47 different angles...

But seriously, there's some cool design and visual stuff there.

Also I find it way easier to avoid racism/bigotry/sexism/transphobia/homophobia/god-knows-what-else on IG than any other social media site (except the forums if you count them as social media).

Not quite the same unfortunately. I use reddit for access to a bunch of articles on wonky topics that interest me. IG is a great vehicle for certain things (cat videos) but it doesn't scratch this particular itch.

Perhaps if I just treat reddit like YouTube and religiously avoid the comments section...

See, that's why you've gotta burn out the parts of your head that are interested in wonky topics. Simple.

• KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    I can't argue with that logic.

Not after burning out parts of my frontal lobe, anyway.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Yo my fellow gleaming chunks of precious Perthite, the Pride Parade is this Saturday in Northbridge. Come along if you're looking for something positive to do after... all that stuff that happened.

Hey what time does it start?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »
    Yo my fellow gleaming chunks of precious Perthite, the Pride Parade is this Saturday in Northbridge. Come along if you're looking for something positive to do after... all that stuff that happened.

Hey what time does it start?

Hmm, the pridewa website could use some work. Start time and place is the most important thing guys! Don't bury the lede!

There's a PDF here. The parade actually begins moving at 8pm on the corner of William and James, but I'm going to try to arrive early to help the Greens assemble their float. I know other people may want to march with other contingents though.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    the Greens start assembling @ Rachel Siewert's office @ 4pm, 150 brisbane st northbridge.

I won't be there but they sent me an email about it today.

edit: https://contact-wa.greens.org.au/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1874

Dhalphir on
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    So uh, do you guys who came on that wine tour in Margaret River remember that particular place The Grove that had that old school relic of 'un pc' thought running the place who took specific pleasure in offending as many people as fast as possible in as horrible a manner as he could?

Guess who went to a Gin Festival in Melbourne today to end up seeing an exhibitor booth selling liqueurs, which was what a coincidence from Margaret River, and then looked up to lock eyes face to face with that particular fellow again?

Me, that's who.

It was a little unexpected.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Unawesome.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Leave a complaint at the Gin festival!

Hmm I wouldn't really be sure what to say, given nothing occured at the festival itself to my knowledge.

Say he was glaring at minorities.

@Kincaid I can't believe you were in an episode of Hey Arthur and never told me!

Matt_Damon.png

wtf

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That is not nick, it's Matt Damon.

Um, I'm pretty sure it's Nick. I mean, who's famous, Nick or Matt?

I'm with Blake on this one.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Has anyone ever seen Nick and Matt Damon in the same room together?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Hey, any comparisons to the muppet version of Matt Damon are a welcome reprieve from the neck jokes.

• AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    Hey, any comparisons to the muppet version of Matt Damon are a welcome reprieve from the neck jokes.

Speaking of which, do you tie your necktie at the top of your neck, or at the bottom?

<3

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    First Greens meeting this coming Monday for the local group. Not sure what to expect. Hopefully they have a sense of purpose rather than just being a relatively unnecessary discussion where we go around in a circle telling each other how right we are about everything like some political groups can be.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    The senate enquiry into the government's bargaining framework has released its report today:
    Seige of attrition

Hopefully we'll be able to break this wage freeze soon.

I saw the first virtual reality arcade today. Optimus gaming in Balcatta. I love VR and I'm an early adopter so I went right in there to have a chat to them, they have a pretty great set up there. Going to try to talk my work into having the Christmas party there this year.

If you're interested in VR but don't want to commit a whole bunch of money to getting one of the PC headsets, I reckon going down to try them out would be a pretty good way to see if it's for you.

http://optimusgaming.com.au

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Holy crap

Australian students recreate Martin Shkreli price-hike drug in school lab
    A group of Australian high school students have managed to recreate a life-saving drug that rose from US$13.50 to US$750 a tablet overnight after an unscrupulous price-hike by former hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli.

The Sydney Grammar students reproduced the drug, Daraprim, used to treat a rare but deadly parasitic infection, in their high school laboratory with support from the University of Sydney and global members of the Open Source Malaria consortium.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    So how does the Australia thread eat a meat pie? I got my partner and I a nice pie each from the local bakery and where as I like a civilized human ate it as it. My partner, inhuman monster takes the top off, eats it, gets a spoon then eats the innards with a spoon with copious amounts of tomarter sauce then eats the rest of the pastry. Madness!!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    The top is the best part.

Save it for last.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    eating a pie with a spoon does sound kinda weird to me, but that could depend on the pie

like if it's a small mobile one I'll just eat it like a sammich

if it's a big one on a plate I'll use a utensil (mostly for presentation's sake) but still go through the pie with every bite including the top and bottom and middle of it

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Top off, eating the innards and then eating the pastry is best.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Depends on the availability of cutlery.
    - Top off, sauce in, eat innards with a fork
    - Sauce on top, smash pie with cutlery eat pieces
    - Sauce on top, feed entire thing directly into the gaping hole in my face
    Are all perfectly respectable methods of eating a pie.

I prefer sausage rolls anyway.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I just don't eat meat pies.

for some reason I just can't get my head around them.

You don't have to eat it in one mouthful...

Cobalt60 wrote: »

Unless it's a party pie.

I've done top off, mix sauce through filling, slap top back on and then pick up and consume. Has the added benefit of cooling it down below scalding therms if it's a fresh one. If I'm out/about, it's chomp through in hand and add sauce as I go.

pimento wrote: »
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

Unless it's a party pie.

I've done top off, mix sauce through filling, slap top back on and then pick up and consume. Has the added benefit of cooling it down below scalding therms if it's a fresh one. If I'm out/about, it's chomp through in hand and add sauce as I go.

Oh yeah party pies go straight in, you deal with the temperature as an after thought.

I eat them holding them upside down.

I find the pie integrity is more likely to be better eating them like that.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    It's just not the same unless the last two bites are just molten pie insides

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
    Blake T wrote: »
    I eat them holding them upside down.

I find the pie integrity is more likely to be better eating them like that.

Depending on the pie, this can be a very important technique.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Just remember.

Always blow on your pie.

Safer Communities Together.

Somehow, I knew you'd be the one to finish it. <3

This discussion has been closed.