As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Flash]: New New Season

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    "So, how'd you get the name 'Heatwave'?"
    "I burned my family alive; I like to light things on fire."
    "Ah, that's a... colorful backstory."
    "Well, my shrink thinks so."

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    What would make ANY of this Flashpoint superangsting stuff a little more interesting is if it wasn't the "Shit on Barry 24/7" show for him to get mopey and bitchy about. All it would take is one character who has it better, especially if it was bringing someone pointless back to life, eg Wally's mom or Ronnie (but now powerless/not Firestorm). Right now, it's just comical the way they shitpile onto Barry for goddamned everything and all he does is go "Aw, shucks. I screwed up so bad and feel so bad," over and over and over again.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    What would make ANY of this Flashpoint superangsting stuff a little more interesting is if it wasn't the "Shit on Barry 24/7" show for him to get mopey and bitchy about. All it would take is one character who has it better, especially if it was bringing someone pointless back to life, eg Wally's mom or Ronnie (but now powerless/not Firestorm). Right now, it's just comical the way they shitpile onto Barry for goddamned everything and all he does is go "Aw, shucks. I screwed up so bad and feel so bad," over and over and over again.

It would also be great if Barry ever told anybody that it was Reverse Flash who "set everything back." Then it would make sense why so many things are different. Because he didn't really set everything back. He clearly went back and made things just different enough to continue life as sort of normal but different enough to fuck things up for the core cast.

camo_sig2.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Stein is kind of an idiot.

Yes.
    Meh, this checks out with people of a certain age (certainly older academics like Stein). Their first reaction isn't to rush to the Internet to verify something. Unless, of course, they just discovered Facebook, in which case... Erm...

Besides, if I've been off on adventures for a long time away from a beloved spouse, I think I would make it a priority to visit.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm slightly amused by the fact that Barry is probably now richer than Oliver (maybe? What's his financial situation now? I know he was supposed to be broke at some point, but it rarely came up).
    I felt for poor Dig. I would be crushed to find out that I once had a little daughter that now never existed. Oliver deserved that scorn for defending Barry. THIS is why Rip Hunter didn't choose Ollie as a Legend. He cannot be trusted with time travel.
    Dig's in more of a loss/gain situation. He's lost a daughter (who he never knew about), and 'gained' a son. And Stein's gained a daughter (though whether from flashpoint or some of the Legends time-malarkey is yet to be seen). Cisco's got the biggest reason to be pissed.
    And Sara's rant about her not taking all the opportunities to kill Darhk would have more weight if it weren't for all the times she tried to kill Darhk.
    I do think if Diggle thinks about it for a bit he will be okay. He will realize that he didn't ever have two children so couldn't keep both Sara and John, and he has two years of memories with his son that he doesn't want to give up or wish away. It's not exactly the same, but it's very close to asking a parent if they wish one of their children had been other than what they are, and the answer is, of course not. ( barring catastrophic genetic illness, I suppose?) Generally he is a pretty level headed guy too. Though less so recently.

I think Sara's speech does come from an honest place, even though she has been tempted or straight gone after Darhk more than once, especially because the last time she saw him she had a chance to kill him and chose not to.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    First off, Barry, did you just try and have an emo off with Oliver? You deserved that ass whupping you just got.

They remembered the whole future article thing, ya know their constant narrative framing device from season 1? Good job. Apparently when you get ALL the writers together they sometimes remember things.

This almost makes me want to watch Legends with most of them being sorta fun but then they delivered the worst news possible...no more Snart? Fuck it, Barry go get with the changing the timeline thing again. This will not stand.

Still find the whole "YOU CHANGED OUR LIVES!" thing bullshit. I sorta get Cisco because he is still in the process of mourning his brother but Diggle even registering it as a thing was weird. Like my brother could totally be my sister with a little different luck in conception but I'm not sitting here missing my quantum supposition of a sister that I in no way know or care about. Just blech.

Oh also, it's good that Wally managed to ditch his incredible stupidity. It is a shame he's apparently passed it on to Iris and a little to Joe. Again, "I'm concerned about your safety" is just nowhere near this "No, don't save our brother, my one true love, because maybe you'll be hurt and have to use your super duper ultra healing factor for a bit."

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yeah the amount of dumb that they transferred into Iris and to a lesser extent Joe was infuriating.

Like what part of Aliens are taking over the Earth do you not get? Being safe for another day to be enslaved by an intergalactic threat sounds like a bad time!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I feel bad, but I want Barry to fix the timeline for realsies so that Cisco can go back to being fun. I miss fun Cisco.

camo_sig2.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It's WALLY. Yes, he should be out there but only because it's do or die almost, but he's just as likely to kill them all so saving him as backup is the best plan.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Fun Cisco is the best Cisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cizWE1cBqqs

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah thread title is accurate, and jesus its overbearing.

I mean when Oliver is the voice of reason...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    And it seems Barry just forgot Reverse Flash did it, not him. He enabled it, but they've all had timey wimey adventures without this shit.

• KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I think I figured out why Barry is always being stupid in fights: He just has a very short attention span, and when he goes fast, everything else just goes soooooo suuuuuuuper slooooooooow for him that he gets bored.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Man, I hope that at some point they repair the timeline and somehow Barry is back with Patty.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    I think I figured out why Barry is always being stupid in fights: He just has a very short attention span, and when he goes fast, everything else just goes soooooo suuuuuuuper slooooooooow for him that he gets bored.

He basically has the supervillain critical flaw of wanting to monologue to his victims before killing them.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Oliver works as the voice of reasons on shows that aren't his own.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    And it seems Barry just forgot Reverse Flash did it, not him. He enabled it, but they've all had timey wimey adventures without this shit.
    Barry hasn't said the truth probably because he feels he deserves their hate regardless.

I mean, it's the CW, so that's probably what the real explanation will be.

sig.gif

He's the voice of reason on arrow.

"The reason we are doing this..."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I did kind of like supergirl being all "how did you change our lives barry"

"Well Kara, you used to be on a different network and you're prolly not going to see much of Cat Grant anymore..."

are YOU on the beer list?
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

"...Is because I said so. Now, do it or I'll shoot you with an arrow."

I just can't stand wally which makes me sad they paired him with the shining light that is HR, and Mopesco is also pretty awful. And I have no fucking clue why frost powers turns Caitlin in to killer frost did she get her powers by alchemy and isn't telling anyone?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

"...Is because I said so. Now, do it or I'll shoot you with an arrow."

And then he shoots them with an arrow anyway.

steam_sig.png
    Yep, yep, and yep in the sense that makes more sense than anything else.

Honestly Oliver is truly the batman of the arroverse. And unlike Batman he's not all "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!!"

Though I honestly think Oliver reminded everyone of his dead parents because of the arrow episode where they weren't dead.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Barry needs to figure out that he could go back in time 3 months and use his superspeed to save Cisco's brother right before he dies and they time jump him forward to the present harmlessly.

Or get the legends to help him do it safely.

I was a little perturbed the cast of Legends is chasitising anyone about Time travel considering when I tapped out in season 1 they had fucked up literally every mission.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I was a little perturbed the cast of Legends is chasitising anyone about Time travel considering when I tapped out in season 1 they had fucked up literally every mission.

Don't worry, they're professional time fucker uppers.
    Barry needs to figure out that he could go back in time 3 months and use his superspeed to save Cisco's brother right before he dies and they time jump him forward to the present harmlessly.

Or get the legends to help him do it safely.

Only if Barry can incessantly make snide comments about how some people's families are obviously worth altering other people's lives for but now please excuse me I have to go visit my mother's grave.

Do we even know when Dante died? Like if he died during Barry's two month holiday he might have been destined to die anyway.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Do we even know when Dante died? Like if he died during Barry's two month holiday he might have been destined to die anyway.

Earth-2 Dante was a meta so what are the chances he was actually one of the first of Alchemy's transformations in this timeline? Sorry, long way of saying he's not really dead.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

It had to be recently during Zoom at the very least.

I'm not liking this because Cisco and Barry already discussed this. It's rehasing a plot point so we can get Cisco acting like an asshole instead of the character we like

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Well, it's one thing to be mad at your friend for refusing to change the timeline to save your brother and quite another to find out your brother would still be alive if your friend hadn't acted like an ass and changed the timeline and then didn't completely fix it when he realized what a mistake it was.

Dante was a meta in the other timeline? I don't remember that...was he a villain?

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
    Well, it's one thing to be mad at your friend for refusing to change the timeline to save your brother and quite another to find out your brother would still be alive if your friend hadn't acted like an ass and changed the timeline and then didn't completely fix it when he realized what a mistake it was.

Dante was a meta in the other timeline? I don't remember that...was he a villain?

No he was a meta on earth 2, just like Caitlin was.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Honestly Oliver is truly the batman of the arroverse. And unlike Batman he's not all "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!!"

Though I honestly think Oliver reminded everyone of his dead parents because of the arrow episode where they weren't dead.

Arrow spoiler from last night
    When Oliver and his dad were held up at gunpoint last night before Diggle Arrow saved them, it all felt very much like the batman origin story.

• Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Wasn't Dante dead in the pre-fucked timeline anyway? Or am i confusing him with Dante-2 getting offed?

Mr Khan wrote: »
    Wasn't Dante dead in the pre-fucked timeline anyway? Or am i confusing him with Dante-2 getting offed?

Yeah, you're confusing Earth-2 Dante.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    It seems like Caitlyn and HR were completely underused this cross over.

It seems like Caitlyn and HR were completely underused this cross over.

Well, when you have so many characters over 4 shows it's understandable.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    And it fits how they use Caitlin which is to say not at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2016

Hey, she served as Flash branded backdrop and sounding board for that old white guy to have feelings and such.

So basically like every other Flash episode.

Edit: Wait, forgot she got cold and evil there for a bit. 51 out of 54.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Hey, she served as Flash branded backdrop and sounding board for that old white guy to have feelings and such.

So basically like every other Flash episode.

Caitlin got drunk once and hit on Barry. Good times.