As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [Chat] of Fry and Laurie

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    that's a bummer, it seems like gopro makes neat cameras

and all their direct competitors look like garbage knockoffs

They bet the farm on their autonomous camera drone thing and it's been a disaster. That's the product they've had to recall.

Plus there are better, cheaper alternatives on the market from companies that make serious camera platform equipment for film and TV, who are making consumer grade versions of their products.

Part of the trouble they're having is that they made a lot of money selling cameras to drone makers, who are now making/speccing their own cameras instead. That and for a lot of their target market, getting a Chinese no-brand camera that is almost as good, but cheap enough to be effectively disposable, is a better value proposition.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Man, semi-autonomous camera drones would make for an awesome security system.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Wow I just did the zipper on my pants and... it just disintegrated? Like a ton of the metal teeth just all falling off across the floor.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Wow I just did the zipper on my pants and... it just disintegrated? Like a ton of the metal teeth just all falling off across the floor.

Humble brag

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    ugh got real tired all of a sudden

butts butts butts

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Good night chat

I'm going home now

Have a good day

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    edited December 2016
    Trace wrote: »
    Man, semi-autonomous camera drones would make for an awesome security system.

The one that's murdering gopro is the DJI Mavic Pro.

Automatic collision avoidance in controlled flight, auto land, point-at (keep the camera pointed at a tracker while in controlled flight) mode, follow-me (autonomously follow and keep the camera pointed at a tracker) mode, stream live video to a smartphone, etc.

It's cheaper than the gopro, capable of higher speed (40mph) and the gopro doesn't have as advanced autonomous operation features (in particular, no follow-me mode).

japan on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hello Andromedans.

Organichu wrote: »
    i mostly got accepted here by letting everyone have sex with my empty, soulless husk of a physical body

I'm still not accepted here. I'm just uncomfortably tolerated, like that half gallon of rotten milk in the fridge that everyone is too scared to throw away.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    meth is a hell of a drug

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hello Andromedans.

ecad679d658db7645d1b2cd3e3c7addc-650-80.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Also the new Prey looks real cool very Bioshock in Space

link to 9min video

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/prey.aspx

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    EnrBfti.gif

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    EnrBfti.gif

same

EnrBfti.gif

I have the weirdest boner

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    HKLcy0O.gif

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    saimon

im_color_dither_16_ezgif.com-ccebc616ea.gif

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    HKLcy0O.gif

I like this picture. It reminds me of my cat, slowly biting into something, ready to enjoy it to its fullest.
    Only to go "nope. No. Nooo."

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Some bureaucrats have been asking me the same questions for like three years.

"I don't know what that means."

"I still don't know what that means."

"pls"

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Pizza

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

"pls"

if you secretly know what it means but it is in your best interest to feign ignorance take a sip of water

I can't talk with people. It feels like playing Omikron.

"I don't understand."

"What?"

"There's no need to do that."

"I don't know what to do with this."

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I haven't unlocked a recipe for pizza in FFXV yet, but I will not stop until I do. I will pull over off the side of the road and murder every shape of wildlife I see until one of them drops pepperoni and Ignis has his ultimate eureka moment.

Apothe0sis wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »

"pls"

if you secretly know what it means but it is in your best interest to feign ignorance take a sip of water

Well, I could start feigning ignorance if they ever got back to me with the information they were going to look up last year.

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I'm getting a severe case of the scooty frooties watching these compilation videos demonstrating mid-flight failure of GoPro toys.

...What ever happened to that proposed drone you could just toss into the air nonchalantly and have it take flight / follow you around while you white water rafted or whatever?

With Love and Courage
    The Ender wrote: »
    I'm getting a severe case of the scooty frooties watching these compilation videos demonstrating mid-flight failure of GoPro toys.

...What ever happened to that proposed drone you could just toss into the air nonchalantly and have it take flight / follow you around while you white water rafted or whatever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbtkpYIbuCw

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Every day is a horror

poo
    The best way to solve a flight-problem is to crash confidently.

0PkE7eO.gif

The Ender wrote: »

DJI Mavic Pro does this, it's about £1000 (with camera)
    Also the Staaker drone, which is available for preorder and is probably the one you're thinking of

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have successfully procured the primary part of my Secret Santa deployment.

Going with a more focused approach this year. Hope it goes down well!

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Got woken up too early, not sure if I should try to go back to sleep, lay down and listen to podcasts, or play final fantasy.

Such a cruel world.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    I assume cause im just about finished at work and logging off the forums now Im going to get picked for the next chat thread so booo urns.

On a side note @OnTheLastCastle I finished Morning Star tonight GODDAMN what a FANTASTIC series of books.

I read some stuff online

It was weird

Did you know there is an MRA who hates atheism called Dean Esmay?

I do now.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I read some stuff online

It was weird

I do now.

I don't think I need to know much more than that

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    I read some stuff online

It was weird

I do now.

He is also against libertarianism!

• rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Is there a bone drone yet?

Just throw it in the bedroom while your going at it and it films.

This discussion has been closed.