As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Nominative Determinism

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Nominative Determinism

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    agmikkelsenagmikkelsen Registered User new member
    You been playing Shadow of Mordor lately?

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I wonder if Talion ever been mistaken for someone else and dragged to a children's birthday party? Just picture him surrounded by small children wearing cardboard birthday hats.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The difference between a hobby and a Calling.

• Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    You know, the nemesis system is truly great. I thought for sure we'd see it copied in an open-world crime game by now, or maybe the thugs in an Arkham game, but so far nothing.

Indoorsman on
  • Options
    prime_pmprime_pm Registered User regular
    I know, right? Shadow of Mordor was the true next-gen game to come out solely because of the Nemesis system. Why no one has been willing to emulate its creation since then is beyond me. Instead we got like fifty Telltale stories...

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It's like Cordana Felsong in WoW. We should have known she was working for the Legion. She had fel right there in the name.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    I got stuck on that one near the end, I'd managed to create a warlord who was basically immune to everything, (Fire, Combos, Archery, Stealth.) and he could call reinforcements as well >.<

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Loved the Nemesis system, never finished the game just kept burning myself out on it killing named orcs.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    RunningmanRunningman Registered User regular
    EVEN THOUGH HE IS UNRECOGNIZABLE, STILL YOU MUST KNOW WHO HE IS

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is there something oddly dignified looking about the expressions and facial bone structure of the two orcs in the third panel? Like, if Mike wanted to draw two haughty aristocrats he could totally trace them and then just draw the appropriate costumes from the neck down. Maybe a top hat for the one on the right, a monocle for the one on the left.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    prime_pm wrote: »
    I know, right? Shadow of Mordor was the true next-gen game to come out solely because of the Nemesis system. Why no one has been willing to emulate its creation since then is beyond me. Instead we got like fifty Telltale stories...

Telltale will remember that.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    Mordor was def the best game the year it came out and I suspect it will be the best game of this decade.

I introduce it to everyone I can and pretty much everyone who sees it says "that is fucking awesome!"

• Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    Did Shadow of Mordor 2 get greenlit or something?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Trygyl wrote: »
    Did Shadow of Mordor 2 get greenlit or something?

In the newspost, it says they were playing it again to tell how much a game they were familiar with was improved by the PS4 Pro.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That and it was a big hit when we put it on the stream so won repeat performances

• Options
    FatalthebaptistFatalthebaptist Ruz of the Red Gloom Registered User new member
    I am wondering if we could write little fleshed out bio descriptions of the Orcs generated in our games of Shadow of Mordor? Where would we put that, is it considered fan fic?

• Options
    gekkobeargekkobear Registered User regular
    My favorite of all the captains are "the Mad".

BUTTONS! STICKY GLUE!

The worms are in my head and they wiggle.
    Wiggle-wiggle-wiggle.

I may have lost it when I first saw... who am I kidding.
    I still lose it for that last line every damned time.