As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hamilton] is now on Disney+

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Just started.

Edit: Oh, that's a terrible TOTP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdAjETiwtSk

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I liked that version of Helpless a lot better live, although it's still one of my least favorite of the tracks I've heard.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I thought that version of Helpless was disappointingly pedestrian and then, I dunno, does Ja Rule always sound like that?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bah, that stream is blocked on copyright grounds

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I preordered the album and it's now December 2 but it's not letting me download the rest of the album and I am so, so sad.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    David_T wrote: »
    I thought that version of Helpless was disappointingly pedestrian and then, I dunno, does Ja Rule always sound like that?

He's always had the growly voice but I think it might be shot now.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Holy shit Who Tells Your Story

gat damn

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Viv it's on Spotify in the meantime before your download

If'n you all Australias have Spotify

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Yeah but I've already paid for it and stuff and if it's available now I don't know why it won't let me get the rest of it. :(

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Glob damn I love Dessa so much

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm just clicking around randomly, but I think I generally like the ones that weren't released earlier a lot more.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dear Theodosia is exactly what I wanted it to be.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Glob damn I love Dessa so much

I know she's got a perfectly respectable career, but I often find myself wondering why she isn't bigger

• Options
    Fuck, I want a full and finished version of cabinet battle #3

• Options
    God I fucking love Common.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I totally get why Cab Battle 3 was cut for story reasons

but boy it would have been nice to have a proper addressing of slavery in the show

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Valley Forge is bomb as hell

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I've listened through the mixtape twice now and I think my favorite tracks are Wrote My Way Out, Congratulations, and Chance's Dear Theodosia.

Also, my brain refuses to believe that's Jimmy Fallon.

• Options
    Why? It clearly sounds like Jimmy Fallon to me.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Just got through my first two listens as well. For stuff that wasn't already released - I absolutely love the rap section of Say Yes to This, Burn is amazing, and Chance's Dear Theodosia is the surprise of the album for me. With that said, there's only really one track I'm not a huge fan of and that's Jimmy Fallon's, mostly because of the intro. I think if it was just the song I'd probably be far less annoyed by it.

I'm sure over time they'll all end up growing on me though. I'm slightly obsessed with Burn though, and I haven't really heard of (or didn't realize I'd heard of) Andra Day, is her actual album as good?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Jimmy Fallon track is on permaskip for me

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The Jill Scott/Dessa/Andra Day run is real strong. Easily my favorite chunk of the tape. (Though the Andra Day version sounds incongruously... triumphant? It doesn't quite mesh with the lyical tone of the song, but is still musically great)

• Options
    That Jimmy Fallon track is poop.

I could have done a better job

• Options
    The Jimmy Fallon track is fine

It's the skit at the beginning that sucks

But really, what would a rap album be without one incredibly lame skit?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

more focused and better?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Most rap albums (that I have on my phone at least) separate them like "You'll be Back (Skit)" and then the real track, that way you can hear the song without the crap. But still it's my least favorite track so far.

I keep listening and can't get over how great the Theodosia Reprise is. And yes, the tone is far more victorious on this version of Burn but holy shit does her telling him he's sleeping in his office give me goosebumps and something about her delivery of "your sentences border on senseless" kills me every time.

• Options
    Just set the start time on your iPod for like, ten seconds in or whatever

• Options

What the hell is an ipod?

• Options
    Man I wish they still made iPods

I think mine is gonna die soon, I'm really not looking forward to having to come up with a new music listening situation

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

What the hell is an ipod?
    It's something that Sean Kingston has stuck on replay. Something like a melody stuck in his head. Or Shawty.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I still have a gen 2 ipod nano and when my baby dies I don't know what I'll do

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I like having a designated music device

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »

Yeah, me too. I far too frequently need to be using both my iPod and my phone at the same time.

• Options
    I used to love my iPod until I started using Spotify for everything.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

"folks this hilarious joke needs a good thirty seconds of set up but I promise its worth it here goes: i'm gonna breathe hard it'll be hilarious"

• Options

"folks this hilarious joke needs a good thirty seconds of set up but I promise its worth it here goes: i'm gonna breathe hard it'll be hilarious"

At least he does a better job setting it up than Matt Bellamy ever did

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I used to love my iPod until I started using Spotify for everything.

You never loved anything

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Man I wish they still made iPods

I think mine is gonna die soon, I'm really not looking forward to having to come up with a new music listening situation
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I still have a gen 2 ipod nano and when my baby dies I don't know what I'll do
    Bloods End wrote: »

Fear not, my friends. There are a few of us in the world, who want a separate thing for our music, and we are not forgotten. Look up the SanDisk Clip line, they're tiny cheap mp3 players with MicroSD slots. However they are very sparse on features that aren't 'playing mp3s.'

• Options
    I'm going to sing and post my version of one of the King George songs... Maybe

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So for somebody who is not a big rap music fan, and only has some vague idea of who these artists y'all are taking about are, will I enjoy this mix tape?