As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Well last year I did it sort of as a joke (it was about torturing people) and this year Proxy sent me this: "[The gifts] will be wrapped but Santa realises his gift label text kind of gives the surprises away a bit so you might want to avoid reading them as I know you like to wait for the big day you good boy!"

So, yeah, I guess I'm waiting until Christmas Day. I can do this because I know it makes Santa more anxious than it does me.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

Hit that Spoiler tag for the goods and really clever gift card.
    ji3ahrhoi6k5.jpg
    Secrets are out and @Lindsay Lohan is my Santa. Thanks LL - This was excellent!
    32i3bty6mfmi.jpg
    bqaou2rohxew.jpg
    mw26j9ubf2pd.jpg
    i19ltiupl2kb.jpg
    xvq3dl7h4qf0.jpg
    1i5kvchs1u4o.jpg

I'm in the process of building the lego and kubros, will post when those are finished!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone! Canada Post decided to deliver early (it's a Christmas miracle!), so...
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

A semi-mysterious box appears...
    IMG_20161202_161028_zps9eqghj6n.jpg

Inside are... small plastic bags full of air! Oh, Santa, you knew!
    IMG_20161202_161312_zpsxvzkugf3.jpg
    BUT WAIT! There's more...

MUCH more, in fact. Holy crap! What IS all this!?
    IMG_20161202_161356_zpsh0ea8id4.jpg

Ooh a card!
    IMG_20161202_172502_zpso7gzhlam.jpg
    IMG_20161202_172528_zps5tfntv8t.jpg
    testsubject23:
    HO HO HO from a distant land!
    May this Christmas season take you to some very merry places.
    I have a few local delicacies for you. No doubt you will find them quite exotic. There are other things too, of course. They don't make Lego here, for example. :)
    Bear is Driving
    A distant land, indeed! How's the weather over there in beautiful and exotic... uh... Western Ontario? Oh. Same as ours, then. ;)

This... this is an impressive pile of presents!
    IMG_20161202_161813_zpscpcgker0.jpg
    The All Dressed chips are not present here, as they were already opened, exotic delicacy that they are. (Nom!)
    We also have ciders; a pair each of Thornbury and Coffin Ridge 'Forbidden Fruit'. That's some Christmas cheer, right there.
    And a genuine Crown Royal purple velvet: the most coveted marble and/or dice bags of all.

Now, down to business. I was assisted in the present-opening activities by two wee elves, in full disclosure. We started with the tissue-wrapped goods.
    IMG_20161202_162348_zpsf8apqnev.jpg
    Those are some Damned Fuzzy(TM) Canada flag mittens. I have personally confirmed their coziness, and will be wearing them proudly if it ever stops raining around here.
    There is also a card game called Lost Legacy: The Starship, which is not one I've seen before. Two to four players, and a ten minute playing time are right in my wheelhouse. I'll check this out later tonight.

And there's MOAR:
    IMG_20161202_162648_zpsay7p4r6g.jpg
    Yep, that's a 3-pack of Kinder Eggs. Hooray! When my daughter opened those, she started asking things like "How did they know about us?" (meaning her brother & herself), and "Are you sure these presents are for YOU, Daddy?"
    There is another card game here called Archaeology, which is yet another one I haven't seen before (I don't get out much). Does anyone else think the guy on the cover looks like Spike Spiegel with a haircut and a mustache? I look forward to trying this out.
    And then... then there is that FAT WAD of Canadian Tire money. Good lord! That's a big stack of tire-cheddah alright. I need a pimp hat to go with that, damn.
    This is fortunate, as I often shop at CT, and have a much-less-impressive-but-still-substantial stack of my own to add to this. I'm thinking this could be the start of an RESP or something.

And there's EVEN MOAR (can you believe it?)
    IMG_20161202_163242_zps6fswqwex.jpg
    LEGO trucks! Fire and recycling, respectively. My son had juuuuust asked for a fire truck for Christmas, so when he opened the fire truck LEGO he was both awed and confused. I have a feeling I might not retain ownership for any longer than the box is sealed. :)
    These are amazing - I'm going to have a blast building them with the kids.

@Bear is Driving, thank you so much for these wonderful gifts! You've been an amazing Santa! Merry Christmas to you, sir!

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
    Ho ho ho!

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the presents. I hope you shared the eggs!

Don't, uh, share the cider with the children though.

Congrats on the new house. I hope the phat stack can be of use.

Thank you for not being one of those Santees who hold on to their gifts until Christmas. What kind of monster does that?

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Phew! Glad my gifts finally made it your way. Amazon and the post office certainly took their sweet time!

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Guys! I got my promotion! Merry Christmas miracles. Santee, come pay day you shall be Christmased.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Phew! Glad my gifts finally made it your way. Amazon and the post office certainly took their sweet time!

My postal worker is an idiot. He leaves boxes in front of the door on one day and then the next it's at the local post office.

Thanks for the stuff!
    The knolling begins.
    9qxsv5u9bvtp.jpg

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So part 2 of gift get. The problem is that my apartment flooded so I've just been having a hellish week. This is about a week and a half after I got into a car accident. HOWEVER,

Farangu to the rescue. Prior to this I got two really kick ass minis that I could build a DnD character around.

This begin G&T, I'm guessing (s)he couldn't resist and I got not one but two games.

xm0wcpv0gpug.png
    d2d7f83jbbry.png

Thank you so much @Farangu

This was just the distraction I needed.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I've just plied through 2 years of my victim's santee's posts. Haven't come up with any particularly good ideas yet. Pondering the nuclear option.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    I've just plied through 2 years of my victim's santee's posts. Haven't come up with any particularly good ideas yet. Pondering the nuclear option.

I'm sure your santee would love a nuclear warhead.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Radioactive material is the gift that keeps on giving.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Yes yes... 24 ounces of enriched plutonium!!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Hey Santa

I know i said i wasn't gonna post more pics. But I'm proud of this one and think i got the presentation down.
    I made burgers tonight.
    Again: before this I never cooked - infact, due to being dyspraxic I had been told that I probably wouldn't be able to cook well at all.
    Yet here we are.

Last one i promise. I'm just so proud and thankful.

This is all vegan.
    15267866_10154732523587398_6878753087415094541_n.jpg?oh=7906fbbd4d0cfaa17146969d72426eb6&oe=58B50154

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Aw man

My habit of only looking at bookmarked threads made me completely miss this

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

I've got Radioactive material for all of you.....

Realtalk though, I really want a Trinitite sample.

PSN: jfrofl
    edited December 2016
    Radiation wrote: »

That would be awesome.

Edit: Curiosity led me to find that red type is about $115-190 for a sample.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Dear santa,

After many different uses, I have found the pinnacle of torch operation:
    2rk4lobzkydg.jpg
    I found some rectangular marshmallows that are made for smores. I then experimented with different preparation and have found the optimal ratio
    cut one in half so it's less thick, and then melt one on each side of the chocolate.
    so good.

Erin The Red on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Started my stalking a little late, but looks like you're a lurker to the extreme santee. No postings for a few years. :? This will make it a little harder, but I got this!

Steam: offday
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Santee! I've been thrown a little off work on account of my wife moving over to the UK but now that she's finally here, it is on again! Expect stuff getting done within a week or two. Hopefully it all arrives before Christmas!

anoffday wrote: »
    Started my stalking a little late, but looks like you're a lurker to the extreme santee. No postings for a few years. :? This will make it a little harder, but I got this!

Wow, really? That's rough and a little crazy.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I mean, you got other info. It's usually less difficult than it seems at first.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00

There's always the old standby "Buy stuff you think is cool and hope that they're enough like you to like it as well".
    I mean, it generally works for me.

There's always the old standby "Buy stuff you think is cool and hope that they're enough like you to like it as well".

I dunno, getting a pit done at this time of the year is going to be tough.

I assume that getting the contractor all lined up would work. I mean, you've got to work with the Santee for scheduling, right? A basement pit isn't a two or three hour project, it's the kind of thing takes time to do right. I mean, you're not going to gift someone a half assed basement pit, right? They're going to need to be at least 14 feet deep. And wide enough that a person in the pit can't reach from one side to the other and climb out, and of course you have to move the dirt somewhere. Just doesn't do to have a giant pile of dirt in the backyard, right?
    You know, I think I may have spent too much time thinking of basement pits.

In news unrelated to basement pits. I got the code to the other Amazon locker today, but this one is indoors and they closed about 10 minutes after I checked my email. So it's going to wait until after work tomorrow for me to get out there and pick it up. But, there should be a post here tomorrow.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif
    On Friday, my dear friends, I received a communique from a mysterious stranger who was revealed to be my Santa. Contained within this e-scroll were two things. The second we'll get to second, but first let me tell you about the first: it was an image of a Blizzard gift card, the back of it scratched off, the gift code saucily revealed. My Santa knew that I was a fan of Hearthstone, you see. I hungrily extracted 15 Hearthstone boosters from the gift code and e-ripped into the e-pack. Shall I tell you a bit about what lay within?
    - The very first pack I opened contained a golden Virmen Sensei, which - you will note - looks rad as hell.
    - Four of the packs contained a golden card.
    - One contained a legendary.
    - One contained two epics and a rare.

What I'm getting at is that cards bought out of base greed do not contain such treasure. Clearly, the packs were suffused with good karma, the kind that emanates from a gift freely given. Thank you, Santa!

Ah, but here is the second thing: Santa also included a poem that contains their identity. Allow me to reproduce it for you here:
    In the archives PA tv,
    You can find a picture of me.
    While I'm not the main subject
    Searching well, makes you correct

Some would say, that story is best,
    Graphics can suffer, gameplay next,
    If you want me on your screen
    Your timer should show number 0:14

Who among them do you seek?
    I'll tell you this, my shorts on fleek
    Though there's many standing there,
    They are comfy, and easy to wear

I will confess to you, my dear friends, that I originally had a paragraph in here where I admitted to not being able to figure out the clues, and asked for help. I had one meager lead that I thought couldn't possibly be right, and that's it. But! Then! Before hitting "Post" I said to myself "Let me just due some diligence, and double-check that lead again".

My friends, I am here to tell you that my lead proved to be correct. After staring at the screen a bit and putting several 2-and-2s together, I was able to determine - with a decent degree of certainty - who my Santa is. In case the rest of you folks want to try and puzzle it out yourselves, I will put the name in a spoiler. I will also say that I have a piece of information - a name attached to the e-mail I received - that I'm not going to post here (for we all know that True Names have power, and I would not post my Santa's real name here without their consent, even if it is a matter of public record). So, you'll have a slightly harder time of it than me.

At any rate: Thank you very much

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Santa!

Your presents have been shipped.

But umm, they were accidentally shipped to my home address. Woops.

I found this out when I got home yesterday and found the boxes waiting for me. So I'll be shipping them out. It's a good thing really, as I can get a bit more personal.

Delduwath wrote: »
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif
    On Friday, my dear friends, I received a communique from a mysterious stranger who was revealed to be my Santa. Contained within this e-scroll were two things. The second we'll get to second, but first let me tell you about the first: it was an image of a Blizzard gift card, the back of it scratched off, the gift code saucily revealed. My Santa knew that I was a fan of Hearthstone, you see. I hungrily extracted 15 Hearthstone boosters from the gift code and e-ripped into the e-pack. Shall I tell you a bit about what lay within?
    - The very first pack I opened contained a golden Virmen Sensei, which - you will note - looks rad as hell.

What I'm getting at is that cards bought out of base greed do not contain such treasure. Clearly, the packs were suffused with good karma, the kind that emanates from a gift freely given. Thank you, Santa!

Ah, but here is the second thing: Santa also included a poem that contains their identity. Allow me to reproduce it for you here:
    In the archives PA tv,

I will confess to you, my dear friends, that I originally had a paragraph in here where I admitted to not being able to figure out the clues, and asked for help. I had one meager lead that I thought couldn't possibly be right, and that's it. But! Then! Before hitting "Post" I said to myself "Let me just due some diligence, and double-check that lead again".

My friends, I am here to tell you that my lead proved to be correct. After staring at the screen a bit and putting several 2-and-2s together, I was able to determine - with a decent degree of certainty - who my Santa is. In case the rest of you folks want to try and puzzle it out yourselves, I will put the name in a spoiler. I will also say that I have a piece of information - a name attached to the e-mail I received - that I'm not going to post here (for we all know that True Names have power, and I would not post my Santa's real name here without their consent, even if it is a matter of public record). So, you'll have a slightly harder time of it than me.

You've found me out!

Whatever could this mean....

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

I was sleeping when my Santa struck!

n3y6mzmc9chr.png

Thanks for the gift of "holy hell when did it become midnight"! You didn't leave your actual forum name but when you do I will add it!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

In the archives PA tv,

You've found me out!

Whatever could this mean....
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif
    Apparently, what it means is that more gifts are going to be chucked directly at my head! I woke up to find the following two items in my mailbox:
    DOOM%202016_zpsyjfhiset.jpg
    DOOM (2016)!
    Super%20House%20of%20Dead%20Ninjas_zpsm2pnnwen.jpg
    Super House of Dead Ninjas!

I played the demo for DOOM (2016), and was tremendously impressed with the gameflow. I submit that the way one has to go from demon to demon, meleeing them to suck up sweet health bubbles, is rather fluid and water-like itself! Anyway, I can't wait to get knee-deep in the dead in this one.

Super House of Dead Ninjas I actually haven't heard of, but it looks excellent. I'm very excited to try it.

Thank you so much, @Mighty! These are really great gifts.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Wait, what episode of PATV am I supposed to be looking at?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    You have to look through themy all

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

I was sleeping when my Santa struck!

n3y6mzmc9chr.png

Thanks for the gift of "holy hell when did it become midnight"! You didn't leave your actual forum name but when you do I will add it!

It was me. I hope you enjoy it!

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    It's a Christmas miracle! Santa has acquired valuable intel and will not be forced to vaporize his Santee this year.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited December 2016
    If you read closely, there's a hint to which one you need.
    It's the one where they talk about storytelling in games

Mighty on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    If you read closely, there's a hint to which one you need.
    It's the one where they talk about storytelling in games

No Quical was right, just watch all of them.

edited December 2016

I assume that getting the contractor all lined up would work. I mean, you've got to work with the Santee for scheduling, right? A basement pit isn't a two or three hour project, it's the kind of thing takes time to do right. I mean, you're not going to gift someone a half assed basement pit, right? They're going to need to be at least 14 feet deep. And wide enough that a person in the pit can't reach from one side to the other and climb out, and of course you have to move the dirt somewhere. Just doesn't do to have a giant pile of dirt in the backyard, right?

In news unrelated to basement pits. I got the code to the other Amazon locker today, but this one is indoors and they closed about 10 minutes after I checked my email. So it's going to wait until after work tomorrow for me to get out there and pick it up. But, there should be a post here tomorrow.

Ducked out of work a few minutes early to get to the mall before they closed (turns out they close early on Sundays, even in December).
    Hit the mall and wandered around trying to find the lockers, they're a bit out of the way here. Down a long hallway, next to the security office, not marked on the mall maps. Walked by the hallway twice before I noticed it.

Anyway, package retrieved, but phone is dead.
    @DyasAlure got my the fifth and final season of Fringe (in addition to the prior 4 seasons which I had already opened).

Thanks Dyas. I'll get a photo of the full set up after my phone has been fed.

see317 on
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular

Ducked out of work a few minutes early to get to the mall before they closed (turns out they close early on Sundays, even in December).
    Hit the mall and wandered around trying to find the lockers, they're a bit out of the way here. Down a long hallway, next to the security office, not marked on the mall maps. Walked by the hallway twice before I noticed it.

Anyway, package retrieved, but phone is dead.
    @DyasAlure got my the fifth and final season of Fringe (in addition to the prior 4 seasons which I had already opened).

Thanks Dyas. I'll get a photo of the full set up after my phone has been fed.

Well, I think I'm done. That should be the complete set now? 5 were all you had listed on your wishlist. Anyway, binge that fringe. :)

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016

Inside are... small plastic bags full of air! Oh, Santa, you knew!
    scroob-air-625x350.jpg
    Radiation wrote: »

That would be awesome.

Edit: Curiosity led me to find that red type is about $115-190 for a sample.
    Put it in your nose!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Man I really didn't want to just ship items to my Santee without me doing a handwritten card or whatever, but a lot of things that I think Santee will like have alerts on them that say that it may not get to me before Christmas.