As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, December 2, 2016 - Leave

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, December 2, 2016 - Leave

Leave

Leave

http://campcomic.com/comic/378

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I feel like there's something to the apples? Or maybe he just likes apples?
    Am I reading too much into apples?

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Well that was anticlimactic. Luckily.

• Options
    It's the journey not the destination as they say.
    I'm curious about the importance of the knife, too. It's clearly important to Brian.

• Options
    GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    Malachi & Seventeen's situation just exacerbated.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oh Katie you tease... I keep thinking things are going to escalate and then somehow they don't...

I get the feeling once this all kicks off, it's going to be apocalyptic though

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    @BRIGUY Well, besides the knife and the apple, there doesn't seem to be much colour around...So those two things could definitely have some important meaning to him. I'm wondering why he has to hide the knife though...Is it because he took it from his father without him knowing?

• Options
    BaronbrianBaronbrian Registered User regular
    "I got out of there"

Unwritten: "But they'll never find those three."

• Options
    SleepyDustSleepyDust Registered User regular
    "Trying to escape before getting your revenge bop." Is this the same child Brian bopped with the apple?

• Options
    @SLEEPYDUST Nah, its a different guy. He's referring to when he tried "bopping" him on the head with a stick sometime earlier I think. Would have been interesting if it was the same guy though.

• Options
    CheddarLimboCheddarLimbo Registered User regular
    He's wearing his backpack upside down so the stuff will stay in it... What an awesome little touch. ily Katie.

• Options
    hipsoehipsoe Registered User regular
    Bad move.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Ropes course kid is so dead...

• Options
    SpatzistSpatzist Registered User new member
    It just occurred to me that when he mentions things being "scary", he doesn't mean school, the teachers, or even the students. He's talking about himself. He's completely aware of how "scary" he can get due to his issues, and is trying his best to avoid triggering them.

• Options
    ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    I honestly want to give Brian a hug and tell him I'm proud of him. He's aware of his anger issues and is trying to avoid situations that will make him lose his temper. This is something too many "adults" fail at.
    My guess about the knife is he's either putting it away for safekeeping (he won't take it to school, for a while at least) or else he's afraid of using it to hurt himself or someone else in his mood, so he puts it out of sight, out of mind.

• Options
    SideshowJonSideshowJon Registered User regular
    Rage issues and a butterfly knife as a security blanket? Nope, can't see anyway this could go awry

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Old Liz Phair songs are playing in my head now. This vengeance is earned.

• Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    So Brian is being left alone with some badly tied rope? isn't that exactly what he wanted in the first place?

• Options
    John LittleJohn Little Registered User regular
    Okay, there's a few possible directions this could go... it's a long-shot story arc-wise but do you think he's going to snap (both in the past and also in the story) and then in the past go "too far" (for some value of too far) while in the future be snapped out of it by Seventeen, who was saved from the ledge by some other method? Arguably, Seventeen could save the day for him in this scenario. Like... that's not the safe-money bet storyline-wise, but I could see it happening. (More likely for us to just see him snap in the past and present, but to get a glimpse of him being able to control it in the present better than he could back then.) I'd be excited by either of those.

And, of course, being surprised by something else'll be just as nice. :-)

• Options
    Okay, there's a few possible directions this could go... it's a long-shot story arc-wise but do you think he's going to snap (both in the past and also in the story) and then in the past go "too far" (for some value of too far) while in the future be snapped out of it by Seventeen, who was saved from the ledge by some other method? Arguably, Seventeen could save the day for him in this scenario. Like... that's not the safe-money bet storyline-wise, but I could see it happening. (More likely for us to just see him snap in the past and present, but to get a glimpse of him being able to control it in the present better than he could back then.) I'd be excited by either of those.

And, of course, being surprised by something else'll be just as nice. :-)

I think Brian will stop himself from bopping Randall in a rage. He's going to get pushed. He's going to the dark place. And I think before he goes too far he'll pull himself back but not before scaring Randall. Maybe Seventeen will be the Obi-Wan ghost whispering in his ear that he can save himself.

In the past though. He's going to go too far. I think at least, maybe it's all a misdirection. I just had a thought that what if Brian was sent to camp because he didn't fight back? These bullies just wail on him and he disappoints his father and is sent away. But going with the straightforward guess, he loses control and pummels the bullies. Just devastation.

I don't know. I'm terrible guessing where these stories go. But I love speculating.

• Options
    Kairos615Kairos615 Registered User regular
    Brian doesn't even care about being tied up to a tree overnight. That's fine, totally a cool thing for him to do. Probably happens all the time.
    But he's furious because Malachi and Seventeen are still stuck on that ledge, and this idiot Ropes kid is preventing him from saving them.

Brian, #1 Bear Dad.

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    hmmmmmm... Do my eyes deceive me, or is that book in panel 7 "My Side of the Mountain"? I LOVED that book! It was one of the very few books that I enjoyed in school.

oh... DERP! It totally is. The title of the book was shown 5 comics ago. I guess I just missed that before, haha

Mr Fish on
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Skizz wrote: »
    So Brian is being left alone with some badly tied rope? isn't that exactly what he wanted in the first place?

Look, we're not sailors or dominatrixes, so the rope tying might not be 100% accurate. But for our purposes, it's good enough to keep Brian tied up.

• Options
    AdamRW wrote: »

Look, we're not sailors or dominatrixes, so the rope tying might not be 100% accurate. But for our purposes, it's good enough to keep Brian tied up.

Have you considered consulting a sailor that moonlights as a dominatrix?
    Authenticity is important. ;)

• Options
    September 12th, 10:30 a.m.

Anthony Cumia Memorial Middle School

Cafeteria

We sit at a table, mostly occupied by the cool kids, i.e. ourselves and a few others. I take a much deserved sip from my cognac flavoured juicebox as I contemplate the day's menu.

Lunchables....A fine selction indeed. A bit gamey, but it would have to do.

The lunch lady looks at me with contempt, a look of disgust on her face as I pass by. That's right, plebian troglodyte, you ought to bask in my glory, as I can buy and sell you at the drop of a hat.

My father is a billionaire belt salesman who made his fortune selling the tears of Nicaraguan orphans to ruthless warlords....How spicy, if I may say so myself. I spasm with glee....

I return to my seat in elegance and aplomb, taking another swig of juice as I continue to socialize with my equally wealthy peers.....bourbon....it tastes of high status and bad conscience.....damn you mommy.....I asked for raspberry twist.....

We engage in a discussion about whether Donovan, my well-greased Jamaican butler should be the main attraction at my 11th birthday party, when suddenly.....

He arrives........

Kid dressed in a long black trench coat and Heelys

Had red hair and a dead look in his eyes...

"T-t-time t-t-to D-d-die..." My lord, his Italian was terrible.

He pulls out his iPhone and puts on "Numb" by African pop superstars, Linkin Park.

Oh Jesus, he's got a knife...

Everyone scatters and tramples over each other trying to run away.

Puerto Rican kid starts reciting Hail Mary in Korean

Muslim kid rides imaginary flying carpet into a brick wall

I remain alone with the assailant

I confront him face to face. "Hey dumbass!" I say..."What's your name?"

"B-b-brian" he replies, clutching the knife harder than Leo tried to clutch an Oscar...

"Hey Brian, why don't you stab me with that knife, you pansy!"

"I-I-I-.....Can't... WHY DADDY, WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THE ICE CUBES THIS TIME?!!!...."

That statement touched me more than R-Kelly did the fourteen year old

I wrap my arms around him.... ;)

We go out for ice cream

"G-g-god B-b-bless Us....E-e-ekksnbsheiwnsafsyyefnfbfbeiie!!!"

He's so retarded...*sniff*

See how it's done, America?....

• Options
    te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    Good, leave a kid tied up all night in a place where there are large predators like a mountain lion!

• Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Being left alone with some badly tied rope meant I was enjoying the Bond villain-ness of this version of revenge. Looking forward to the resolution.

Just for the record, I am neither a sailor or a dominatrix. Also not a Girl Guide, Brownie, Boy Scout, Junior Woodchuck or a truck driver.

• Options
    Joey FloresJoey Flores Registered User new member
    edited December 2016
    I hope this story arch wraps up soon, like before Christmas. That might make some people mad, but this arch is turning out to be quite long winded, in my opinion. There are two kids stuck on a cliff, and have been there for a month.
    Wait, I just checked, we are coming up on two months...

Joey Flores on
  • Options
    Being left alone with some badly tied rope meant I was enjoying the Bond villain-ness of this version of revenge. Looking forward to the resolution.

Just for the record, I am neither a sailor or a dominatrix. Also not a Girl Guide, Brownie, Boy Scout, Junior Woodchuck or a truck driver.

No, Mister Dufford, I expect you to bop.

Now we just need a big fluffy white cat to complete the image. :)

• Options
    DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    People theorizing that Brian is talking about himself when he writes about "getting scary", but remember what happened when Purdy tried to shoot the injured squirrel (was it a squirrel?) in his arms? He hallucinated some pretty scary stuff.

It's not that HE'S scary, it's that he gets angry as a defensive mechanism in response to the scary things he starts hallucinating. At least that's how I chose to interpret that. :V

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Adding to DJFlare84, I agree. I suspect Brian has a disassociative disorder of some kind. IDK what caused him to develop it, as those kinds of disorders are caused by traumatic events. Maybe being bullied so much lead to Brian developing it? Or something involving his absent father?

This webcomic is every psych/social major's dream!