As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

sexy pokemon [chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    One last post because this is important:
    The newest makeup trend is ‘d*ckliner’ — penis shaped eyeliner

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    One last post because this is important:
    The newest makeup trend is ‘d*ckliner’ — penis shaped eyeliner

hi neco!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    wait I awesome'd that. Neco is that awesome or bad? I don't know.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    wait I awesome'd that. Neco is that awesome or bad? I don't know.

It is dickliner

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I mean my dick could use a little highlighting...

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Dickliner is an important product. I've seen too many preventable cases of conjuntivitis that could have been avoided if only there was a safer alternative to finding a penis and dipping it in black paint.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    like, I get it's stupid that the local level of governments lets developers go and build massive tracts of just-barely affordable housing

but houses only cost as much as people are willing to pay

and enough people are scraping up the dough to buy those houses

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I have found 4 examples of this and 3 are the same person

'trend'

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i've stared at the cigarette photo and realized it's monica belucci in whatever year. damn girl. you foine.

• Options
    Senjutsu wrote: »

'trend'

Don't fucking ruin this for me

Its all I have left

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Genuinely surprised that Capcom actually remember that X exists

I thought they gave the entire Mega Man franchise a Viking funeral a few years back

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »

'trend'

Don't fucking ruin this for me

Its all I have left

Sorry

Further investigation has turned up hundreds of examples

Thousands

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Boston has no Michelin star restauraunts which is... sensible really it makes perfect sense. There is not really a high end fine dining culture here at all. Just about a quadrillion middle level places for college students with rich parents.

iono I feel like it's self-reinforcing

the american michelin judges only go to chicago, new york, and LA

so the michelin quality chefs only go to those cites

meanwhile the east asia michelin judges are giving out stars to food carts

There's a lot of younger "Famous" chefs that have made their way to smaller big cities like Nashville and the like. We've got a couple of Top Chef finalists here that have opened little restaurants and are doing the food truck thing because they didn't want the big city food critic hassle.

There are accomplished and talented chefs scattered across the country

But they all know they aren't going to get a Michelin star unless they relocate to NYC because the US judges are provincial as fuck

I don't disagree, I'm saying a lot of them probably don't want one. They want to make good food and be locally famous and have a nice income and just be happy doing what they love.

capricious youth and all.

As pissed as I was shortly ago with this discussion, it's actually becoming interesting to read your guys' opinions on these subjects.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    I was at Best Buy the other day to see if I could snag a miniNES and I saw they had Mega Man 1-6 on PS4 cheap.

then I was all "what the fuck are you doing you can't beat ANY of these fucking games put it down moron"

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Alazull wrote: »
    Southern food has been raked through the mud, because it fits a convenient narrative. These backwoods stupid folk couldn't possibly make anything nuanced, instead everything is simple and heavy-handed because they possess no talent.

I have literally never, ever, ever heard this.

Same. The only reputation I've heard is that it's good, cheap, and unhealthy. I've also never heard "simple" used as a pejorative in cooking but I'm not in the biz. Usually I hear simple used to convey that a recipe is easy to make but deceptively difficult to perfect, or that it leans heavily on ingredient quality.

I know exactly what Alazull is talking about... southern food is fried, bad for you, full of carbs, includes no veggies, has no nuance.

This sounds like Italian food

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

OH MY GOD

CAP COM

PLZ

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Boston has no Michelin star restauraunts which is... sensible really it makes perfect sense. There is not really a high end fine dining culture here at all. Just about a quadrillion middle level places for college students with rich parents.

iono I feel like it's self-reinforcing

the american michelin judges only go to chicago, new york, and LA

so the michelin quality chefs only go to those cites

meanwhile the east asia michelin judges are giving out stars to food carts

There's a lot of younger "Famous" chefs that have made their way to smaller big cities like Nashville and the like. We've got a couple of Top Chef finalists here that have opened little restaurants and are doing the food truck thing because they didn't want the big city food critic hassle.

There are accomplished and talented chefs scattered across the country

But they all know they aren't going to get a Michelin star unless they relocate to NYC because the US judges are provincial as fuck

I don't disagree, I'm saying a lot of them probably don't want one. They want to make good food and be locally famous and have a nice income and just be happy doing what they love.

capricious youth and all.

As pissed as I was shortly ago with this discussion, it's actually becoming interesting to read your guys' opinions on these subjects.

That was pretty much it for me. We've got cool chefs here who were on tv that have neat restaurants.

Past that I'm kind of an O'Charleys and Waffle House guy.

I think food trucks went from being an easy way to access good food to expensive trendy things that I no longer appreciate.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I was at Best Buy the other day to see if I could snag a miniNES and I saw they had Mega Man 1-6 on PS4 cheap.

then I was all "what the fuck are you doing you can't beat ANY of these fucking games put it down moron"

Must one conquer to succeed, to grow? Pedestrian..

Organichu on
  • Options
    honestly Michelin probably should have stayed in europe because I don't thing they really get american cuisine at all

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Southern food has been raked through the mud, because it fits a convenient narrative. These backwoods stupid folk couldn't possibly make anything nuanced, instead everything is simple and heavy-handed because they possess no talent.

Same. The only reputation I've heard is that it's good, cheap, and unhealthy. I've also never heard "simple" used as a pejorative in cooking but I'm not in the biz. Usually I hear simple used to convey that a recipe is easy to make but deceptively difficult to perfect, or that it leans heavily on ingredient quality.

I know exactly what Alazull is talking about... southern food is fried, bad for you, full of carbs, includes no veggies, has no nuance.

*brain melts*

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

Must one conquer to succeed, to grow? Pedestrian..

I almost beat Mega Man 1 or 2 using save states every five seconds.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    like, I get it's stupid that the local level of governments lets developers go and build massive tracts of just-barely affordable housing

every couple of decades or so, people using leverage to amplify their gains seem to just completely forget that there is always an element of risk; that, at some point, they are going to be unable to find a buyer

leverage should just be flat out illegal, period, because humans have repeatedly demonstrated that they cannot handle the concept

I have no idea how you could reasonably make it illegal though

:|

With Love and Courage
  • Options

Ok but have you ever seen an Italian masturbate while talking about the delicacy and deft touch required for risotto

Aka

have you ever seen an Italian talk about the delicacy and deft touch required for risotto

• Options
    I saw that video was labeled "Best of Giant Bomb: Chief Beef" so I didn't click it.

• Options
    honestly Michelin probably should have stayed in europe because I don't thing they really get american cuisine at all

Honestly Michelin is like the Oscars.

Its a lot of people who may or may not be qualified telling people what they should like, based on a very out-dated set of guidelines.

And also because of the system if you are outside of certain countries you have a much easier time qualifying, and if you happen to know enough people in the system it's easy to get at least one star.

• Options
    Hey Leo finally won an oscar even if I didn't like the movie all that much so I'm okay with the Oscars and their voting now.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

Ok but have you ever seen an Italian masturbate while talking about the delicacy and deft touch required for risotto

Aka

have you ever seen an Italian talk about the delicacy and deft touch required for risotto

I know I got constipated AF in Italy

They are not big on veggies

• Options
    tonight in chat we're tackling the two most important issues facing our country
    • inflated housing prices
    • deflated michelin review scores

is there a causal link?
    absolutely
    but in which direction

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016

A disproportionate number of high-end housing units in hot markets are held by pieds a tierre.

About 30% of newly-constructed market-rate housing units in San Francisco are purchased by people who do not intend to live there.

Around 5% of Vancouver home sales are purchased by foreign buyers, around 7% of Vancouver homes are empty at any given time, and as many as 20% of Vancouver homes are owned by some combination of non-resident investors, foreign buyers, or pieds a tierre.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I associate vegetables with southern food just because we don't see them much otherwise

Okra, collards, eggplant, sorghum, black eyed peas, lima beans

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    okra, tomatoes, and onions are really good.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Aka

Don't tomatoes get thrown into basically every Italian recipe

• Options
    Hey Leo finally won an oscar even if I didn't like the movie all that much so I'm okay with the Oscars and their voting now.

I mean the parallel is there.

It's actually funny to see famous chefs there who are winning stars for restaurants that aren't their best, it's just they're in S.E. Asia.

• Options
    Foots of earth

• Options

Aka

What part of Italy?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Non-resident owners don't explain the entirety of housing insanity. No one factor does. But they're a significant contributor.

And they're a contributing factor with no effective ceiling, like a Veblen good or a dutch tulip. As long as they keep getting more expensive, the wrong kind of buyer will keep buying them because they keep getting more expensive.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

Aka

What part of Italy?

BippiyBoppity

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Millenials be wanting Healthcare AND housing?

AANNNDD beatable mega mans?

This discussion has been closed.