As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]zza

OrganichuOrganichu poopspeesRegistered User, Moderator mod
i love pizza. basically you form a dough- usually out of wheat flour, yeast, et al. then you put some tomato product and cheese, and possibly some meats and or vegetables to top the whole thing. now that i'm a diabetic i can't really have it anymore so i make a pseudo lie with a crust of cheese and almond flour. it lets me crawl on, pretending i'm still living- but really, we know what we really want.

pizza.gif

psycadelic-pizza-love.gif

20131105-272547-sal-and-carmine-video-1-minute-meal.jpg

i actually quite like something called trenton pie or philly tomato pie- it's basically a focaccia like square dough covered in a thick, more strongly flavored sauce and a dusting of cheese... and served room temp

Trenton-Tomato-Pie-shooter.l.png

also i guess chicago makes pizza?

allegedly

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    allegedly

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    alazull of course you're free to be bothered by it. i'm just saying it's probably not helpful for you. maybe one day when you're a famous chef you can do a documentary to educate people.

don't kill yourself before then, think about your blood pressure..

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    allegedly

You decide

pizza_deepdish_lossy.gif

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    One of the fancy grocery stores I used to frequent sold a form of trenton pie. They just called it "tomato foccacia" and they put olives and fresh basil on it.

It was one of my favorite grab-and-go lunches.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh snap dogs

Fully singleplayer MechWarrior 5 announced, coming in 2018
    After 15 years, the first singleplayer MechWarrior game is being developed by Piranha Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A
    Announced at MechCon 2016, Piranha Games is taking MechWarrior back to its singleplayer roots with MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Slated for a 2018 release, Piranha Games president Russ Bullock took the stage to reveal the first footage of MechWarrior 5, which is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. You can watch that demo in the video above and head over to MW5mercs.com for more info.

Though details are scarce, what we do know is that MechWarrior 5 is a completely standalone singleplayer game being developed by Piranha Games using a separate team than the one currently supporting MechWarrior Online, its multiplayer-only CryEngine game that went into open beta in 2012. MechWarrior 5 will feature "intense PvE ‘Mech combat in an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice."

If you're not too familiar with the series, MechWarrior is the tactical FPS offshoot of BattleTech, where players pilot a single BattleMech and issue orders to squads (called 'lances') of AI-controlled allies. Set during the Third Succession War of 3015, MechWarrior 5 puts you in the cockpit of a "green MechWarrior mercenary" caught in the conflict by factions vying to control the Inner Sphere—the region of space surrounding Earth. True to MechWarrior, pilots won't just need to prove themselves on the battlefield but will also oversee the maintenance and enhancement of their BattleMechs. Along with the emphasis on player choice, MechWarrior 5 seems to adhere closely to the traditions established by the earlier MechWarrior games.

Aside from the demo, you can feast your eyes on the screenshots below to see what a MechWarrior game in Unreal 4 looks like. Spoiler alert: Pretty damn good. With the turn-based BattleTech strategy game coming in 2017, there's an exciting future ahead for fans of mech-on-mech combat.

Stay tuned, as I'll be bringing more coverage of MechWarrior 5 (and BattleTech) straight from MechCon.

@Jacobkosh

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I used to think I just don't post at the right times to get chat threads

But then I've literally posted in chat for a decade and I've gotten it once or twice

So idk

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Pepperoni pizza or bust

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Mechwarrior 5 looks relevant to my interests.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    it was nice to finally be nominated. But the pressure was too great, I couldn't think of anything. Much like when I get to the counter at a pizza place and see too many good choices

does Dominoes still do that hot dog stuffed crust? That always seemed like pizza science run amok

Oh brilliant
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Now you found the secret code
    I use to wash away my lonely blues well
    So I can't deny or lie 'cause you're a
    Chu Thread Chu Thread
    you're a Chu Thread uhuh

You can give it to me when I need to come along give it to me
    Chu Thread Chu Thread
    You're my Chu Thread
    And baby you can turn me on

Still experimenting with variations on the stinger.

Now I'm at

2 oz brandy (Martell VS)
    1 oz creme de menthe (Sound Spirits)
    0.5 oz Fernet-Branca
    2 dashes burlesque bitters (Bittermen's)

I think for the next one I'm going to froth up an egg white.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Just gonna reuse Mercenaries as a subtitle? Better than MechAssault I guess

(MechAssault was fun)

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    chicago deep dish pizza is garbo

steam_sig.png

a pox on both your houses

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I've never heard of Detroit-style pizza

Please tell me it's not tortillas covered in ketchup and string cheese

Feral wrote: »

wait!

i only had it at that one super popular place so maybe that place is just garbo.

steam_sig.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    my dark secret is that I rag on chicago pizza because mockery is the only way I can resist drinking cheese from this moment right now until I expire

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    alazull of course you're free to be bothered by it. i'm just saying it's probably not helpful for you. maybe one day when you're a famous chef you can do a documentary to educate people.

I really don't appreciate this.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Just gonna reuse Mercenaries as a subtitle? Better than MechAssault I guess

(MechAssault was fun)

Considering MS owns the IP why the hell MechAssault 1 hasnt been HD-ified is beyond me I had over 200 hours played online in it.

Aslong as they ignore MechAssault 2

I used to think I just don't post at the right times to get chat threads

But then I've literally posted in chat for a decade and I've gotten it once or twice

So idk

I was hitting a much better average when I could rely on mod favouritism.

Our new robust overlords have made the process a crapshoot.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    what the hell is detroit style pizza

One time my friend and I went camping and we made campfire pizzadillas

just tortillas, cheese, tomato sauce, and pepperoni folded warmed over the fire

Sometimes when I bring up chicago deep dish pizza people are like

YOU CANT EVEN CALL THAT PIZZA

And I'm like

Man i think a lot of people do? It's tomato dough and cheese served in a circle cut into wedges with toppings like pepperoni

Wtf else is it supposed to be you edgelord fuck

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

And I'm like

Man i think a lot of people do? It's tomato dough and cheese served in a circle cut into wedges with toppings like pepperoni

lasagna

edited December 2016
    Atomika wrote: »

Square, kind of a deep pan (nothing like Chicago though)

Allegedly from them making pizza in car part trays

Senjutsu on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Really, I am in the mood for more of a New York Style pizza. It is hard to come by in Missouri. There are some places in St. Louis though.

I need to learn how to make it myself.

wait!

i only had it at that one super popular place so maybe that place is just garbo.

I've never had it in Chicago but we have some small west coast chains that do it (Patxi's, Zachary's) and it's delicious

Giordanos? is that right?

steam_sig.png
    One time my friend and I went camping and we made campfire pizzadillas

just tortillas, cheese, tomato sauce, and pepperoni folded warmed over the fire

I think you mean "Detroit Pizza"

Alazull wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

I really don't appreciate this.

i don't know what to tell you

there is lots of stuff that's important to me, and i personally find it helpful to not reflect on the stuff that's unrealistic for me to change

i'm certainly not trying to marginalize your passion for your job. just telling you the same '...and the wisdom to know the difference' thing that's been on a million doormats and key holding stations in target for years

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I still need more drinks I can make with all this amaretto I have

fuck gendered marketing

It's fine

It's fine

It's defo not pizza but it's a nice casserole

Still experimenting with variations on the stinger.

Now I'm at

2 oz brandy (Martell VS)
    1 oz creme de menthe (Sound Spirits)
    0.5 oz Fernet-Branca
    2 dashes burlesque bitters (Bittermen's)

I think for the next one I'm going to froth up an egg white.

I would drink this

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

And I'm like

A very tiresome debate.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The "deep dish is great, but it should be called casserole instead of pizza" joke was funny the first time, but ceased to be funny sometime in the ten thousand retellings of that particular joke.

vRyue2p.png
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

Square kind of a deep pan (nothing like Chicago though)

Allegedly from them making pizza in car part trays

. . . . . . the fuck

i've never had real deep dish but i'll be in chicago in 5 weeks so i am gonna give it a go. i hope i like it!

This discussion has been closed.