As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]zza

• RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Also I was typing that post before seeing Senjutsu's post.

I'm saying that's how predictable this conversation is.
    It's extremely easy to predict who will get butthurt about someone not sharing their opinion, yeah

hahaha what

Pizzas just one of those things where like, if you happen to say "hey, this 3 inch thick sauce topped thing that cannot be eaten by hand shares no characteristics that would cause ME to recognize it as pizza"

Then there's like a predictable segment of posters possibly on the spectrum who just get furious and can't stop being mad and red about it

It's p funny

Well I've always felt the difference between a Pizza and a Calzone was thin.

So I could see arguments about that.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular

It's extremely easy to predict who will get butthurt about someone not sharing their opinion, yeah

hahaha what

Pizzas just one of those things where like, if you happen to say "hey, this 3 inch thick sauce topped thing that cannot be eaten by hand shares no characteristics that would cause ME to recognize it as pizza"

Then there's like a predictable segment of posters possibly on the spectrum who just get furious and can't stop being mad and red about it

It's p funny

Senj I enjoy your posts but you just react weirdly and get kind of mean when people don't agree with you

?

I think it's funny to argue about pizza

It's a pretty unserious topic I think

Sorry to upset you all with these counterrevolutionary pizza opinions

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    chat please

you're disrupting my j/o crystal frequencies with this disharmony

I like my pizza topped with half charged j/o crystals, frequencies desynced

Adds that tangy flavor

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

hahaha what

It's p funny

Senj I enjoy your posts but you just react weirdly and get kind of mean when people don't agree with you

?

I think it's funny to argue about pizza

It's a pretty unserious topic I think

Sorry to upset you all with these counterrevolutionary pizza opinions

: /

hahaha what

It's p funny

I mean, I wasn't mad before, but you're being pretty shitty about this ("on the spectrum"? come on man), so maybe I am now?

Like, weren't you getting "butthurt" the other day because you thought Mazzyx was being shitty at you? People get their hackles up about all kinds of stuff man, maybe the best reaction isn't to keep pushing their buttons.

I don't know man, weren't you crawling up my ass five minutes ago about how predictable I was?

You're taking nonsense weirdly seriously my dude

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

hahaha what

It's p funny

I mean, I wasn't mad before, but you're being pretty shitty about this ("on the spectrum"? come on man), so maybe I am now?

Like, weren't you getting "butthurt" the other day because you thought Mazzyx was being shitty at you? People get their hackles up about all kinds of stuff man, maybe the best reaction isn't to keep pushing their buttons.

I don't know man, weren't you crawling up my ass five minutes ago about how predictable I was?

You're taking nonsense weirdly seriously my dude

The reason I posted that was because it came before my post about how everybody makes the casserole comment. It was a clarification and then a comment.

Does it even matter, though? Like, maybe it's dumb that this is irritating to people, but it clearly is, so why are you still doing it?

vRyue2p.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Egg sweetcorn and pineapple pizza with white sauce

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Rchanen wrote: »

hahaha what

It's p funny

Calzones are turnovers without sauce

Pizza is pie with sauce

Like there's far more difference between any pizza and a calzone and Chicago vs Neapolitan vs whatever style pizza

fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Man when chu asked me what to make the OP about and I yelled "pizza" like a 5 year old I didn't predict this but I guess I should have

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I'm honestly curious though:

What is the common geographical parlance for where Illinois is? Great lakes region, I suppose?

I'm too used to dividing a country into basically 'east', 'west' and 'Norman Wells'.

With Love and Courage
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

What is the common geographical parlance for where Illinois is? Great lakes region, I suppose?

I'm too used to dividing a country into basically 'east', 'west' and 'Norman Wells'.

Midwest

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    @spool32 Imma just leave this here, then head back to Fallout 4 before bed.

https://youtu.be/YKhqGWNkn7I

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    There is in fact nothing less funny than being edgy about food for the one millionth time.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

oh god

i think i could manage this without the sweetcorn but...i dunno, i feel like sweetcorn has a very narrow field of things it's good with/on

vRyue2p.png
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Elldren wrote: »

hahaha what

It's p funny

Pizza is pie with sauce

Like there's far more difference between any pizza and a calzone and Chicago vs Neapolitan vs whatever style pizza

Can't you have kind of an open-faced Calzone?

And I've definitely run into Calzone's with sauce.

Not necessarily great Calzone's but they're out there.

Rchanen on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Midwest

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Speaking of casserole, my favorite pizza/pasta place will put all of the toppings of your choice in a casserole dish with cheese and tomato sauce if you order "low-carb"

and it is fucking delicious

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

: /

I mean, I literally don't care if anyone agrees with me about pizza, of all things in this universe

this is such a fucking weird thing for people to be blowing up about

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I don't even eat my thin crust pizza by hand.

I'm a knife and forker.

*monocle pop*

steam_sig.png

Midwest

For largely historical reasons

fuck gendered marketing
    Man when chu asked me what to make the OP about and I yelled "pizza" like a 5 year old I didn't predict this but I guess I should have

Hahaha yeah I don't know that you should have predicted this specifically, but absolutely an OP about pizza was going to lead to some kind of argument.

If it wasn't this, it would be toppings.

vRyue2p.png
    Delmain wrote: »

Midwest

Specifically, it was named that when the US was far smaller and the name shows no sign of changing.

The preferred nomenclature is "flyover country."

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    http://chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/menu/

pizza pot pie
    22pscW4.jpg

pizza pot pieeeeee

tyrannus on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

Midwest

...Really?

o.O

With Love and Courage

The reason I posted that was because it came before my post about how everybody makes the casserole comment. It was a clarification and then a comment.

Does it even matter, though? Like, maybe it's dumb that this is irritating to people, but it clearly is, so why are you still doing it?

Why am I still doing what

Did I make the OP about pizza? Like what are you even mad about here?

oh god

i think i could manage this without the sweetcorn but...i dunno, i feel like sweetcorn has a very narrow field of things it's good with/on

I just googled "worst pizza toppings" and found sweetcorn

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    According to America's Test Kitchen, Pizzeria! DiGiorno Primo Pepperoni is the best frozen Pizza.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/04/best-frozen-pizza_n_7502304.html

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    us_states_map_regions_sm.jpg

it gets more granular- 'new england' in the far northeast, some people say the bits above the carolinas are the midatlantic, the area north of california is the pacific northwest etc. but the east/northeast stops at pennsylvania.

Midwest

...Really?

o.O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States#Background

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Midwest

...Really?

o.O

yes.

as an Ohioan we are EST in time zone.Furhter east than Chicago but firmly in the midwest.

steam_sig.png

hahaha what

It's p funny

Pizza is pie with sauce

There is no such thing as an open faced calzone

And a calzone with sauce is just sort of weird.

fuck gendered marketing

Hahaha yeah I don't know that you should have predicted this specifically, but absolutely an OP about pizza was going to lead to some kind of argument.

I will welcome our new fascist overlords if they promise that in the glorious tyranny, the fuckers who think pineapple belong on pizza will be first against the wall

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

The preferred nomenclature is "flyover country."
    Now Trump is getting a second term, thanks Feral

The only toppings that are unacceptable:

Steak - it gets ruined in a pizza oven! places everywhere please stop trying, its bad every time!
    Mayonaise - [quote="synda...
    Anything you'd only find on a pizza in korea - Korea your pizza privileges are revoked

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh

Tom Cruise is committed to breaking the Tom Cruise running meme with this role.

ctJj2Pl.jpg

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    There is something deeply wrong when most of the Midwest is directly north of the Southeast

hahaha what

It's p funny

Pizza is pie with sauce

There is no such thing as an open faced calzone

And a calzone with sauce is just sort of weird.

I always dip my calzones in sauce. Maybe that's ruining them, I dunno, but I struggle with any pizza-analogue that doesn't have any/enough sauce.

vRyue2p.png
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

The only toppings that are unacceptable:

Steak - it gets ruined in a pizza oven! places everywhere please stop trying, its bad every time!
    Mayonaise - [quote="synda...
    Anything you'd only find on a pizza in korea - Korea your pizza privileges are revoked

Okay, this so hard.

There's like braised beef, brisket, all these great options.

And you're going to reach for the thing that'll get stringy and neigh on flavorless?

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also other than florida and california i've never been south of yankee-land. so i won't try to parse where the 'south' is, because there is definitely a sense of southern life that is independent of southwestern influences and isn't quite as marsh-and-gator as florida. georgia, alabama, mississippi etc?

there be dragons basically

This discussion has been closed.