As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]zza

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    I'm honestly curious though:

What is the common geographical parlance for where Illinois is? Great lakes region, I suppose?

I'm too used to dividing a country into basically 'east', 'west' and 'Norman Wells'.

The preferred nomenclature is "flyover country."

Do not say this if you value life

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    us_states_map_regions_sm.jpg

it gets more granular- 'new england' in the far northeast, some people say the bits above the carolinas are the midatlantic, the area north of california is the pacific northwest etc. but the east/northeast stops at pennsylvania.

Ah, okay; generally up here everything starting in Ontario is considered 'East', thus my confusion.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Also I was typing that post before seeing Senjutsu's post.

I'm saying that's how predictable this conversation is.
    It's extremely easy to predict who will get butthurt about someone not sharing their opinion, yeah

hahaha what

Pizzas just one of those things where like, if you happen to say "hey, this 3 inch thick sauce topped thing that cannot be eaten by hand shares no characteristics that would cause ME to recognize it as pizza"

Then there's like a predictable segment of posters possibly on the spectrum who just get furious and can't stop being mad and red about it

It's p funny

Well I've always felt the difference between a Pizza and a Calzone was thin.

So I could see arguments about that.

Calzones are turnovers without sauce

Pizza is pie with sauce

Like there's far more difference between any pizza and a calzone and Chicago vs Neapolitan vs whatever style pizza

Can't you have kind of an open-faced Calzone?

And I've definitely run into Calzone's with sauce.

Not necessarily great Calzone's but they're out there.

There is no such thing as an open faced calzone

And a calzone with sauce is just sort of weird.

I always dip my calzones in sauce. Maybe that's ruining them, I dunno, but I struggle with any pizza-analogue that doesn't have any/enough sauce.

I mean, they come with sauce for a reason.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    cheesesteak pizza's pretty good

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Christmas starts early. I've been gifted BF1, is that good multiplayer?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

It's extremely easy to predict who will get butthurt about someone not sharing their opinion, yeah

hahaha what

Pizzas just one of those things where like, if you happen to say "hey, this 3 inch thick sauce topped thing that cannot be eaten by hand shares no characteristics that would cause ME to recognize it as pizza"

Then there's like a predictable segment of posters possibly on the spectrum who just get furious and can't stop being mad and red about it

It's p funny

Pizza is pie with sauce

Like there's far more difference between any pizza and a calzone and Chicago vs Neapolitan vs whatever style pizza

I always dip my calzones in sauce. Maybe that's ruining them, I dunno, but I struggle with any pizza-analogue that doesn't have any/enough sauce.

I mean, they come with sauce for a reason.

Do they always? I'll admit I don't order them that often.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    tyrannus wrote: »
    cheesesteak pizza's pretty good

i like the onions, and i like when places put on american cheese. but i've just never had one where the beef wasn't charred and ruined by the heat. maybe if they used thicker cut beef? but then it wouldn't really convey the cheesesteak experience.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

What is the common geographical parlance for where Illinois is? Great lakes region, I suppose?

I'm too used to dividing a country into basically 'east', 'west' and 'Norman Wells'.

You're right, it's inaccurate, and if I tempt fate too much with such jokes I might get trapped in layover hell in O'Hare and die from boredom.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Any day I get to discuss Marxist themes in Westerns is a good day.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

It's great MP but also populated with extremely high elo players that know every map really well.

With Love and Courage
  • Options

hahaha what

It's p funny

Pizza is pie with sauce

There's nothing wrong with dipping a calzone in sauce I do it I love it

But a calzone which is baked with sauce is weird

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

You're right, it's inaccurate, and if I tempt fate too much with such jokes I might get trapped in layover hell in O'Hare and die from boredom.

Still better than Atlanta.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

it gets more granular- 'new england' in the far northeast, some people say the bits above the carolinas are the midatlantic, the area north of california is the pacific northwest etc. but the east/northeast stops at pennsylvania.

ok but where is The South, then

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Why must we have another Mummy movie?

Thinking about getting a pepperoni pizza from Papa Murphy's tomorrow. They are only $5.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Marxist westerns? Is that where the sheriff shoots a scoundrel in his pajamas? How the scoundrel got into the sheriff's pajamas, I'll never know.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So is the Tom Cruise movie a remake of the Brenden Fraiser movie or

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1YDaSw8gDM

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Why must we have another Mummy movie?

Thinking about getting a pepperoni pizza from Papa Murphy's tomorrow. They are only $5.

Universal wants to make a cinematic universe for it's monsters.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

You have to step through a wardrobe to get to The South proper, presumably.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    x47qdyqgia6p.gif

I would like this Ziggy added to the OP.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular

I kinda hate this video. The game provides plenty of information for you to choose a spawn point as near or far from danger as you want.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

basicaly the SE minus florida and adding Oklahoma

it's definitely more complicated than that though

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

That part labeled The Southeast would probably be your best bet.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Wherever a confederate flag is flown.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

Southeast plus Texas and possibly minus Arkansas, West Virginia, and Kentucky depending on who you ask and why.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The guy at CVS asked me if I wanted to go for email receipts instead of paper.

"Sure" I said. "Wait, CVS isn't going to spam me are they?"
    "Oh, no not at all, just the receipts"
    "Ok" *enters spam email address*

I get home 15 minutes later. There are 5 emails waiting for me from CVS. One is my receipt and four are marketing.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ked i made a post about the south

there be dragons

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

Southeast plus Texas and possibly minus Arkansas, West Virginia, and Kentucky depending on who you ask and why.

honestly don't feel like Texas is the south except for maybe a little of the north east of it, and Arkansas DEFINITELY is

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

It's great MP but also populated with extremely high elo players that know every map really well.

Well, I'll have an excuse for sucking.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Bqf1gicCQAA0z9F.png

calm down guys everything is going to be ok

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Marxist westerns? Is that where the sheriff shoots a scoundrel in his pajamas? How the scoundrel got into the sheriff's pajamas, I'll never know.

The mirror routine gunfight is something.

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Wherever a confederate flag is flown.

so uh

western Mass??

• Options
    How about

how about no receipts

I don't intend to return my bottle of generic advil, thanks

• Options

basicaly the SE minus florida and adding Oklahoma

it's definitely more complicated than that though

Oklahoma isn't the south at all, though

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Suriko wrote: »

I kinda hate this video. The game provides plenty of information for you to choose a spawn point as near or far from danger as you want.

but then there would be fewer jokes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    AR, WV, and KY are definitely part of the cultural South. No question. Maaaaaaaybe WV is more like Appalachia, but it's pretty similar culturally to, say, Eastern Kentucky.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

honestly don't feel like Texas is the south except for maybe a little of the north east of it, and Arkansas DEFINITELY is

Hon

The South is the former CSA

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I may or may not have just written the words "[so-and-so frames] play products as possessing polymorphous perversity" in this chapter draft

I assume my examiners will give bonus points for imaginative alliteration

• Options
    edited December 2016

Hon

The South is the former CSA

if we're talking about the present-day cultural or culinary block of The South, that's pretty clearly not true either

Blameless Cleric on

This discussion has been closed.