As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]zza

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    us_states_map_regions_sm.jpg

it gets more granular- 'new england' in the far northeast, some people say the bits above the carolinas are the midatlantic, the area north of california is the pacific northwest etc. but the east/northeast stops at pennsylvania.

ok but where is The South, then

Southeast plus Texas and possibly minus Arkansas, West Virginia, and Kentucky depending on who you ask and why.

honestly don't feel like Texas is the south except for maybe a little of the north east of it, and Arkansas DEFINITELY is

Hon

The South is the former CSA

if we're talking about the present-day cultural or culinary block of The South, that's pretty clearly not true either

This is why I say possibly

It depends

fuck gendered marketing
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm fine just referring to everything red on this map as the South:

07_0091_05.gif

(BTW that also happens to correlate pretty damn closely with the prior CSA states and territories.)

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    of course you're going to get varying answers especially about Texas

anecdotal experiences in this regard: someone asks if I'm from the south, friend from kentucky also in the conversation says "ha! no, she's from Texas"

am eating roast with my hands since there are no steak knives, friend from NH says "well you know how southerners are about their meat"

it depends

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Victim stabbed over Yu-Gi-Oh! cards on Main Street in Stroudsburg

Yu-Gi-Oh! players being shitty. I am shocked. Just shocked.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    also @Blameless Cleric I have had three successive* Empresses of Hispania in my current CK2 game

Absolute Cognatic with maximum recognition of women rules

all I need is for these bints to be Attractive and the world would be my oyster

*a dude briefly held the title for three weeks before taking an arrow to the neck during a civil war; his sister (who had assumed she would become a nun) was crowned Empress of a divided realm

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Victim stabbed over Yu-Gi-Oh! cards on Main Street in Stroudsburg

Yu-Gi-Oh! players being shitty. I am shocked. Just shocked.

Kid enters dark alley

shadowy assailant: you just activated my trap card *STAB*

of course you're going to get varying answers especially about Texas

anecdotal experiences in this regard: someone asks if I'm from the south, friend from kentucky also in the conversation says "ha! no, she's from Texas"

am eating roast with my hands since there are no steak knives, friend from NH says "well you know how southerners are about their meat"

it depends

Funny

I'd say the same about someone from Kentucky. Those northerners! @visiblehowl

fuck gendered marketing
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    also "Blameless Cleric" I have had three successive* Empresses of Hispania in my current CK2 game

*a dude briefly held the title for three weeks before taking an arrow to the neck during a civil war; his sister (who had assumed she would become a nun) was crowned Empress of a divided realm

that's what he gets for unsettling the succession

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    also @Blameless Cleric I have had three successive* Empresses of Hispania in my current CK2 game

Sounds like you need to up-jump some attractive commoners

fuck gendered marketing
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    god, i can't stand when some uppity hick from the upper galilee comes down from lebanon's ballsack and tries to tell ME, a real citizen, that..

we need to replace our political and philosophical animuses with regional ones

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I think the main thing to remember is that "The South" is more of a cultural identity than a true geographic region, although there is a strong correlation between the identity and location.

You can find "Southern" people in all kinds of places. There are areas in California that I would say are closer to Southern in culture than Californian.

vRyue2p.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    My usual criteria for finding spouses for my first three kids in any generation usually goes:
    - is there a Genius
    - is there someone Quick
    - is there someone Attractive
    - sub-criteria: do they have a cool ethnic portrait set

later children get married off for non-aggression pacts and alliances

I'll eat a prestige hit marrying a commoner if they're Attractive and Persian

simonwolf on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I think the main thing to remember is that "The South" is more of a cultural identity than a true geographic region, although there is a strong correlation between the identity and location.

You can find "Southern" people in all kinds of places. There are areas in California that I would say are closer to Southern in culture than Californian.

Don't forget that charming part of upstate NY that has a bunch of KKK chapters and a town that seceded during the civil war and sent soldiers to fight for the confederacy.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    My usual criteria for finding spouses for my first three kids in any generation usually goes:
    - is there a Genius
    - is there someone Quick

man finding that north african prince dude a few generations ago was wicked cool

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Don't forget that charming part of upstate NY that has a bunch of KKK chapters and a town that seceded during the civil war and sent soldiers to fight for the confederacy.

Yeah, I was going to say "Even Maine has Southerners" and post that SNL skit "Maine Justice", but fucking NBC won't let any of that shit on youtube so fuck it.

vRyue2p.png
    god, i can't stand when some uppity hick from the upper galilee comes down from lebanon's ballsack and tries to tell ME, a real citizen, that..

When did anyone from galilee ever do anything worth remembering?

fuck gendered marketing
    also as time goes on in my game, it's getting harder not to inbreed without taking prestige hits, my ruler's family is in charge of most countries at this point

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

you can find confederate flags flying proudly miles away from lake erie in Ohio

which is just beautiful in the stupidity.

steam_sig.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    HjlAyTA.png

you're not wrong

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    HjlAyTA.png

yes belts go in belt loops.

i know it's hard but they are there to guide you.

steam_sig.png
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    BC u got my message right

just double checking

also as time goes on in my game, it's getting harder not to inbreed without taking prestige hits, my ruler's family is in charge of most countries at this point

MaximumHabsburg

Hmm, did the people who made up the New Testament come from Galilee?

vRyue2p.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    HjlAyTA.png

yes belts go in belt loops.

i know it's hard but they are there to guide you.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooManyBelts

There is strangely a lack of belts in FFXV.

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    ...Are there not NATO reporting names for Russian tanks or IFVs?

With Love and Courage
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    BC did you get my message also?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This might be a good time of year to try to get the last achievements I'm missing on Netflix. Finally 100% it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

Tanks use a different system that honestly sucks and is based on release year.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Maybe on my day off I will play some Pokemon  Sun  and  Moon

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    - is there a Genius
    - is there someone Quick

What if they find someone quick, attractive and a genius? Do they do rock, paper, scissors?

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »

Tanks use a different system that honestly sucks and is based on release year.

HM

Have to use my own convention and hope it doesn't sound too dumb, then.

:|

With Love and Courage
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Man Angel City is the GOAT Titanfall 1/2 map

bloodyroarxx on
    jeez, assassin's creed syndicate sure is aggressive with the intro

game launches, you hit start, 4 minutes of cutscenes, game begins with a major mission

no splash screen with difficulty, display settings w-e

I'm resting near a heat fan

This is bliss

kedinik wrote: »
    I'm resting near a heat fan

This is bliss

and then I leap outside, barefoot in my underwear, to chase the dogs that wife accidentally let out

BC u got my message right

just double checking

yes! I did :)

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Oh snap dogs

Fully singleplayer MechWarrior 5 announced, coming in 2018
    After 15 years, the first singleplayer MechWarrior game is being developed by Piranha Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A
    Announced at MechCon 2016, Piranha Games is taking MechWarrior back to its singleplayer roots with MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Slated for a 2018 release, Piranha Games president Russ Bullock took the stage to reveal the first footage of MechWarrior 5, which is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. You can watch that demo in the video above and head over to MW5mercs.com for more info.

Though details are scarce, what we do know is that MechWarrior 5 is a completely standalone singleplayer game being developed by Piranha Games using a separate team than the one currently supporting MechWarrior Online, its multiplayer-only CryEngine game that went into open beta in 2012. MechWarrior 5 will feature "intense PvE ‘Mech combat in an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice."

If you're not too familiar with the series, MechWarrior is the tactical FPS offshoot of BattleTech, where players pilot a single BattleMech and issue orders to squads (called 'lances') of AI-controlled allies. Set during the Third Succession War of 3015, MechWarrior 5 puts you in the cockpit of a "green MechWarrior mercenary" caught in the conflict by factions vying to control the Inner Sphere—the region of space surrounding Earth. True to MechWarrior, pilots won't just need to prove themselves on the battlefield but will also oversee the maintenance and enhancement of their BattleMechs. Along with the emphasis on player choice, MechWarrior 5 seems to adhere closely to the traditions established by the earlier MechWarrior games.

Aside from the demo, you can feast your eyes on the screenshots below to see what a MechWarrior game in Unreal 4 looks like. Spoiler alert: Pretty damn good. With the turn-based BattleTech strategy game coming in 2017, there's an exciting future ahead for fans of mech-on-mech combat.

Stay tuned, as I'll be bringing more coverage of MechWarrior 5 (and BattleTech) straight from MechCon.

@Jacobkosh

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.