As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]zza

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Oh snap dogs

Fully singleplayer MechWarrior 5 announced, coming in 2018
    After 15 years, the first singleplayer MechWarrior game is being developed by Piranha Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A
    Announced at MechCon 2016, Piranha Games is taking MechWarrior back to its singleplayer roots with MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Slated for a 2018 release, Piranha Games president Russ Bullock took the stage to reveal the first footage of MechWarrior 5, which is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. You can watch that demo in the video above and head over to MW5mercs.com for more info.

Though details are scarce, what we do know is that MechWarrior 5 is a completely standalone singleplayer game being developed by Piranha Games using a separate team than the one currently supporting MechWarrior Online, its multiplayer-only CryEngine game that went into open beta in 2012. MechWarrior 5 will feature "intense PvE ‘Mech combat in an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice."

If you're not too familiar with the series, MechWarrior is the tactical FPS offshoot of BattleTech, where players pilot a single BattleMech and issue orders to squads (called 'lances') of AI-controlled allies. Set during the Third Succession War of 3015, MechWarrior 5 puts you in the cockpit of a "green MechWarrior mercenary" caught in the conflict by factions vying to control the Inner Sphere—the region of space surrounding Earth. True to MechWarrior, pilots won't just need to prove themselves on the battlefield but will also oversee the maintenance and enhancement of their BattleMechs. Along with the emphasis on player choice, MechWarrior 5 seems to adhere closely to the traditions established by the earlier MechWarrior games.

Aside from the demo, you can feast your eyes on the screenshots below to see what a MechWarrior game in Unreal 4 looks like. Spoiler alert: Pretty damn good. With the turn-based BattleTech strategy game coming in 2017, there's an exciting future ahead for fans of mech-on-mech combat.

Stay tuned, as I'll be bringing more coverage of MechWarrior 5 (and BattleTech) straight from MechCon.

Jacobkosh

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

I have spent too much time in the MWO thread to build up any hype for this.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i think i got bored of assassin's creed syndicate about an hour in

the free running is so obvious and laid out for you more than in previous games- hugely apparent spars, beams, nets etc. there is no thought at all to the parkour and the enemies are placed in very obvious spots to bypass if you want

man this level design is shit

it's like if an obsessive person had access to the level editor and decided to make the neatest, most direct world possible

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    MechWarrior 5, which is being developed using Unreal Engine 4.

Nice. Graphics that finally surpass CGI.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMlJQ0G3zk4

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Oh snap dogs

Fully singleplayer MechWarrior 5 announced, coming in 2018
    After 15 years, the first singleplayer MechWarrior game is being developed by Piranha Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A
    Announced at MechCon 2016, Piranha Games is taking MechWarrior back to its singleplayer roots with MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Slated for a 2018 release, Piranha Games president Russ Bullock took the stage to reveal the first footage of MechWarrior 5, which is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. You can watch that demo in the video above and head over to MW5mercs.com for more info.

Though details are scarce, what we do know is that MechWarrior 5 is a completely standalone singleplayer game being developed by Piranha Games using a separate team than the one currently supporting MechWarrior Online, its multiplayer-only CryEngine game that went into open beta in 2012. MechWarrior 5 will feature "intense PvE ‘Mech combat in an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice."

If you're not too familiar with the series, MechWarrior is the tactical FPS offshoot of BattleTech, where players pilot a single BattleMech and issue orders to squads (called 'lances') of AI-controlled allies. Set during the Third Succession War of 3015, MechWarrior 5 puts you in the cockpit of a "green MechWarrior mercenary" caught in the conflict by factions vying to control the Inner Sphere—the region of space surrounding Earth. True to MechWarrior, pilots won't just need to prove themselves on the battlefield but will also oversee the maintenance and enhancement of their BattleMechs. Along with the emphasis on player choice, MechWarrior 5 seems to adhere closely to the traditions established by the earlier MechWarrior games.

Aside from the demo, you can feast your eyes on the screenshots below to see what a MechWarrior game in Unreal 4 looks like. Spoiler alert: Pretty damn good. With the turn-based BattleTech strategy game coming in 2017, there's an exciting future ahead for fans of mech-on-mech combat.

Stay tuned, as I'll be bringing more coverage of MechWarrior 5 (and BattleTech) straight from MechCon.

@Jacobkosh

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

but how does one apportion their time between MW5 vs Battletech?

UNEXPECTED CONUMDRUM

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    oh my god Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is plumbing new depths of fremdschamen aaauuuugggghhhhh it's like my skin is on fire

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I just rewatched The Last of Us Part II trailer and man the animation is unreal.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Balls. I completely forgot about secret sanatos this year.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    WWatching someone play the RE7 demo

jesus christ

NO NO NO NO

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

jesus christ

NO NO NO NO

play it in VR

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

jesus christ

NO NO NO NO

play it in VR

Not in a million years

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Is that noing because it's bad like RE6 or terrifying like RE1?

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Is that noing because it's bad like RE6 or terrifying like RE1?

Absolutely fucking terrifying

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Any day I get to discuss Marxist themes in Westerns is a good day.

Compañeros is hella Marxist

And possibly Il Mercenario? It's been a while so I can't remember that one very well.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    is there a new RE7 demo?

also fuck when did it become definitely morning and i should have been in bed

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    You guys were talking about the wrong food a few hours ago

It was a missed steak

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    You guys were talking about the wrong food a few hours ago

It was a missed steak

*bolt of lightning streaks you down*

Well Done!

• Options
    Did the new Persona come out?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    MechWarrior 5, which is being developed using Unreal Engine 4.

Nice. Graphics that finally surpass CGI.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMlJQ0G3zk4

Has that been used as a tagline?

Because that's a silly tagline because it will obviously never happen. If real time ever gets to the point where it equals pre-rendered then CGI will just become using real time instead. And that's not gonna happen either.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Did the new Persona come out?

Not until April of next year.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Another mech warrior to get excited about and then suck at because I am too dumb to play first person games? Awesome.

Look at the bright side kid.

You get to keep all the money.

• Options
    Brent Spiner was not very young when he played Data.

The guy is 67.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Spiner

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am decorating the tree and making mince pies. Christmas is come upon us once again.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

The guy is 67.

i reflexively held my breath when i started reading this post because 2016

steam_sig.png
  • Options

The guy is 67.

It is cool. He is not dead.

• Options

The guy is 67.

It is cool. He is not dead.

Everyone from TNG is pretty dang old. I think P Stew will be 80 soon. Somehow that show does not feel like a show from the 80s.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thinking about collecting some more of that Warehouse 13 show, but it is kind of stupid.

• Options
    Thinking about collecting some more of that Warehouse 13 show, but it is kind of stupid.

Tell me how Wynonna Earp is while your at it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So in still watching the Simpsons marathon that started over thanksgiving and dang.

While I know the production of episode 467 is way different than episode 107 the improvement has been so gradual.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Man when chu asked me what to make the OP about and I yelled "pizza" like a 5 year old I didn't predict this but I guess I should have

Hahaha yeah I don't know that you should have predicted this specifically, but absolutely an OP about pizza was going to lead to some kind of argument.

If it wasn't this, it would be toppings.

The only toppings that are unacceptable:

Steak - it gets ruined in a pizza oven! places everywhere please stop trying, its bad every time!
    Mayonaise - [quote="synda...
    Anything you'd only find on a pizza in korea - Korea your pizza privileges are revoked

@Donkey Kong even with this stub I still saw this goddamnit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    In front of me is the first cup of coffee I've seen in two days, the headache has become massive by this point.

I know that within 30 minutes of drinking this cup I will feel normal.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Looks like they have all of that Channel Zero: Candle Cove series on the SyFy site.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I think I'm ready to call Thea for game of the year (does dlc count for year finished? It does now)

Emergent storytelling in a compelling unique world. Good stuff.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Seeing Arrival tonight.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    i had dominos for dinner last night

also breakfast this morning

cgts6aT.png

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    My sister has turned into one of those facebook people that is always going on about how happy she is and how she is in love with the perfect man and how she is sooo super blessed you guys omg! And I just want to vomit all over the place every time I read something she posts god damn it I didnt raise you to be this way!!!

Neco on
  • Options
    Happy people make me fucking ill

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i think i got bored of assassin's creed syndicate about an hour in

the free running is so obvious and laid out for you more than in previous games- hugely apparent spars, beams, nets etc. there is no thought at all to the parkour and the enemies are placed in very obvious spots to bypass if you want

man this level design is shit

it's like if an obsessive person had access to the level editor and decided to make the neatest, most direct world possible

Stick with it, because the mechanics change another hour or so in in a very satisfying way that changes lines dramatically.

Also it might be the second or third best one of those games made (brotherhood, syndicate, black flag is my ordering though I can easily see people shuffle those around).

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    But for real that "im so blessed" shit is a pox

This discussion has been closed.