As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]zza

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm fine just referring to everything red on this map as the South:

07_0091_05.gif

(BTW that also happens to correlate pretty damn closely with the prior CSA states and territories.)

I know that's from the CDC, but that seems to me like it's far too binary to be accurate. I've got a cousin who coordinates rural poverty programs - Michigan should not look like that, especially the upper peninsula.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honestly though I did not know that calzone was not considered pizza. It's always been just another model of pizza to me.

PSN: Honkalot
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2016
    Honk wrote: »
    Honestly though I did not know that calzone was not considered pizza. It's always been just another model of pizza to me.

Do you think that burritos are just another mode of taco, or a different bit of mexican food?

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    syndalis wrote: »

Do you consider a burrito a taco?

Not really I guess. But like a calzone is just a pizza and you close it.

I only consider hard shell tacos tacos, everything with a soft bread is a burrito to me. Calzone and pizzas are the same thing but mildly differently handled in the final cooking step.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

Some nice upgrades on the UI and graphics from MWO. And I thought the base gameplay in MWO was fantastic. Enough to get a few hundred hours out of it.

Give it to me. 2017. Year of the Battletech.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I only consider hard shell tacos tacos, everything with a soft bread is a burrito to me. Calzone and pizzas are the same thing but mildly differently handled in the final cooking step.

Calzones should not have any sauce, the cheese-based binding is a blend of mozzarella, ricotta and egg, bread density is different...

Like, it uses a similar toppings with cheese and bread motif, but they require different prep skills, different cooking times, different everything else.

SW-4158-3990-6116

Calzones should not have any sauce, the cheese-based binding is a blend of mozzarella, ricotta and egg, bread density is different...

Like, it uses a similar toppings with cheese and bread motif, but they require different prep skills, different cooking times, different everything else.

Huh there was more to it than I thought then, I just thought they folded it over itself basically.

(I've never tried calzone)

which is funny, because the soft shell, open faced that you fold yourself, is the "traditional" taco.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Some nice upgrades on the UI and graphics from MWO. And I thought the base gameplay in MWO was fantastic. Enough to get a few hundred hours out of it.

the walking around in the mechbay thing is awesome. there is so much potential there

919UOwT.png
    I also learned here that carbonara shouldn't have cream in it. That also seemed silly because I tried both now and cream is better.

Also that you shouldn't use the whole egg, but like why waste half of the egg. It's not like only half of the egg tastes good or anything.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

the walking around in the mechbay thing is awesome. there is so much potential there

I won't get my hopes too high. MWO is fun. But also kind of run by idiots.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2016
    I also learned here that carbonara shouldn't have cream in it. That also seemed silly because I tried both now and cream is better.

Also that you shouldn't use the whole egg, but like why waste half of the egg. It's not like only half of the egg tastes good or anything.

I am 100% fine with eschewing traditions to make something better or different, so long as you own it and not try to claim it is a thing it is not.

Alfredo and bacon is fucking delicious and I love it, but it isn't carbonara.

edit: generally you want 2 yolks to every 1 egg white when making carbonara. Makes it fattier and creamier.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Egg yolks have different properties from egg whites.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I am watching the hip hop documentary on netflix and they just talked about the young lords, a puerto rican group/gang in ny in the 70s

I wrote about them in grad school!

I should go back and get my phd and write exclusively about hip hop

I'll call it carbonara2.0.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular

This is actually the opposite
    Couscous wrote: »

Egg yolks have different properties from egg whites.

Yolks have a CON of 14
    Whites only have a CON of 3

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Like, the joke about taco bell is that they have 15-20 ingredients in their kitchen, and 500 menu items.

But we don't call the burrito a taco or a quesadila. Preparation makes a different dish

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    that fucking game

i love football

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I can't decide if I want a burrito or a calzone for lunch now

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    don't even get me started on the difference between a calzone and a stromboli and the restaurant here i like but doesn't know the difference so just makes calzones for both

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

fill a calzone with seasoned ground beef, jalapenos, swap the mozz for jack, dip in guac and/or sour cream

SW-4158-3990-6116

Go to Taco Bell
    Get a burrito
    Go to Pizza Hut
    Ask them to bake your burrito into a calzone

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I am watching the hip hop documentary on netflix and they just talked about the young lords, a puerto rican group/gang in ny in the 70s

I wrote about them in grad school!

I should go back and get my phd and write exclusively about hip hop

Then when someone tries to talk about some wack rhymes you can push your glasses up the bridge of your nose and say, "Well, as a Doctor of Fresh Beats Studies,"

fill a calzone with seasoned ground beef, jalapenos, swap the mozz for jack, dip in guac and/or sour cream

We are the woooooorld :whistle:
    We are the childreeeeen :whistle:

desc wrote: »

We are the woooooorld :whistle:
    We are the childreeeeen :whistle:

Something something something better day something something something something

Or brighter day

I know I won't sleep at all tonight at this point. I needed to cut together an animation over the weekend and I am still working on getting the movement of the final CG clip right. It just does not work so far, seemingly randomly, and the process of changing settings to finding out if I fixed it or not takes about 1,5 hours due to lackluster hardware.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Knowing the Ledge: I Guess I Didn't

A Hodgeheg's Exploration of Hip Hop Culture

Drez wrote: »

Go to Taco Bell
    Get a burrito
    Go to Pizza Hut

Or go to a combination Taco Bell and Pizza Hut and do it at the same place.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    watching michael che's special

it is fucking good

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov

Go to Taco Bell
    Get a burrito
    Go to Pizza Hut

This efficiency ...

Go to Taco Bell
    Get a burrito
    Go to Pizza Hut

and if you want to confuse things further, throw some KFC extra crispy popcorn nuggets in there too for texture

SW-4158-3990-6116
    taco bell breakfast is a perfect C+

i think their hashbrown is breaded with crushed corn tortilla

nice touch

Now I have a weird craving for taco bell

it's not weird

trust your feelings

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desk you should watch this, its pretty rad

grandmaster flash on the screen, showing how he used to mark the beginning of the break beat on a record with a crayon line, then count the number of turns as it moved past the record needle so he could spin it back to the start

0tjmi6pvixgr.png

Google, realizing their weird emoji blob experiment was a mistake, goes back to the Apple-like designs.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    aww i liked the emoji blobs

I should make some candied bacon for something I am making later, but I will eat it before then if I make it now.

Chanus wrote: »

it's not weird

trust your feelings

No

My feelings sometimes tell me I want a two cheeseburger meal from mcdonalds

This is why puritans learned to button up their feelings: for their own good

This discussion has been closed.