As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]zza

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Penis with a police hat, penis holding a rose in the "mouth", penis "sweating", penis handing out kleenex.

PSN: Honkalot
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Now I have a weird craving for taco bell

it's not weird

trust your feelings

No

My feelings sometimes tell me I want a two cheeseburger meal from mcdonalds

This is why puritans learned to button up their feelings: for their own good

yeah look where that got them

80% dying from preventable disease

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    0tjmi6pvixgr.png

Google, realizing their weird emoji blob experiment was a mistake, goes back to the Apple-like designs.

What fuck the dancing blob is GENIUS

are you kidding me?

Android blobs rule

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Penis with a police hat, penis holding a rose in the "mouth", penis "sweating", penis handing out kleenex.

sounds like a fun night

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    there's the Jim Gaffigan bit where he points out all mexican food is basically the same five ingredients organized differently

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Now I have a weird craving for taco bell

it's not weird

trust your feelings

No

My feelings sometimes tell me I want a two cheeseburger meal from mcdonalds

This is why puritans learned to button up their feelings: for their own good

Next, there'd be dancing

*shudder*

aww i liked the emoji blobs

I've never owned an android but I'm mad about this

The blobs were awesome

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I have to make my way across town this morning, but my journey starts with passing a McDonalds, a Tim Hortons, and a Wendys, all in quicj succession.

Be strong, Narwhal ...

Atomika wrote: »
    there's the Jim Gaffigan bit where he points out all mexican food is basically the same five ingredients organized differently

my favorite is people who "well, actually" that bit

no you're wrong and jim gaffigan is right, i'm sorry

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    my boobs are kinda in my way today

i'm okay with this

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I have to make my way across town this morning, but my journey starts with passing a McDonalds, a Tim Hortons, and a Wendys, all in quicj succession.

Be strong, Narwhal ...

dipping your egg mcmuffin into a coffee thats now a frosty mocha

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    gaffigan doing a bit about food?

i'm shocked

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

Well I'm not really sure what I've missed around here lately, but I'll just assume this sums it up nicely.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    0tjmi6pvixgr.png

Google, realizing their weird emoji blob experiment was a mistake, goes back to the Apple-like designs.

are you kidding me?

Android blobs rule

Google didn't think so.

Some are fun and expressive, but many are confusing for their intent in a way that the more literal Apple ones are not.

Also, they are doing the skin color picker thing too, so you can have brown people in professions.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...

This post is a Freudian train wreck

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Isn't that going to accurately describe most regional food developed before the 20th century?

Flush pocket

Maya fluids though. I can't use low resolution simulation because it looks bad as the final result. I can't use low resolution to test because that actually changes the fluid behavior completely. So for the tests I have to use my end resolution to see at all how the movement will be.

It's frustrating as hell.

Six wrote: »
    Flush pocket

nice flop, show me the turn

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I know Im not hip and with it but I cant for the life of me figure out what kiddoroar sees in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1AvhoH3AA

Maya fluids though. I can't use low resolution simulation because it looks bad as the final result. I can't use low resolution to test because that actually changes the fluid behavior completely. So for the tests I have to use my end resolution to see at all how the movement will be.

have you tried fundamentally altering the laws of physics

I had the look down 2 hours ago but a problem with the container caused it to not travel with the emitter and the particles were cut off. To change the auto resizing I had to change the simulation which also changed the look.

Solving one problem causes another repeat infinitely.

0tjmi6pvixgr.png

are you kidding me?

Android blobs rule

Google didn't think so.

Some are fun and expressive, but many are confusing for their intent in a way that the more literal Apple ones are not.

Also, they are doing the skin color picker thing too, so you can have brown people in professions.

Blobs > people

there's no way to tell your friend his beard makes him look like paul giamatti in a way where you can stay friends right?

have you tried fundamentally altering the laws of physics

Not fundamentally, although the gravity is 4.9m/s² so that's something at least.

As a blob myself, I don't like this de-blobization of Amerca.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Solving one problem causes another repeat infinitely.

This happens to me a lot when I'm designing rockets, leading to a vehicle 3 times larger than it needs to be.

Sometimes I have to walk away and come back a few days later for everything to fall into place.

I know Im not hip and with it but I cant for the life of me figure out what kiddoroar sees in this

the internet was definitely a mistake

Six wrote: »
    As a blob myself, I don't like this de-blobization of Amerca.

Representation matters ;_;

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    the android emoji blobs were the only thing that made sense in this goddamned crazy mixed-up world

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin

do you not even know about the three shells?

edited December 2016
    It looks sort of okay in this iteration that I'm caching right now. APART from where it cuts off drawing in inside a perfectly square area. There is no logical explanation for that cut off area, nor for it being perfectly aligned relative to my screen pixel lines.

SO I'm thinking that that non-draw area is the machine not having the capacity to compute and to output what's going on to me over RDP and it's just a temporary glitch.

Aaaaaand I'll find out whether that was the case in about an hour soonest.

Honk on
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Biggest loss of Google standardizing their emoji was this guy:
    16e83c8c154eb401cf44473d172f60d2.png

[img]http://emoji pedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/55/a0/55a051344bcb3301a74d3ce7cb5b4d04.png[/img]

So much expressiveness lost. The weird ancillary ones becoming more normal is fine. They still look better than apples at least.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    year end lists are starting to pop up

*luxuriates deeply*

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

It's just Fnaffing around.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Broar, that loop doesn't even loop cleanly.

i am judging you harshly on that.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

This is basically just Candle Cove I think

You're gonna get murdered by stuffed animatronics

there's no way to tell your friend his beard makes him look like paul giamatti in a way where you can stay friends right?

People have said this to me before and I hadn't realized it was an opportunity to defriend them.

Hmm

year end lists are starting to pop up

*luxuriates deeply*

i heard you like lists

http://yearendlists.com/

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    0tjmi6pvixgr.png

are you kidding me?

Android blobs rule

Google didn't think so.

I'm going to go ahead and say that the so-called 'literal' apple emojis are anything but

E.g., the last two emojis in that image - they are the "bowing and asking forgiveness" and "info desk lady" but to white people they mean [I don't even know what the fuck white people think that third emoji means] and "sassy white girl"

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
This discussion has been closed.