As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]zza

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    incest

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Final Fantasy XV, Last Guardian, you know what this means....
    H A L F L I F E 3 JANUARY 1ST 2017

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    That's a good point, I do wonder if people can just run into the amazon store and steal everything. Maybe products are behind a case and you swipe your whatever to authorize it on your account?

Basically how long will it take people to figure out how to steal everything

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    They got rid of all the self checkouts at the Safeway I walk to. It can be annoying for like buying one thing and having to wait in line.

Whoa. This is the first I've heard of a self checkout being taken out. D:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    the sadest part is SKFM had made promises about what he would do once we got to 110

And we will never see its like

~rip~

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    incest

Colossal pillar of?

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    also that thing is like... definitely NSFW

no "semi" about it

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    They got rid of all the self checkouts at the Safeway I walk to. It can be annoying for like buying one thing and having to wait in line.

Has to do with the whole credit card reader swap over. The old ones couldn't be upgraded they said so they have to replace them.

Its been 4 months or something.

Its also a union store. Big sign when you walk in. So who knows.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Human interaction is a blight. I long for the post-scarcity Mormon afterlife in which we each get our own planet populated by nanobots that cater to our every whim

Very Star Trek.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Self checkout is bad and ought feel bad, if you are buying > 3 items they are a worse experience in everyway and ought be present accordingly - there ought be 2 and that's it

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Old lady, then young dad, then old man who cut in line needed air at gas station. They were taking forever. As the dad took the air for a second time as I parked, he apologized that the station sucked so much.

All three of them missed the fact they had unscrewed the nozzle.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    That's a good point, I do wonder if people can just run into the amazon store and steal everything. Maybe products are behind a case and you swipe your whatever to authorize it on your account?

Tagged and probably cameras.

So not only will it take pictures of you, it will know everything you stole and didn't pay for. Very big brother like.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I swear I remember reading that you check outs are harder on cashiers because most people who use them are morons.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

You can already do this with normal retail.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ok so new Prey sounds RAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QCR6nOPOLc
    -You can play female or male, mostly cosmetic, but some characters may react differently.

-Talos I is roughly the size of the Empire state Building

-Free reign to explore Talos I, the interior and exterior. One giant interconnected mission.

-There are locked off areas/natural barriers that require you to find a code, voice, restore power, etc to unlock.

-Elevator that takes you to all the decks, but its broken. So you need to figure out how to fix it before you can use it.

-There are areas accessible from the start, but travelling there low level isnt a great idea.

-'System Shock meets Super Metroid' - Game Informer. Arkane says its a fair analogy.

-Side quests are scattered around the station.

-Metroid Prime esque scanning to find enemy weakness, etc.

-More RPG elements compared to previous Arkane games. Fire arm skills, Repair skills, etc.

-Inventory grid

-Status ailments such as third degree burns, concussions. Similar to mgs3, there are penalties for trauma that you need to tend to.

-You gain powers through use of neuromods, which were originally sold to the human population to augment themselves, but The player can use them to gain Alien powers as well.

-Psi mode. You can look around freely, but time moves forward when you move. Sounds superhot inspired.

-Acquiring Alien abilities makes you appear more alien to Talos I's security system, turning defense turrets that would normally fight for you against you.

-Talos I has fallen victim to an Alien outbreak that it was built to contain.

-Poltergiest Typhon behaves how it sounds.

-Mimic can disguise itself as anything in the environment that isn't bolted down. Player can get this power too.

-Telepath posess people. You can simply kill this person, stun them or find the telepath and kill it to set them free.

-Incapacitating people is temporary, unlike in Dishonored.

-Typhon dubbed 'Nightmare' hunts you down through Talos I. Closest comparison might be Nemesis or the Alien in Alien Isolation.

-The more neuromods you use the more likely the Nightmare will become aware of you.

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Has to do with the whole credit card reader swap over. The old ones couldn't be upgraded they said so they have to replace them.

Its been 4 months or something.

Its also a union store. Big sign when you walk in. So who knows.

Oh man that reminds me of when I worked at Barnes and Noble. A bunch of the card readers got compromised so they took them all out. We could still take cards by swiping them ourselves, but the pinpad with swipe no longer worked. This made a lot of people very very upset. Especially the people who didn't want me to touch their card for whatever reason.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    On Page 111

Narwhal Nudes

Human interaction is a blight. I long for the post-scarcity Mormon afterlife in which we each get our own planet populated by nanobots that cater to our every whim

but physical effort is a greater blight

a human operated checkout means I don't have to use my arms as much

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

sexy nanobots that let you have super sex

They moistly come out at night, moistly.

You can already do this with normal retail.

Yeah but there are no humans there to yell/chase/call the cops on you

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »

sexy nanobots that let you have super sex

Presumably you would just have a cocoon of nanobots over-stimulating your prostate 24/7

*shudders in agony and ecstasy desu*

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Human interaction is a blight.

uu1hh37tt1rk.gif

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So they're making a prey sequel again huh

I still don't understand how they're using that name and how it's at all connected to the first and why they'd abandon the native american spiritualism stuff as that was just as much a part of the game as any of the gimmicks along with it

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    incest

when you write it like this it's even worse

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    On Page 111

Narwhal Nudes

I asked for these yesterday you son of a bitch

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I would be pretty happy if they managed to tie the new prey into the old one's ending somehow but I doubt that's possible. The Sphere/Mother was pretty rad.
    But it got flown into the sun so...

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

a human operated checkout means I don't have to use my arms as much

yeah but then you have to deal with judgy teenagers judging your purchases.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

I still don't understand how they're using that name and how it's at all connected to the first and why they'd abandon the native american spiritualism stuff as that was just as much a part of the game as any of the gimmicks along with it

a) aliens.

But the real reason is simple its a really fantastic one word name for a game.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    On Page 111

Narwhal Nudes
    is this to tempt us or threaten us

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    RhizomaticDatabaseIncest

guys I need to do PhD work today send help

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    On Page 111

Narwhal Nudes

qvk7yarjz0ta.jpg

Ludious wrote: »

Also Prey was only okay and why does everyone love it so much

is it blue oyster cult's fault

Balls to the (nar)wall chat

gigantic pillar of incest

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I won't lie a lot of my appreciation of prey is based entirely around the fact that don't fear the reaper is an outstanding and timeless track and they naaaaaaailed it with using it in the intro.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    On Page 111

Narwhal Nudes

I asked for these yesterday you son of a bitch

Worth the wait, babe

YOGRK6U.png

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    guys I need to do PhD work today send help
    does anyone 'need' to do anything

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    On Page 111

Narwhal Nudes

qvk7yarjz0ta.jpg