As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]zza

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The best thing in Westworld is there is a crackshot gunslinging outlaw whose name is Armistice and she is AWESOME

Apothe0sis on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Self check-outs are an awkward sort of half-measure as far as automation goes.

I kind of expect retail automation to head to a place where customers walk into what amounts to a lobby, select what they want on a screen and then have the good delivered to their spot in the lobby. Or, if a lobby can't realistically provide enough outputs, just have them all be stations attached to the building exterior.

The internals of the store basically acts as a glorified vending machine.

Or maybe we do away with big stores altogether and just have smaller vending locations everywhere.

Or maybe we just burn everything down in WWIII and everyone goes back to subsistence farming.

With Love and Courage
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    "aliens" isn't really like...what prey was about

Prey was about a fucked up alien invasion humanity didn't even have a prayer of a chance of surviving and one dude going on a fucked up spirit quest in the process

also weird shrinking growing portal stuff

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Armastice!

(she is also the blonde lady on the anime poster)

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    On Page 111

Narwhal Nudes
    is this to tempt us or threaten us

Yes

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    sweet jesus every time I look at that narwhal hulk hogan image i laugh so hard i cry

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    let's just go back to automats why not.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    it's armistice you gwai lo

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    guys I need to do PhD work today send help
    does anyone 'need' to do anything

No

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Also the song wasn't the best part about the intro to prey it was Art Bell's live broadcasting of the apocalypse

redx wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Human interaction is a blight. I long for the post-scarcity Mormon afterlife in which we each get our own planet populated by nanobots that cater to our every whim

but physical effort is a greater blight

a human operated checkout means I don't have to use my arms as much

yeah but then you have to deal with judgy teenagers judging your purchases.

SILENCE, BAG SLAVE!

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    posting in historical [chat] to be cool.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

I kind of expect retail automation to head to a place where customers walk into what amounts to a lobby, select what they want on a screen and then have the good delivered to their spot in the lobby. Or, if a lobby can't realistically provide enough outputs, just have them all be stations attached to the building exterior.

Or maybe we do away with big stores altogether and just have smaller vending locations everywhere.

Or maybe we just burn everything down in WWIII and everyone goes back to subsistence farming.

You'll lose a lot of money on impluse buying from people walking the isles.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    simonwolf wrote: »
    it's armistice you gwai lo

gdi

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

but Amazon can't manage order fulfillment without an army of poorly paid people to get stuff from shelves, and i am picky about produce.

also, how would i min/max my diary product expiry dates?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Prey had a damn good demo. That's for sure.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    We should talk about something wholesome, like which Hearthstone streamer should take off his shirt.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

Is... she intentionally drawn in the low budget, never showing the eyes style?

I ate an engineer
    Mortious wrote: »

You'll lose a lot of money on impluse buying from people walking the isles.

nah, you just flash big adverts across the screen all the time for SPECIAL DEALS and shit

With Love and Courage
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    dT2K3h5.gif

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

show's about high school boys, not girls

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    you could even take advantage of the fact that nobody knows how to use computers and create a bunch of pre-bundled garbage, filled with your highest margin items, and label it with a big 'CLICK HERE TO BUY ALL OF YOUR GROCERIES REAL SIMPLE RIGHT NOW' button.

With Love and Courage
    But I guess I shouldn't be surprised they'd white wash one of the few non white hero FPS's out there

yeah I said it

playing a native american dude named Tommy was cool

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

The Sia.
    The Shermie?
    kbydky25rbid.jpg

its done to delineate the difference between "main" characters and bit characters i assume

that or the mangaka was lazy

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    this history of hip hop show on netflix is p great

can i have just an endless supply of music documentaries?

but not that behind the music tabloid style shit

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

show's about high school boys, not girls

Woah

This just gave me an idea for a really racist gameshow!

... I'm not gonna share my idea with you guys.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    this history of hip hop show on netflix is p great

can i have just an endless supply of music documentaries?

but not that behind the music tabloid style shit

have you watched the muscle shoals documentary? is very good!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    But I guess I shouldn't be surprised they'd white wash one of the few non white hero FPS's out there

yeah I said it

Its in our nature to give them things and then take them back for ourselves.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Ludious wrote: »

yeah I said it

I can't remember if Tommy lived or died at the end of the first game.
    The girlfriend croaked, though. That was a hilarious boss fight.

emnmnme on
    edited December 2016

but Amazon can't manage order fulfillment without an army of poorly paid people to get stuff from shelves, and i am picky about produce.

don't worry, you can still go to your old tyme grocer, just like my step-dad still goes to the human teller at the bank and my mother still goes to the bakery

:+1:

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    IGNORE THAT IRISHMAN

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

don't worry, you can still go to your old tyme grocer, just like my step-dad still goes to the human teller at the bank and my mother still goes to the bakery

:+1:

actual bakeries are pretty magic and boutique butchershops

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

I can list at least twenty of the most ancient chat traditions that are just out the effing window now

Did you just get off the phone with Taiwan too

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The one true [chat] will be chosen by Geth. Thus, it is written.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited December 2016
    the divine right of [chat] is the doctrine that chat OPs derive their authority from Geth, not their subjects, from which it follows that rebellion is the worst of forum crimes

I name you usurper

simonwolf on
This discussion has been closed.