As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pushups, Situps and plenty of [Chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    a girl just walked past me in the office

she had a sparkly dangly bauble, about the size of a dime, attached to her skirt, right in the centre of her posterior.

lol

that's like when you're at a play party and one of the subs is wearing a buttplug with a jewel at the end

My brain just went...

You had some uh interesting after parties.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    heh. schooly d only agreed to do an interview if they brought him a cake

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

she had a sparkly dangly bauble, about the size of a dime, attached to her skirt, right in the centre of her posterior.

lol

but what does it mean, ronya

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i never see ankle bracelets anymore

did they have a stereotype attached

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Whelp so has it ended.

Also I didn't realize Iron-Blooded Orphans season two started.

Its giant mecha. I can work with that.

I'm like 3/4th of the way through the first season. It's pretty ok for gundam. but, gundam generally isn't all prone to doing the things I love about anime. It's never made me cry, for instance, and I am kinda a blubbering little bitch when it comes to anime.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i never see ankle bracelets anymore

did they have a stereotype attached

house arrest

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    so i'm in a parking lot, waiting to make a right turn down a corridor. i'm waiting because someone who was coming towards me has already turned his long ass suv essentially sideways, preparing to make a left down that same corridor. there's no way for me to go straight or right. the cars that were behind this guy are driving up with their right wheels on the curb to get past. i'm waiting. i'm waiting. i figure he's trying to snatch the spot of someone who's about to back out from one of the first few spots. it's not happening so i crane my head extra hard, see a car that indeed has its lights on... but it's empty. no one in the driver's seat. i turn on my hazards and walk over to the suv and tell him this car just left its lights on. he sheepishly thanks me and finishes his turn.

no matter that i had to wait a couple minutes and expose myself to the cold. those tapas have put me in an un-ruinable mood.

if Hillary had promised the return of Witness Me she would have energized the youth vote and won

you can't dismiss my armchair quarterbacking because you know it's right

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

lol

it means "look at my butt"

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    desc if i ever get pregnant will you go to lamaze with me

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    We deserve Trump.

HRC is the candidate [chat] deserves, but... not the one it needs right now?

No wait.

That doesn't work.

In fact that whole Dark Knight quote doesn't make any sense at all.

Yes.

What the HELL is it saying?

EDIT: Fuck this post I am an idiot and am not thinking clearly.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    desc if i ever get pregnant will you go to lamaze with me

i'll count the breaths but I won't like do them with you

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

lol

Did she look like one of those rap guys girlfriends?

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    okay RPing a trump media spokesperson is like playing FATAL "ironically" and I can't do it

hmm didn't get that one, let's ask google...
    F.A.T.A.L., which has been called "the date rape RPG, without dating" and has a stat for a character's "anal circumference"

DiB7YJk.jpg

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    this is a chatvesty of justice

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    okay RPing a trump media spokesperson is like playing FATAL "ironically" and I can't do it

hmm didn't get that one, let's ask google...
    F.A.T.A.L., which has been called "the date rape RPG, without dating" and has a stat for a character's "anal circumference"

DiB7YJk.jpg

invoking it in regard to other rpgs is basically a Godwin in most circles

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Sega...
    Stories International is producing film and television projects based on Sega game franchises, including “Shinobi” with Marc Platt, “Golden Axe,” “Virtua Fighter,” “The House of the Dead,” and “Crazy Taxi.” It said Monday that it is in the process of partnering with major studios, producers, and filmmakers to co-develop adaptations of these properties as English-language feature films and television series for worldwide release.

Hm, if only there was something else that Sega could do with these game IPs

I can't imagine what it could be

Nope, Golden Axe TV show it is

• Options
    the date rape RPG, without dating

goddamnit

i'll never be as good at anything as the person is who wrote that

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    We deserve Trump.

HRC is the candidate [chat] deserves, but... not the one it needs right now?

No wait.

That doesn't work.

In fact that whole Dark Knight quote doesn't make any sense at all.

Yes.

What the HELL is it saying?

Well, like... they deserve batman. But they need... Harvey Dent? The dead guy who went completely psycho because his gf died?

Yeah I guess they needed him. Instead of batman.

Whom they deserved.

:|

it's saying the people of gotham are awful and they deserve a hero that will go around and kill all the people in charge of gotham's democratically elected government.

but it needs a scapegoat it's people can blame all their problems on so they ignore how awful they are as people who elect people.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am renaming this Gundam to Gundam:Child Soldiers are the cool again.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    so i'm in a parking lot, waiting to make a right turn down a corridor. i'm waiting because someone who was coming towards me has already turned his long ass suv essentially sideways, preparing to make a left down that same corridor. there's no way for me to go straight or right. the cars that were behind this guy are driving up with their right wheels on the curb to get past. i'm waiting. i'm waiting. i figure he's trying to snatch the spot of someone who's about to back out from one of the first few spots. it's not happening so i crane my head extra hard, see a car that indeed has its lights on... but it's empty. no one in the driver's seat. i turn on my hazards and walk over to the suv and tell him this car just left its lights on. he sheepishly thanks me and finishes his turn.

no matter that i had to wait a couple minutes and expose myself to the cold. those tapas have put me in an un-ruinable mood.

Did you try and find the person who left their lights on?

Or did you just leave them to come back to a flat battery and then die in the cold?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire at Walmart for $28.

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

Did you try and find the person who left their lights on?

Or did you just leave them to come back to a flat battery and then die in the cold?

sorry i was on my way home and it's hugely busy in the store so he could ask for a jump if he needed it

he said, very ayn randishly

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    919UOwT.png
  • Options

goddamnit

FATAL is literally that: it sold itself as the 'adult' swords & sorcery game that has sex stuff in it!

But it doesn't. There are no rules in the game involving any kind of consensual sex or courtship. Just rape. Lots & lots of rape.

:-1:

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

goddamnit

FATAL is literally that: it sold itself as the 'adult' swords & sorcery game that has sex stuff in it!

But it doesn't. There are no rules in the game involving any kind of consensual sex or courtship. Just rape. Lots & lots of rape.

Ow the Edge.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    B0ilF88l.jpg

• Options

lol

Ronya, butt inspector

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

goddamnit

Also like just

I have had sex in... ok now thinking about it I don't know if I've ever played an RPG where I didn't have sex

BUT NEVERMIND THAT SUDDEN REALIZATION, my point is you know someone who's like "we need sex mechanics in our game!" is not working quite right because you basically never need mechanics for a thing people can just do, and courtship with PCs needs basically zero rules and courtship with NPCs largely just need dialogue and maybe influence rules.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    possibly a fancy zipper pull?

redx on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    plus ten charisma

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

goddamnit

Also like just

I have had sex in... ok now thinking about it I don't know if I've ever played an RPG where I didn't have sex

BUT NEVERMIND THAT SUDDEN REALIZATION, my point is you know someone who's like "we need sex mechanics in our game!" is not working quite right because you basically never need mechanics for a thing people can just do, and courtship with PCs needs basically zero rules and courtship with NPCs largely just need dialogue and maybe influence rules.

Yeah, stuff like that doesn't *need* granular rules since it's... talking with someone and trying to convince them to sleep with you! You don't need dice for that.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    B0ilF88l.jpg

I ain't wearin no gunny sack

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am making Hamburger Helper Deluxe Beef Stroganoff.

• Options
    also pls forgive my execrable sexism, but i just saw the most 34-year-old-mom-on-facebook exchange of all time

woman posts in local buy/sell/trade group, 'mom of 2, babyproofed home, cpr licensed, etc. looking to babysit. 30 bucks per day per kid. please feel free to come and talk with me, inspect my home etc.'

one of the responses is someone tagging another person, saying 'hey look, this woman could babysit jaden'. and then after a linebreak, the commenter says to the OP: 'btw if you're looking to babysit more than two kids from two different families, you'll need a license. i recently did this and you'd have to do xyz steps'

OP responds, fuck this made me laugh

excuse me but i was asking for leads, not for advice : )

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

goddamnit

Also like just

Yeah, stuff like that doesn't *need* granular rules since it's... talking with someone and trying to convince them to sleep with you! You don't need dice for that.

This explains why my system of throwing dice at women has failed to get me laid.

*throws escape dice at Orphane*

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

speak for yourself mr smooth sexer

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    milski wrote: »

goddamnit

Also like just

This explains why my system of throwing dice at women has failed to get me laid.

*throws escape dice at Orphane*

I mean maybe you just need the right women

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

When I play Wisher Theurgist Fatalist, everybody has sex.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ok now thinking about it I don't know if I've ever played an RPG where I didn't have sex

What did you do to Tifa in that Ferris Wheel??

• Options

goddamnit

Ow the Edge.

To some extent I would welcome an RPG that included sections on courtship & sexuality, and especially ones that explore uncharted gaming territory around that subject (like the fact that courtship is more often than not a disaster! Almost all games operate on an assumption that dating is almost always successful - which is okay in the sense that games typically want to facilitate a fantasy, but also something of a shame because there is a lot of worthwhile narrative / discussion to be had when it comes to topics like rejection, break-ups, infidelity, falling out of love, etc.

With Love and Courage
This discussion has been closed.