As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pushups, Situps and plenty of [Chat]

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    63zIhEN.jpg
    wkThSqp.jpg

That guy looks like a mix of javier bardiem, justin trudeau, and yes, classic sly stallone

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Atomika if it makes you feel any better I was about to sit down and chat with y'all but I had Krystal cause they just opened one by the house and now I have to go poop first.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    the date rape RPG, without dating

goddamnit

i'll never be as good at anything as the person is who wrote that

FATAL is literally that: it sold itself as the 'adult' swords & sorcery game that has sex stuff in it!

But it doesn't. There are no rules in the game involving any kind of consensual sex or courtship. Just rape. Lots & lots of rape.

:-1:

Ow the Edge.

To some extent I would welcome an RPG that included sections on courtship & sexuality, and especially ones that explore uncharted gaming territory around that subject (like the fact that courtship is more often than not a disaster! Almost all games operate on an assumption that dating is almost always successful - which is okay in the sense that games typically want to facilitate a fantasy, but also something of a shame because there is a lot of worthwhile narrative / discussion to be had when it comes to topics like rejection, break-ups, infidelity, falling out of love, etc.

Are you talking video games or P&P?

Both.

And I should say that, yes, I agree you clearly don't need dice mechanics for that - but games that want to include more of this material as part of their setting & culture info, IMHO, would be quite welcome (I suppose now that I think about it, Monsterhearts does this quite well).

Hrm

I think that games need to start prioritizing relationships to have that happen, P&P wise (like, in a not-indie way).

HOWEVER also re: video games, while I don't think it really would be nice to have to deal with unexpected infidelity in a game where you want a fantasy, I think games are getting much better at displaying complex relationships as of late, so that's pretty neat.

Well, as an example of what I mean (and see as fairly typical):

In the Sims, when you want a partner for your household, you just go pick one. The game is very good at not judging whom you want as a partner, whether you want multiple partners, etc... but the experience is one-sided. The person you pick will never say no, will never be the one to initiate a break-up, introduces no unwanted complexity into what the game labels a relationship. And, hey, it's a silly fantasy game - that's fine.

But almost every game does this if they include any sort of dating mechanics. I can't think of one that doesn't.

It doesn't strike me as some sort of moral imperative to present a more nuanced look at relationships in games, but I do think it's a pity that either nobody or next to nobody has felt this was territory worth looking at.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    http://www.theonion.com/article/john-kerry-throws-vine-over-pit-quicksand-save-chi-54818
    PANGSAU, MYANMAR—Thinking quickly to thwart disaster as he ventured deep into the Myanmar rainforest to meet with State Councilor Aung San Suu Kyi, Secretary of State John Kerry threw a vine over a pit of quicksand to save the life of his 12-year-old Moroccan companion, Drumstick, sources confirmed Monday. “Grab on, kid!” said Kerry, flinging the makeshift lifeline he had hacked off a tree with his machete to the rapidly sinking boy, an orphan who reportedly has tagged along with the American diplomat ever since helping him escape from Marrakesh police in 2013 via a series of hidden backstreets. “For a minute there, I thought I was going to lose you. I don’t know what I would’ve done with all that peace and quiet.” According to sources, the incident marks Drumstick’s closest brush with death since riding in a runaway mine cart in South Africa last year.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Thought:
    I wish I had saved the processors from every one of the main computers I've owned. I'd make a display for them. The hearts of my departed technological children.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Just do what good Apocalypse Engine games do and have character-specific sex moves

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    In fairness, this Thai curry pizza is fucking legit, so shut your shit, brain

EXPLAIN

Garlic and olive oil, no red sauce, Roma tomatoes, basil, sautéed onions, spicy yellow curry chicken, diced cucumber

L
    E
    G
    I
    T

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    also pls forgive my execrable sexism, but i just saw the most 34-year-old-mom-on-facebook exchange of all time

woman posts in local buy/sell/trade group, 'mom of 2, babyproofed home, cpr licensed, etc. looking to babysit. 30 bucks per day per kid. please feel free to come and talk with me, inspect my home etc.'

one of the responses is someone tagging another person, saying 'hey look, this woman could babysit jaden'. and then after a linebreak, the commenter says to the OP: 'btw if you're looking to babysit more than two kids from two different families, you'll need a license. i recently did this and you'd have to do xyz steps'

OP responds, fuck this made me laugh

excuse me but i was asking for leads, not for advice : )

Those people are the worst.

And especially weird daycare mill people.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    lol at that cop sliding backwards

• Options
    My mom doesn't consider her twenty-five year marriage that got her three kids and a bunch of travel and a new family (that still loves her, she is around at Christmases) and so on a failure, which is probably healthier than many people's views.

(that's not to say disasters don't happen, I just think we should look at ended relationships only rarely as failures. A failure, to me, implies that it was a net negative, which isn't true of many of my relationships.)

That's fair; I shouldn't have used that framing.

The image in my head when I typed that was of the young single woman on OkC getting flooded with dick pics.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
  • Options
    we're supposed to get snow tomorrow. i guess i should go get my snow tires put on. but that's a lot of work.

• Options
    Atomika if it makes you feel any better I was about to sit down and chat with y'all but I had Krystal cause they just opened one by the house and now I have to go poop first.

Krystal and White Castle both work on the same "you won't gain weight by eating this" science

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i would babysit jaden smith for free

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

this is one of the saddest, most hilarious things i've seen in a while

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I miss Krystal a lot.

Sunrisers are the bomb. Gonna be in memphis for new years, gonna eat so many of those.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    In fairness, this Thai curry pizza is fucking legit, so shut your shit, brain

EXPLAIN

Curry pizzas are great.

We have an indian pizza place just down the road.

With a little finagling* I can convince my wife to get a Tandoori Chicken pizza for supper tonight.

*throw out all the gorceries we bought over the weekend.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    My mom doesn't consider her twenty-five year marriage that got her three kids and a bunch of travel and a new family (that still loves her, she is around at Christmases) and so on a failure, which is probably healthier than many people's views.

(that's not to say disasters don't happen, I just think we should look at ended relationships only rarely as failures. A failure, to me, implies that it was a net negative, which isn't true of many of my relationships.)

The image in my head when I typed that was of the young single woman on OkC getting flooded with dick pics.

well, and also a surfeit of decent messages. i'm not saying it's worth it. but i think if it's between a couple dozen inoffensive messages and hundreds of garbage vitriol and dick pics vs a message or two a month, for many people it wouldn't be an easy decision

dating is rough on almost every class of person i would think

except maybe super handsome men

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The Butter Chicken pizza is very popular at work, but I find it too sweet.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    we're supposed to get snow tomorrow. i guess i should go get my snow tires put on. but that's a lot of work.

but chu we're in miami~

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

man

what was that bus driver thinking?

ice was a factor... but certainly not the only factor

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    aaaaaand we're back at pizza [chat]

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

but chu we're in miami~

you know what i mean when i say snow, baka

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Is curry pizza a normal pizza that has bits of curry on top, or a pizza that has curry sauce on the base instead of tomato sauce?

I am intrigued

• Options
    aaaaaand we're back at pizza [chat]

pizza [chat] gets very judgemental

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    oh my god that video is glorious

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

The cop car made it funny. The salt truck made it hilarious.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

well, and also a surfeit of decent messages. i'm not saying it's worth it. but i think if it's between a couple dozen inoffensive messages and hundreds of garbage vitriol and dick pics vs a message or two a month, for many people it wouldn't be an easy decision

I always feel bad for my female friends.

One is a super attractive Taiwanese lady who plays vidya and reads comics and teaches pole dancing classes.

The shit she receives every time she has tried OKC has been beyond cringeworthy.

My other friend use to filter by income when they allowed that.

She has preferences.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Is curry pizza a normal pizza that has bits of curry on top, or a pizza that has curry sauce on the base instead of tomato sauce?

I am intrigued

This one is the latter

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

no, it sucks for us, too.

woo, nailed it.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    courtship is a disaster tho

an extended period of anxiety that probbaly ends in rejection

and if it goes according the plan it's even worse and you end up in a relationship

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Ljd0k7Jg.jpg?1
    @desc BubblegumCrisisBerlin2060

• Options
    god, sliding on ice and getting in an accident is such a nightmare.

consider:

1) people already run terribly late when the roads are bad. so you're even later to get to work or whatever.
    2) you feel super vulnerable because you know there's an icy patch right there and you're worried someone is gonna crash into your stationary car
    3) all the annoyance of waiting for the cops, the financial worry, hoping you don't have whiplash, possibly getting a tow etc etc- except it's also horrifically cold

shudder

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

One is a super attractive Taiwanese lady who plays vidya and reads comics and teaches pole dancing classes.

The shit she receives every time she has tried OKC has been beyond cringeworthy.

She has preferences.

nothing more attractive than a big, thick checkbook

• Options

She has preferences.

haha does she deserve sympathy for sorting by income

what

• Options
    I can understand everyone except the first bus

when your tires spin out because the road is too slippery, the solution is not to mash the accelerator

With Love and Courage
  • Options

She has preferences.

haha does she deserve sympathy for sorting by income

what

No.

But the shit she receives still would make you blush.

Because money and education are no guarantee of class.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I'm laughing because I assume no one was seriously injured. I mean, yeah, the property damage and busted vehicles and sprained joins and shit sucks, but people sliding along on icy roads will never not be funny.

Never.
    Not.
    Be.
    Funny.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

I am intrigued

The ones here are basically a curry covered in cheese. So curry sauce etc.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    yeah, there's no question that being a woman- especially a conventionally attractive woman- can be a real nightmare when it comes to male interest. i'm just saying, there are benefits too. different problems for different sorts of people.

This discussion has been closed.