As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    If, for example, I have international Santee, I've found a nice middle ground of directly sending the bulk of the gift to them without a name attached and then following it up with a card and a few small things from myself at a very economical shipping rate.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Oh man, so today I have a date that I'm really excited about AND now I just got a notification that I should be getting a package from Amazon.

Its an early X-Mas miracle!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Santee's SO confirmed arrival of the package on Friday. Just waiting for the confirmation post to see their reaction. The suspense... :rotate:

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    If, for example, I have international Santee, I've found a nice middle ground of directly sending the bulk of the gift to them without a name attached and then following it up with a card and a few small things from myself at a very economical shipping rate.

This is a good idea. I'll have to do this... I like to include snacks in the box and a hand-crafted card.

• DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Supposed to have my package tomorrow. . . I wasn't excited when I got the PM, but my excitement is growing.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Santee's SO confirmed arrival of the package on Friday. Just waiting for the confirmation post to see their reaction. The suspense... :rotate:
    If by package, you mean the Toyota that plowed into the side of my Camaro on friday night, then package received!

But you probably mean the box of goodies left at my door. A box, much like this one:
    W5PYuSy.jpg?1
    Upon opening the box, I was greeted by what, as a Symmetra player, could only be described as my greatest nightmare:
    M1pn5RY.jpg?1
    Since my SO was mentioned, I wonder if she encouraged Santa to get me something that would make me cuddle up on the couch:
    pXCChYz.jpg?1
    My watch continues with a keychain of soldier dad, and a mug I assume is for coffee after the kids keep me awake all night:
    VsjILlS.jpg?1
    To go along with the keychain, a Soldier 76 shirt, which was swiftly claimed by Babou:
    ryrNrsN.jpg?1
    My delay in posting this at least gave us a chance to get a play session of the next (?!) gift in. Santa, you will be happy to know that having become a teenage lycanthope, my trusty dog and I swiftly dispatched the heroes. No mercy.
    fKRBLmq.jpg?1
    Every year I'm humbled at how amazing this board is. Thank you, Santa! And thank everyone for the amazing community we have here.
    whAeZmz.jpg?1
    Oh, and Babou thanks you for the box. @Reve Noire lined it with some Amazon packing paper, and it's his home now.
    R9ChrXQ.jpg?1

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yeussssssss. Glad to hear that it was well received. Sorry to hear about your Camero, hope that situation's all good.
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Santa, you will be happy to know that having become a teenage lycanthope, my trusty dog and I swiftly dispatched the heroes. No mercy.
    Excellent.

KoopahTroopah on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Santa, you will be happy to know that having become a teenage lycanthope, my trusty dog and I swiftly dispatched the heroes. No mercy.
    And in the game.

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Hey guys,

u4pgx5aax1bh.gif

My Santa emailed me with a warning that gifting was soon going to commence! Well lo and behold, Amazon left a package on my door a few days ago. We've been ordering so much stuff for our kid that I didn't think anything of it...But then I asked my wife who said she wasn't expecting anything from Amazon so...OMG IT'S FROM SANTA!!!

Here's the package:
    31425146096_9715512336.jpg
    package by Cameron Talley, on Flickr

What could it be???!?!
    31346998181_1bd8631a45.jpg
    book by Cameron Talley, on Flickr

An awesome book! My son is three months old now and this book provided some much-needed comic relief. Seriously, my wife and I love this. It's been a real hard year for various reasons, and a little laughter goes a long way. Thanks so much Santa! A note in the package indicated this was only gift 1 so...more goodies to come, I suppose!

Special note to my Santee: get ready

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Note to my Santee:
    Tracking says the box has cleared customs.
    I'm guessing that means that it's not long to be delivered.

Here's to hoping that the presents didn't get replaced by bleach.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Oh man, that wonderful anticipation when your package is on its way and you're just sitting there, waiting, wondering, when they'll open it. Waiting for that post to appear and the reactions they will record.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    They'll open it on Christmas Day, won't they? Not much to wonder about there.

Hmm, that's a good idea. Just put it under the tree, look at it from time to time. Maybe post a picture of it.

Of course, I need to get my tree up to do that myself. Hopefully that will happen tonight.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I won't dare torture my Santa that way. Definitely doing a Gift Get post with kittens ASAP whenever that box arrives.

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    They'll open it on Christmas Day, won't they? Not much to wonder about there.

Who is telling you this is a good idea?
    xyrh406878g1.jpg

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
    3hsL4Ww.jpg

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Alright santee. Gift dispatched. I'm sorry it took me so long but life literally kicked me in the ass.

I don't ever ask for much, but I'd love a report of how things went after you're done. I hope everything makes it to you in one piece.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Santee! Week has been hectic, but all your presents are here and accounted for. Will be mailing them out over the weekend.

Santa! Since you'd ask a while ago, I ended up caving in and getting Last Guardian. That's my last game of the year.

edited December 2016
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Santa! I actually received your gifts at lunch, but decided to wait until after work to open them.

Inside I find two gifts in lovely bags my wife has already laid claim to for use to wrap other gifts!
    cJ6LQwhl.jpg

I check the tag, which lets me know Santa has been stalking me closely and reveals himself!
    w5Gje3Ll.jpg

Let's open the red bag first!
    5dw1uz7l.jpg
    Oh wow! It's Lego City Undercover! I had actually wanted this game when I got the WiiU, but it ran out of stock pretty quickly from what I remember and the secondary market took advantage of this and was regularly priced at $60-70. A few months ago it started to finally drop to $35-40 and then it got released as a selects title and made widely available again!

So what's in the blue bag?
    VvTr4eEl.jpg

A gift? For me? Yay!
    CGxjhWZl.jpg
    Haha! Santa has been stalking the board game thread! Dominion is a common topic as it is often brought up and debated, and with the second edition boxes I had asked about what to get to supplement my first edition core and this came recommended by a few. This will be great for Christmas gaming!

So great! I hope to dig right into Lego City tonight and organize the Dominion box! I'll need to make some space.

I also got the tree inside, but it's soaked because it rained today. I thought it wasn't supposed to rain until tomorrow. So I'm leaving it wrapped so the rain drips into the stand and not on my carpet.
    7atvPXyl.jpg

So thank you, Santa, for these wonderful gifts! They will see much use! Or should I call you @AbsoluteZero now? :biggrin: I hope I didn't give you too much stress while I teased waiting until Christmas.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Oh, @AbsoluteZero is my amazon wish list not showing up as public? It should show up with my email.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Huzzah! I'm glad everything arrived safely from the Amazonian elves. Also, I got mad respect for a man who hauls home a real tree for Christmas. Nice!

BUT... Santa is not quite done with you yet. The elves of the Amazon tell me you have one more package arriving on Monday!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Hmm, that's a good idea. Just put it under the tree, look at it from time to time. Maybe post a picture of it.

Of course, I need to get my tree up to do that myself. Hopefully that will happen tonight.

I did that to @big classy , which I think was made even worse because we actually met up in person for him to pass on my gift.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    Even though I don't take part in this stuff, due to the fact that I tend to lurk around, its things like this and the thing going on in the steam thread that make me absolutely love this community. Keep of the good work guys.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I got a steam friends request from proxy shortly after getting the torch from you. Not sure if it was related to your dark machinations, but it looks like he's been offline for like a month? So I'm not ignoring you if that was the case.

K thanks!

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Santa!

You sent me a message about getting a package on Monday and I didn't receive anything.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    @ArcSyn Elven Intelligence and Security Command SIGINT operatives have intercepted plans to engage in gift bombardment on an accelerated schedule. Target date is now Thursday Dec 8.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gift shipped! I wasn't able to include a note in the order, but I think my santee will know that it comes from me. =)

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Gift shipped! I wasn't able to include a note in the order, but I think my santee will know that it comes from me. =)

Because it won't be perfect?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      TimFiji wrote: »

Because it's a rat choking on a candy cane.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
      see317 wrote: »

What's more festive than that, anyway?

see317 wrote: »

What's more festive than that, anyway?

Well, you could have stapled a Santa hat onto the rat before you boxed it up.

• DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
      GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

91AUYejH5kL._SY500_.jpg

Thank you @theoriginalz , I guess it is fair. I gave out fringe, that I get back a season of TV. My brother did work on this show as special effects, how I got into it in the first place. Really curious how they get out of the cliff hanger from first season.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
      I have been informed that Canada Post hid in my front bushes today and waited until six minutes after I left the building to attempt to deliver one of my gifts. Contents are listed as "small packets" and it took the drug-sniffing polar bears three days to determine they were safe for import. Small packets! I can't wait!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      Santa, I got the message, I'm just kind of on my own for the weekend and I don't particularly trust my neighbors. I'll have someone get to you probably Mondayish since my parents get into town on Sunday afternoon. Or the ladyfriend gets back next Tuesday night. If that doesn't work, I can coerce a coworker or something.

Santee, I finally got the last thing I wanted. Now I just need to find a box to put things into. The quest continues.

ArcTangent on
      ztrEPtD.gif
    • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
      @DyasAlure oh good. I was worried since amazon said it delivered like three days ago. Enjoy! :)

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
    • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
      Santa! I done got the gift! sort of. I got a customs letter so hopefully, when all is paid off, shouldn't be more than a few days. Just need to wait till payday at midnight :lol:

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
      Think I've mostly decided on my gifts but waiting on some stuff before sending them out.

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
      Santee, the gifts are ready, the box is ready, the wrap is ready too.

It's just, it's cold season and I've been hit by the big one. Once that's passed, get ready.

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
      Dear Santee: I decided to have everything shipped to here so I could wrap it and send it out as one package. This may have been a mistake, as it's taking longer to get than I imagined. Going to be shipping near the deadline. :(

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
      Santee,

you think this is over,

you think all is well,

but soon, you will see

some giftings from me.

Whats in this one?

You exclaim with glee

Arts to be done,

lets see some comics made free!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty