As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pushups, Situps and plenty of [Chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Basically every female friend of mine who has tried online dating or even just meeting people has a terrible story about a guy.

Usually multiple.

Basically males are terrible.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Basically every female friend of mine who has tried online dating or even just meeting people has a terrible story about a guy.

Usually multiple.

pls

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    It's supposed to snow tonight in Seattle, so if it does we'll have a few similar compilation videos.

Hills and snow, a perfect match.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Usually multiple.

Might I amend this to "people are terrible"?

Because I'm pretty sure the bulk of humanity is pretty fucking terrible. Everyone you can think of that is not terrible are the exception to the rule, and you should cherish them for their not-terribleness.

• Options
    last winter i was driving just a quarter mile from my house and i saw three cars in a ditch. i immediately gently braked, and got down to about 10 when i got up to where they were. i still totally lost traction and basically slid down the middle of the two lane road for about 3 seconds. scurrrrrrrrry.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i've never been more stressed driving than when it was in a Colorado snowstorm. Everyone that ended up passing me on the left side wound up in a ditch 5-15 minutes later

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Usually multiple.

don't they all have this about meeting people IRL also?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    all humans are terrible

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    NiJohbX.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Organichu wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    My mom doesn't consider her twenty-five year marriage that got her three kids and a bunch of travel and a new family (that still loves her, she is around at Christmases) and so on a failure, which is probably healthier than many people's views.

(that's not to say disasters don't happen, I just think we should look at ended relationships only rarely as failures. A failure, to me, implies that it was a net negative, which isn't true of many of my relationships.)

That's fair; I shouldn't have used that framing.

The image in my head when I typed that was of the young single woman on OkC getting flooded with dick pics.

well, and also a surfeit of decent messages. i'm not saying it's worth it. but i think if it's between a couple dozen inoffensive messages and hundreds of garbage vitriol and dick pics vs a message or two a month, for many people it wouldn't be an easy decision

dating is rough on almost every class of person i would think

except maybe super handsome men

I always feel bad for my female friends.

One is a super attractive Taiwanese lady who plays vidya and reads comics and teaches pole dancing classes.

The shit she receives every time she has tried OKC has been beyond cringeworthy.

My other friend use to filter by income when they allowed that.

She has preferences.

haha does she deserve sympathy for sorting by income

what

No.

But the shit she receives still would make you blush.

Because money and education are no guarantee of class.

The Gang Accidentally Date Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idoYCVLh2qI

Burnage on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Usually multiple.

pls
    Chu is indeed half of those stories.

• Options
    I want to add a lot of these "males are terrible" thing though is preventable and teachable not to be.

Males are not innately terrible. Humans are not.

Just teaching people this stuff has to start before people get all excited about the lower bits of their choice. And reinforced through out puberty.

Something that is not done in school, in many homes, or in the public square (TV, comics, other media).

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    last winter i was driving just a quarter mile from my house and i saw three cars in a ditch. i immediately gently braked, and got down to about 10 when i got up to where they were. i still totally lost traction and basically slid down the middle of the two lane road for about 3 seconds. scurrrrrrrrry.

the three cars then surrounded you and beat you to an inch of your life and it turns out that you were actually back in philly dying from a head wound in an alley and colorado was a metaphor for mentally reconciling with your archenemy and greatest friend, ppups, as you were drifting off and letting the broken world wobble on

btw this is the plot to montaigne's horse-riding accident / near-death experience, sorry for spoiling a 400-year-old essay, nerdgasmic didn't die for this

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Eddy that's how you get alternate timelines.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    hmm

what should I cook for food tonight.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I am euphoric with cheesy curry and boozedness

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    In the spring he decided to continue campaigning and moved from Savaria to Brigetio. Once he arrived on 17 November, he received a deputation from the Quadi. In return for supplying fresh recruits to the Roman army, the Quadi were to be allowed to leave in peace. However, before the envoys left they were granted an audience with Valentinian. The envoys insisted that the conflict was caused by the building of Roman forts in their lands; furthermore individual bands of Quadi were not necessarily bound to the rule of the chiefs who had made treaties with the Romans – and thus might attack the Romans at any time. The attitude of the envoys so enraged Valentinian that he suffered a burst blood vessel in the skull while angrily yelling at them, provoking his death on November 14, 375.

• Options
    I want to add a lot of these "males are terrible" thing though is preventable and teachable not to be.

Just teaching people this stuff has to start before people get all excited about the lower bits of their choice. And reinforced through out puberty.

Something that is not done in school, in many homes, or in the public square (TV, comics, other media).

Counterpoint: President Donald Trump

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

We are products of environment.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    let's raise a feral child in a basement and see what happens when we let them out at the age of 18

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    let's raise a feral child in a basement and see what happens when we let them out at the age of 18

ok but can they at least be allowed to watch humans walk around and stuff

the sight of those feral children walking all spindly and knob kneed is nightmare fuel

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Usually multiple.

Because I'm pretty sure the bulk of humanity is pretty fucking terrible. Everyone you can think of that is not terrible are the exception to the rule, and you should cherish them for their not-terribleness.

Have you met the bulk of humanity?

Nope then that seems a hasty generalisation

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I am euphoric with cheesy curry and boozedness

Meanwhile, @Atomika 's brain:

C01-Crossed-Arms.jpg

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Like don't get me wrong the orange asshole is going to make my job harder for probably a generation. I work in sexual assault prevention research.

People like him in power with a visual position of moral authority do not help us.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

I disagree. Terribleness is innate and selfishness an evolutionarily beneficial trait. The environment merely reflects, reinforces, and rewards those who never seek to rise above it.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    god, sliding on ice and getting in an accident is such a nightmare.

consider:

1) people already run terribly late when the roads are bad. so you're even later to get to work or whatever.
    2) you feel super vulnerable because you know there's an icy patch right there and you're worried someone is gonna crash into your stationary car
    3) all the annoyance of waiting for the cops, the financial worry, hoping you don't have whiplash, possibly getting a tow etc etc- except it's also horrifically cold

shudder

i once went way too fast off an off ramp and did like a full spin out into a 6 lane highway but i had to be at work at 7 so it was empty

i also dream about my brakes not working on ice like, all the time. just holding down brakes, and sliding and sliding and not slowing down fast enough no matter how hard i jam. i dream about it about as often as i dream about getting in fights but having heavy arms i can't swing

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited December 2016

ok but can they at least be allowed to watch humans walk around and stuff

the sight of those feral children walking all spindly and knob kneed is nightmare fuel

first off, that's fucking preposterous, the whole point of the exercise is to not let them see other human beings--

ideally they'd be in a medically-induced coma the entire time

Eddy on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

I dunno.

I find myself consistently amazed at the number of people who grow up in brilliant, gilded environments that end-up being psychological poop socks.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Do you need to see other humans walking to learn how to walk?

I would've thought that was instinctual.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Should I leave work an hour early?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    Do you need to see other humans walking to learn how to walk?

I would've thought that was instinctual.

Well I guess it boils down to whether you think humans are innately evil, like exorcist evil tho

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Usually multiple.

Have you met the bulk of humanity?

Nope then that seems a hasty generalisation

I have not. However, the bulk of the humanity that I have been exposed to are the reason for this theory, and I have been exposed to a very large number of people directly over the years, and indirectly through the power of mass communication.

People suck.

I mean, you guys don't. Otherwise I wouldn't hang here, but again, exceptions that prove the rule.

• Options
    Humans are a mix of both innate parts and learned parts. But culture and learning can do a lot to focus those innate traits in good or bad ways.

Being in a privileged environment does not mean you are having those traits focused in a positive direction. Nor does it not mean your worst impulse aren't rewarded and reinforced.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

the three cars then surrounded you and beat you to an inch of your life and it turns out that you were actually back in philly dying from a head wound in an alley and colorado was a metaphor for mentally reconciling with your archenemy and greatest friend, ppups, as you were drifting off and letting the broken world wobble on

btw this is the plot to montaigne's horse-riding accident / near-death experience, sorry for spoiling a 400-year-old essay, nerdgasmic didn't die for this

chu and i will never reconcile

sig.gif
  • Options
    if people are a product of their environment, and that environment is one necessarily dictated by scarcity and a biological imperative to survive, then QED yo momma would suckle me for a coin

• Options
    8QCgF8U.jpg

• Options
    oh i see

Genie_%28feral_child%29.jpg

apparently her stance is also down to the fact that she was born with severe hip dysplasia

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    "Turns out the real Death Stranding was the friends Kojima made all along."

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Should I leave work an hour early?

yes

This discussion has been closed.