As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So how's this Pax Europe thing coming?

Comedy RefluxComedy Reflux Web creatorFlandersRegistered User regular
It seems that after multiple PAX Q&A questions, we've been able to create enough buzz for a PAX Europe. Since I've been craving a local PAX for ages, I am very anxious to get my hands on the latest info concerning. Is there anything more known than "possibly London, sometime"? I suspect people who frequent the forum more often than I do might know more. :-)

Banner_2.jpg
Back after a three year hiatus!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    After they added PAX South in the US, the organizers of PAX stated that they were done adding shows. Some of that management has moved around so I guess it's possible they could change their mind, but I doubt it would happen anytime soon.

• Comedy RefluxComedy Reflux Web creator FlandersRegistered User regular
    When they announced Ryan Hartman working on the PAX shows, I sent him an e-mail to try and pry loose some information.

"Dear shadow veiled sir,

PAX Europe (preferably Brussels, but I could see Paris or London working), please make it happen.

Best regards,
    all European fans"

To which I received a response some two hours later:

"I will do my best. I want it to happen as bad as you do.

Ryan Hartman | Penny Arcade, Inc. | Director of Events"

I've followed the Q&A's with renewed interest since then, to say the least, and questions about PAX Europe no longer got outright turned down. Last response I can remember was even something along the lines of PAX Europe probably becoming PAX London, because Jerry has been wanting to visit for ages. And I guess the European fans might be concentrated in the UK.

The e-mails happened in July however, and with the changed attitudes I was wondering, perhaps hoping, if I in fact had missed an announcement or semi-certified rumor. #PAfan4life #hashtagsonaforum

Banner_2.jpg
    Back after a three year hiatus!
  • LejicLejic Registered User regular
    When they announced Ryan Hartman working on the PAX shows, I sent him an e-mail to try and pry loose some information.

"Dear shadow veiled sir,

PAX Europe (preferably Brussels, but I could see Paris or London working), please make it happen.

Best regards,
    all European fans"

To which I received a response some two hours later:

"I will do my best. I want it to happen as bad as you do.

Ryan Hartman | Penny Arcade, Inc. | Director of Events"

I've followed the Q&A's with renewed interest since then, to say the least, and questions about PAX Europe no longer got outright turned down. Last response I can remember was even something along the lines of PAX Europe probably becoming PAX London, because Jerry has been wanting to visit for ages. And I guess the European fans might be concentrated in the UK.

The e-mails happened in July however, and with the changed attitudes I was wondering, perhaps hoping, if I in fact had missed an announcement or semi-certified rumor. #PAfan4life #hashtagsonaforum

PAX London would be amazing, but at the same time OUCH people's wallets. I have friends there so it's not an issue for me personally but London hotels are ridiculous, even when you get the tiniest room. And airbnb is rarely better, especially if it's around the time of an event.

But location-wise: What a city! And a short flight away from me.

• Nathan SykesNathan Sykes Supreme Overlord United States of AmericaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    After they added PAX South in the US, the organizers of PAX stated that they were done adding shows. Some of that management has moved around so I guess it's possible they could change their mind, but I doubt it would happen anytime soon.

I know I'm super late to the party, but now that we have Unplugged, anything's possible. Maybe North or EU next? Who knows :+1:

nIxRCVB.pngEiBnwpc.pngG3GewzS.png
  • LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    Welp. Convention in China "Powered by PAX"
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-05-25-penny-arcade-expo-launches-global-expansion

Truly anything *IS* possible.