As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - PSI

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - PSI

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• QuestQuest Registered User new member
    Should've put the tarp down.

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    A return to greatness.

• Ludeman99Ludeman99 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    What's really missing (I would never normally presume to second guess Mike or Jerry) here is Tycho saying "Alexa, order me a new couch!" instead of just saying "Buy a new couch on amazon"... Effing brilliant though!

Ludeman99 on
  • The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I feel like the pixelation doesn't really help much in the second panel.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • noxumbranoxumbra Registered User regular
    LOL IRL

• ElroydbElroydb Registered User regular
    It is good to see PA getting back to its old classy roots that garnered its widespread affection

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    The Mantiz wrote: »

Well, we haven't seen the uncensored version so that's hard to say.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

It made it funnier for me somehow.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular

It probably makes it worse, since your mind fills in the missing details.

• CovarrCovarr Registered User regular
    "The Poop that Took a Pee," by Leopold 'Butters' Stotch

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    having leapt into the air and smashed into a wall from a virtual zombie attacker I think I will avoid Resident Evil 7 as I dont need my anus to explode.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • geniekidgeniekid Registered User regular
    I really hope the making of this strip makes it into a PATV.

• ShinaganiShinagani Registered User new member
    Oh man, what does it say that this made me laugh harder than any other PA comic in years?

Just the best.

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    There is a button, L1 if I recall, whose entire purpose is to cover your face with your hands.

I used that one a lot.

I don't have a PSVR, but now I'm kinda tempted.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Love this comic, made me genuine lol.

• DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular
    I'd like to think that in the second panel, apropros of nothing, Tycho wanted to remind us all of the great deals on thousands of products one can find at Amazon.com.

• R.Z.R.Z. Registered User regular
    I don't get the appeal of VR either, mostly because of this.
    Unless you play on the toilet that is.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Damn it.. now I have to try it

• UltimaWraithUltimaWraith Registered User new member
    10/10 would ruin upholstery again

• rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I laughed REALLY FREAKNG HARD. The whole thing is genius but the "order a new couch!" exclamation just put it over the top.

Great work!

rembrandtqeinstein on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    while they're shopping on Amazon, Tycho should pick up some Cup Noodles because he's bound to be hungry for ultimate flavor after expelling the entire contents of his bowels.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Bremen wrote: »
    There is a button, L1 if I recall, whose entire purpose is to cover your face with your hands.

I used that one a lot.

As I am a person who has not yet done the VR thing, I don't understand what the difference between this and just closing your eyes would be.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    while they're shopping on Amazon, Tycho should pick up some Cup Noodles because he's bound to be hungry for ultimate flavor after expelling the entire contents of his bowels.

Aw, you beat me to it.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SariiasSariias Registered User new member
    edited December 2016
    This gave me the giggle shits.

Sariias on
  • WoodroweBonesWoodroweBones Registered User new member
    You should check out A Chair in a Room: Greenwater if you want a really freaky experience. Amazing game

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

I used that one a lot.

As I am a person who has not yet done the VR thing, I don't understand what the difference between this and just closing your eyes would be.

its like watching a horror movie through your hands. You don't want to look but you want to look. Personally I hate jump scares because it is lazy.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

I used that one a lot.

its like watching a horror movie through your hands. You don't want to look but you want to look. Personally I hate jump scares because it is lazy.
    I guess I don't know how the actual mechanic in game works. I figured the "cover your face" button completely blocked out your vision. Typically one watching a horror movie through their hands is still getting glimpses of the screen, which is definitely different from closing one's eyes, i.e., reducing the amount of frightening visual imagery being perceived vs. completely blocking it out.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I remember when I was a kid my sister telling me how awful the sandwich she was eating was and that it was so bad I just had to try it. I never did. There are some experiences I don't at all regret missing out on.