As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thirty years ago, London was stolen by [chat]s...

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    someone sent me a video of a milkshake that is literally 'blend half a dozen ice cream sandwiches with a cup of milk'

my god

but does it bring all the boys to the yard?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    No wait timeshares are for suckers

A 5% stake in a $40000 hooker

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Westworld is just not a very good show. It has all of the elements of a good show--memorable characters, an intriguing setting, villains, mystery--but I just found that the elements never really cohered into an enjoyable viewing experience.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    someone sent me a video of a milkshake that is literally 'blend half a dozen ice cream sandwiches with a cup of milk'

my god

They are trying to skill you Chu.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    200,000 1 cent hookers

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

my god

Bruh let's make the Whole Foods version of this; it will be vegan and cost $40 apiece

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hello [chat]

As part of my grand ambition in Fallen London, I have to intentionally drive myself mad with night terrors and dreams of such horrors as cannot be described.

I'm pretty excited.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Ok, Mr. I'm Too Cool For Filling Out The Secret Santa Form is getting homemade ginger snaps, cranberry walnut biscotti, pumpkin seed brittle, and (once they cool) mint chocolate brownie bars. That'll teach him.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Westworld is just not a very good show. It has all of the elements of a good show--memorable characters, an intriguing setting, villains, mystery--but I just found that the elements never really cohered into an enjoyable viewing experience.

I'm three episodes in and disagree.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I just start my truck up. It heats up assuming the anti freeze leak isn't to the point where I need to put in a fresh gallon, and it gets lucifer's butthole hot after about 10 minutes. That thaws everything out nice and I get inside wearing a t-shirt so I don't sweat my ass off.

If it's under 20F I'll get an alert saying my brake system needs immediate service, until I pull into the gas station, turn the car off, walk in and get a cup of coffee, walk out and start it again once the brake sensors have thawed out.

Then I go to work.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

my god

Bruh let's make the Whole Foods version of this; it will be vegan and cost $40 apiece

There is no such thing as a vegan milkshake

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I make a point to turn the key to the ON position and wait a second until the fuel pump stops making noise before depressing the clutch and starting the engine, especially on a cold day. Idk if that matters but it makes me feel like I'm being gentler and less pushy with the car. I like to treat her like a lover, see

Then I'll hit the wipers and defroster until there's a bare modicum of visibility and proceed to work, rolling down the driver's side window for the one right turn in which the rising sun would otherwise blind me or force the window to be actually clear, and by the time I hit the highway the car is warm enough.

last may i started driving for the first time (without someone else to tell me how to do shit). and like my third day of driving my windshield was getting kind of foggy and while i was in a left turn only lane at a red light at a VERY major intersection, my windshield went totally opaque. i could not see. i was leaning forward and frantically scrubbing with my forearm, ripping off my seatbelt, people started honking, i couldn't see, and i ended up rolling down the window and shoving my head out to complete the turn so i could pull over

driving: very hard

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

You get to choose you want the left or right foot?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

my god

i saw a video recipe for oreo krispie treats today

i mean there's actually nothing krispie about it but you get the idea

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I rarely eat somewhere nice enough that my tip exceeds five dollars.

edit: or order enough I guess

but cocktails?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

my god

I mean

They aren't wrong

• Options

No no no

5% in the entire enterprise

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    fuck you Zeph.

• Options

my god

There is no such thing as a vegan milkshake

pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg

• Options
    I feel a modicum of remorse for using this lovely model. But such is the way of things. Knowledge is power.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I finished it earlier this week. I won't say anything specific, but I just felt that any of the interesting things that show promises never really deliver, and there's a lot of garbage filler.

• Options

No no no

5% in the entire enterprise

*spins up giant centrifuge*

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

When I was three episodes in I would have disagreed as well

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Trying Let it Die

UNCLE DEATH is sort of amazing

• Options
    I'm serious though

It is not a thing that can exist

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If Westworld were a good show, wouldn't I have watched any of it?

• Options

I finished it earlier this week. I won't say anything specific, but I just felt that any of the interesting things that show promises never really deliver, and there's a lot of garbage filler.

I disagree a lot with you on this.

And I found the end especially enrapturing.

I need to watch through it again actually to see what I missed.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    like, I don't understand owning 5% of a hooker. If you don't get paid, what? You get to flick her forehead?

edit: #pimpin'ain'tcommoditized.

redx on
  • Options
    Westworld is a fantastic show with great acting, plot development, and every moment feels important and interesting. I am very surprised people think it isn't really cool.

Also surprised we don't have a Resident Evil thread in G&T or anything.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    like, I don't understand owning 5% of a hooker. If you don't get paid, what? You get to flick her forehead?

Flick. Sure.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Westworld is a fantastic show with great acting, plot development, and every moment feels important and interesting. I am very surprised people think it isn't really cool.

Where are people saying they don't think it is pretty cool? I thought it was some of the best long format scifi i've seen in a long time. Probably better than the expanse, and up there with Mr. Robot.

redx on
  • Options

but cocktails?

yes, i don't drink very often

• Options

Both of my partners are marathoning it pretty hard, and I find it smart and enjoyable thusfar.

• Options
    No the board would elect a chair who would hire a CEO to manage the hooker and all profits would be either fed back into the hooker or disbursed to the shareholders through quarterly dividends

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

Where are people saying they don't think it is pretty cool?

Well Vanguard is saying he doesn't think it's very good, which just seems kinda nuts to me. I can see not liking it if you're not into westerns, cool sci-fi stuff, mysteries, or that general aesthetic. But it is definitely a good show overall.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm serious though

It is not a thing that can exist

Milk is a metaphor

• Options

but cocktails?

yes, i don't drink very often

have you ever seen me sober?

• Options
    speaking of cocktails and tipping tho

what is the chat consensus on how much to tip for cocktails (not for like, handing you a tallboy)

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    No the board would elect a chair who would hire a CEO to manage the hooker and all profits would be either fed back into the hooker or disbursed to the shareholders through quarterly dividends

I'm in (as an investor) as long as we're offering the talent, in addition to profit sharing, decent health care, 401k, and paid-time-off benefits.

• Options
    speaking of cocktails and tipping tho

what is the chat consensus on how much to tip for cocktails (not for like, handing you a tallboy)

20%

This discussion has been closed.