As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thirty years ago, London was stolen by [chat]s...

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    SEPIRA might actually be better as it has a higher maximum for the employees.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I'm serious though

It is not a thing that can exist

Milk is a metaphor

Oh

I thought it was a colloid of animal fats produced by mammals

fuck gendered marketing
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm serious though

I'm going to bed but please pretend I found an even more whimsical iteration of the "oh, you!" meme and posted it here in response.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm serious though

Milk is a metaphor

Oh

Well many flies have "milk glands" they use to feed their developing maggots so I mean who knows

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I like when it's humid and freezing

So you get frost on the inside of your window.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2016
    I can't really agree that every moment feels meaningful.

A lot of time , as in far more than necessary, is dedicated to showing
    certain hosts malfunctioning.

Vanguard on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing that was meant to be a spoiler @Vanguard

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I'm serious though

Milk is a metaphor

Oh

coconut milk is a colloid of plant fats and you can make ice cream out of it.

really really amazeballs good ice cream.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    my dangerous is at 18.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I like when it's humid and freezing

So you get frost on the inside of your window.

Moving to a humid region produced all sorts of horrors for me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    So what does recycling entail? Will it hurt? Will I dream?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    speaking of cocktails and tipping tho

what is the chat consensus on how much to tip for cocktails (not for like, handing you a tallboy)

20%, more if you're feeling it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Also

This is my ACTUAL grand ambition in Fallen London

But now I weep, for there are no more lands to conquer:

fcGlYHf.jpg

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    got everything packed for the cabin tomorrow.

definitely working on a flint knife. It's going to be really cold tho so hopefully I wont stab myself.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    my dangerous is at 18.

My persuasive is 19. With my cane it is 21. I have like a 20 shadow thanks to a rat army of evil and a stellar bowler hat.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    there's only one establishment I've ever had coconut milk ice cream from, and it was free, and they gave me stickers and a hug once.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I can't really agree that every moment feels meaningful.

A lot of time , as in far more than necessary, is dedicated to showing
    certain hosts malfunctioning.

I think that
    when they do that it's for multiple reasons. To make you question why they are malfunctioning and to show you interesting things that you piece together. Nothing was really wasted.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Westworld megaspoilers:
    Like, by the end of the season, what characters are even in Westworld?

Dolores chose to shoot Arnold... Oh wait, no she didn't, to demonstrate robot self determination Arnold programmed her to shoot himself. And then Ford programmed her to shoot him. This whole season is supposedly about Dolores like discovering herself, gaining full sentience and actualization, and yet all she ever does the whole season is what other people tell her.

Same with Maeve, good lord Felix and Sylvester might be the worst written two characters on TV. Maeve herself started off strong and then, lol, we're so clever, actually Maeve is just following orders too. Or is she?! (she is).

Bernard has a great scene of shock and sadness at what he's done. And then his memories are deleted and he has another scene of great shock and sadness next episode. And then eventually he's forced to shoot himself. But he's a robot so he's fine, can always fix him, none of that bullshit before actually mattered, and actually it's all part of Ford's plan! Even though Ford's plan was to do what Bernard wanted? Oh and after Bernard is revived, finally with full autonomy and all the information, he chooses to make use of this second chance by... Well, nothing, he doesn't do a fucking thing!

By the end of the season the show's actually just giving voiceovers of characters explaining their motivations, because up until now the authors had forgotten to give them any! The Man in Black just yadda yadda yadda'ing his journey from decent dude to evil torturing rapist? Maeve and Hector's weird romance thing, where we have no idea why Maeve is possibly into him, or vice versa? Hector being super bored while he walks through a high-tech lab of people getting built that upends everything he's ever believed about his world and life?

Like in terms of plotting and clever understanding of video game writing, the show is great, and the characterization actually starts off decently. But by the end of the season there's not a single plotline that involves characters making decisions because of any sort of personality trait we've been organically introduced to over the course of the last 10 hours.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I guess I don't understand why people have such trouble with their cars in the morning.

I live in Chicago and I never have a problem with my car being too cold or the windshield being foggy when I leave my apartment.

I start it up and pretty much just drive out of my heated underground garage right away.

vRyue2p.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    :3

vRyue2p.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Yes.

(We get a new chat thread every 100 pages or so)

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Quick update on Shattered World: following RMS's suggestion, the long-term goal for the Chatovingians will be the restoration of the Roman Empire. A Norse adventurer invaded and conquered Rome from the Pope in 901AD so now Crusades and Jihads are happening. There's a new King in Russia and I made Cyprus a merchant republic.

Puppies is still Despot, his heir is Prince Tav, with spare sons Prince Chubert and Prince Arch.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2016
    redx wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    I rarely eat somewhere nice enough that my tip exceeds five dollars.

edit: or order enough I guess

but cocktails?

yes, i don't drink very often

have you ever seen me sober?

:<

Organichu on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

It only hurts the first time

• wafflesmageewafflesmagee I like pancakes. Registered User regular
    I don't currently have to deal with warming up my car because I also park in a garage. I gave my ice scraper to SniperGuy. :)

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

I'm not falling for that again.

Soon enough

You start wanting it

Needing it

Eventually

You'll beg

After suffering through street parking in Rogers Park (which, if you want an idea of how much of a pain it was to find parking on that street, our nickname for the area was "Rogers No Parking"), my literal number one priority when I was looking for a new apartment was finding a place with a garage.

vRyue2p.png
  • porpporp Registered User regular
    After suffering through street parking in Rogers Park (which, if you want an idea of how much of a pain it was to find parking on that street, our nickname for the area was "Rogers No Parking"), my literal number one priority when I was looking for a new apartment was finding a place with a garage.

Bo! Carter noticed a difference on the tv today. Lol.

i considered renting one of the garages in my complex during this winter so i wouldn't have to deal with scraping and stuff

but it's 90 bucks a month and i'm cheap

porp wrote: »

Bo! Carter noticed a difference on the tv today. Lol.

:biggrin:

vRyue2p.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    It is like

Actually freezing

This is the worst

fuck gendered marketing

i considered renting one of the garages in my complex during this winter so i wouldn't have to deal with scraping and stuff

Do you have a dedicated parking space at least, even if it's not covered?

vRyue2p.png
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Now that I think about it most of the time I've owned cars that got parked outside they were not exactly weatherproof.

So they were always damp inside.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

Do you have a dedicated parking space at least, even if it's not covered?

i don't, but they built this place with plenty of parking. if i can't get the spot right outside my door i can always get within half a dozen or so spots in either direction

My favourite were the apartments I lived in that including a parking spot and I didn't even own a car

I just got to look out my window and judge people for daring to even think about pulling into MY spot

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    My favourite were the apartments I lived in that including a parking spot and I didn't even own a car

I just got to look out my window and judge people for daring to even think about pulling into MY spot

you son of a bitch

vRyue2p.png
    man I'm having an allergic reaction to something.

Took a benadryl but shit I'm all itchy and stuff feels weird.

meh.

This discussion has been closed.