As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] of the Year

simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a differencetoday, a differenceRegistered User regular
edited December 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
Well, friends, it's time to decide the [chat] of the Year! Through the secret ballot system, we at the Chatties have determined five nominees for this prestigious award. Please choose carefully!

Nominee #1: Kirimi-[chat]
A contender from February, 'Kirimi-[chat]' set a high standard for quality OPs featuring Sanrio characters.

Nominee #2: The Grasshopper [chats] Heavy
Another contender from early 2016, this chat set the gold standard for immersive alternate world story-telling with its OP that allowed chatters to experience what life would be like in a world where the Nazis had won World War 2.

Nominee #3: Australian Election [chat]
Did you know there was an election in Australia this year? Of course you did, and it was all thanks to the top-quality election reporting made in this mid-year OP.

Nominee #4: aesthetic [chat]
aesthetic

Nominee #5: sexy pokemon [chat]
A controversial choice, considering how recently it was created, but god damn do those Pokemon get me going.

Your vote matters!

simonwolf on

[chat] of the Year 54 votes

Kirimi-[chat]
3%
Zilla360Blameless Cleric 2 votes
The Grasshopper [chats] Heavy
5%
AlazullJuliuscB557 3 votes
Australian Election [chat]
11%
Apothe0siselectricitylikesmePantsBOatsVoid SlayerInvectivus 6 votes
aesthetic [chat]
25%
DoodmannElldrenElement BrianAresProphetPodlyHahnsoo1simonwolfmysticjuicerThe EnderBeNarwhalBelasco32milskiInfamyDeferredOrphane 14 votes
sexy pokemon [chat]
53%
RedTidekedinikElendilKid PresentableCrimson KingP10CouscousCasual EddyArchAndy JoeDedwrekkaYamiNoSenshiBurnageHonkdescCambiataDonkey KongJubal77DelmainEddy 29 votes

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hug O' War

a poem by the late Shel Silverstein
    [Author of A Light in the Attic]

I will not play at tug o' war

I'd rather play at hug o' war,

Where everyone hugs

Instead of tugs

Where everyone giggles

And rolls on the rug,

Where everyone kisses

And everyone grins

And everyone cuddles

And everyone wins.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    aesthetic [chat]
    We 'bout to get platonically intimate up in here!

aesthetic [chat]
    Less platonic if you're about that :winky:

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Thank God this isn't about the band.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

hey now.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Halfassed though it may be I still think this is the better choice

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    aesthetic [chat]
    I would never want to question the impartiality of the chatty committee or nomination process

but

With Love and Courage
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    aesthetic [chat]
    I want it noted for the record that knitdan prematurely e[chat]ulated by three whole minutes with his usurper chat

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    sexy pokemon [chat]
    If you look carefully enough, there is an unbroken string of decisions leading from the day of my birth to me making chocolate ganache at 11pm because god damn it I am going to finish these brownies and get this package in the mail tomorrow because if I don't take care of SOMETHING on my to-do list I am going to go batshit crazy.

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    thank you for making this thread so I don't post anymore in that other one.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    CowboyNeal[chat]

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    aesthetic [chat]
    The Ender wrote: »
    I would never want to question the impartiality of the chatty committee or nomination process

but

Let me assure you, the secret ballot system is completely legitimate and impartial, these are absolutely the five best chats of 2016.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    off grid prepper chat wasn't in the running? What about amateurhou's bushcraft supply chat?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    If you look carefully enough, there is an unbroken string of decisions leading from the day of my birth to me making chocolate ganache at 11pm because god damn it I am going to finish these brownies and get this package in the mail tomorrow because if I don't take care of SOMETHING on my to-do list I am going to go batshit crazy.

hey

that one time we all made cds you made me a cd and got it in the mail in a reasonable time

so

i believe in you

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    sexy pokemon [chat]

hey now.

You're an all star.

I am shitting out my liver. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten all that spicy SriLanken food.

aesthetic [chat]
    off grid prepper chat wasn't in the running? What about amateurhou's bushcraft supply chat?

For your peace of mind, I will do a recount of the ballots.

aesthetic [chat]
    Okay I did the recount and those chats got zero votes. The five in the OP are your nominees for Chat of the Year.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    @Jacobkosh you're gonna chew up all my battery with this Fallen London silliness

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I want it noted for the record that knitdan prematurely e[chat]ulated by three whole minutes with his usurper chat

Yeah well at least I didn't nominate all my own chats for chat of the year

Also you were a full minute late with yours

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Let It Die seems neat, but not sure how much staying power it'll have. Made it to level 3 and elevator'd back down to the waiting room.

This user's profile picture is a cumshot.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ok, I am in Fallen London. I will continue attempting to seduce ladies into letting me stay in their houses.

aesthetic [chat]
    I assure you, my role on the Chatty Committee as Supreme Dictator-for-Life gives me no benefit or advantages when it comes to the nomination process. The five OPs nominated are objectively the best OPs of 2016.

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    aesthetic [chat]

but

Let me assure you, the secret ballot system is completely legitimate and impartial, these are absolutely the five best chats of 2016.

well I mean I guess I can't argue with democracy

With Love and Courage
    Huh, apparently people have been triggered by a writer for Rogue One posting anti-Trump tweets and are tweeting about boycotting Star Wars. Such delicate feelings.

but

well I mean I guess I can't argue with democracy

The chatoral college has an obligation to veto these flagrant assaults on chat sovereignty.

aesthetic [chat]
    I assure you, my role on the Chatty Committee as Supreme Dictator-for-Life gives me no benefit or advantages when it comes to the nomination process. The five OPs nominated are objectively the best OPs of 2016.

I'm just mad you got to make 5 [chat]s in one year! :P

Fake edit: Jesus Christ, you got to make nine

Huh, apparently people have been triggered by a writer for Rogue One posting anti-Trump tweets and are tweeting about boycotting Star Wars. Such delicate feelings.

I mean, doesn't someone boycott anything and everything?

People boycotted Dogma and no one really cared. For some reason people threatening to boycott stuff on twitter is taken way more seriously.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Same people who were "triggered" by TFA having a woman and black man as the stars.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Kirimi-[chat]
    "Blameless Cleric"

was this about the above?

I of course approve

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Kirimi-[chat]
    TWO CHATS AA

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I mean, doesn't someone boycott anything and everything?

People boycotted Dogma and no one really cared. For some reason people threatening to boycott stuff on twitter is taken way more seriously.
    I'm sure nobody cares, it's just funny that they got #dumpStarWars to #1 on Twitter because of hurtful comments.

aesthetic [chat]
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

The nomination process was a long and arduous process, I assure you, but only five nominees could be chosen, and these were voted the best of 2016

aesthetic [chat]
    TWO CHATS AA

One rightful chat which encourages democracy through the polls, and one usurper chat run as a fascist dictatorship

Make your choice wisely

aesthetic [chat]
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

The nomination process was a long and arduous process, I assure you, but only five nominees could be chosen, and these were voted the best of 2016

I mean I dutifully cast my vote - an election is an election, and I will do my civic duty.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    sexy pokemon [chat]
    This thread is conclusive proof that democracy is a sham

Wake up sheeple etc.

This discussion has been closed.