As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, December 9, 2016 - Comic Coming Soon

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, December 9, 2016 - Comic Coming Soon

Comic Coming Soon

Comic Coming Soon

http://campcomic.com/comic/380

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I refuse. I demand instant gratification.

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    Just a general question for you guys in the comments section: In your opinion, what do you think Brian suffers from as a medical condition? I would say its probably something along the lines of selective mutism. Maybe not autism per se, but its still commendable that Katie manages to craft her characters and stories so well, in that they seem so relatable all the time...Still going with selective mutism though...

• Options
    Speech impediment with anger issues.

I think most people can relate to having something about themselves that they are severely self-conscious of, have been bullied for, and actively avoid showcasing due to those experiences. Those types of things stick with you. Even if you fix it, it lingers.
    Brian just happens to have the strength to backup his anger.

• Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    Hi Katie,

this is the first time I directly make a comment to you. Could you please leave this "coming soon" picture somewhere on the website so it is not lost to us fans. I find it a very soothing (and very nice) picture. I might need to see it again someday when I need it.

cheers,
    Ilze

• Options
    Ilze123 wrote: »
    Hi Katie,

this is the first time I directly make a comment to you. Could you please leave this "coming soon" picture somewhere on the website so it is not lost to us fans. I find it a very soothing (and very nice) picture. I might need to see it again someday when I need it.

cheers,
    Ilze

I was thinking the same thing.
    @KatieJRice
    This would make a really pleasant background. Even better if you could supply us with a text-free version.

• Options
    GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    I assumed this was today's comic.

• Options
    Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    Another vote for how beautiful this panel is. As much as I want to see what happens next, I was satisfied with this for Friday's strip :)

• Options
    UnAngstyUnAngsty Registered User new member
    You can scream, rail, or complain when your backpack is slashed. It's easy to just throw it away and have it harder to carry your books. Be Brian, wear it upside down and keep walking.

• Options
    briguy wrote: »
    Speech impediment with anger issues.

I think most people can relate to having something about themselves that they are severely self-conscious of, have been bullied for, and actively avoid showcasing due to those experiences. Those types of things stick with you. Even if you fix it, it lingers.
    Brian just happens to have the strength to backup his anger.

As a person of colour, (mixed race), I've experienced a few verbal insults myself, especially abroad....I know what it's like to feel somewhat like a fish out of water, believe me. The thing is, that for me, it was never widespread or severe to the point of backlash. So I can only imagine what kids like Brian have to go through on a daily basis with regard to their own little quirks and differences. The thing is that kids are cruel, and just that fact alone makes me believe that this flashback storyline will not end well, i.e. someone's gonna get f****** up, badly. Also, I would love to see how Purdy plays into all this as well

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Now I'll just have to keep checking every ten minutes until I have answers

• Options
    WizzBangWizzBang Registered User new member
    I would love to see this Brian on a hoodie... 3XLT please, I'm kind of a big guy :-)

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    This comment will be back.

• Options
    evileeyoreevileeyore Grognard 100 hurricane swampRegistered User regular
    Hidden kitty is really hidden today.

• Options
    TemilyEmilyTemilyEmily Registered User regular
    How soon...is soon? Tonight? Tomorrow? Next Tuesday?

D:

I can't wait!! lol

• Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Kitty hint pretty please!

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I really love the 70's feel of this image.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    And the fact he's cleverly using his backpack upside down now. ;)

• Options
    cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    Awesome picture agreement! (mmmm... hope everything's alright with Katie and Adam)

• Options
    Awesome picture agreement! (mmmm... hope everything's alright with Katie and Adam)

Oh, I'm sure everything's fine. Still, let's hope for the best ☺☺

• Options
    I think the Child's Play Charity dinner was last night. If they attended, they're probably just tired.
    Hope everything is ok too.

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Wow, thanks guys for being so nice about the comic not being up yet! I was nervous to read the comments, and was surprised and pretty delighted to see there were actual conversations happening.

I have been working on the comic today, and expect it to be up later tonight. Everything is cool- just sometimes too much stuff needs to happen in one day, and yesterday got the better of me.. We're still always going to do our best to make sure we always put something up for those of you who check in on update days.

I'll be taking the placeholder post down, but I'll be sure to make it available without the text for you guys who liked it. Look for a link in the news section soon! :]

Thanks guys, you all are awesome.

• Options
    kiddicokiddico Registered User new member
    It happens. Gotta do what you gotta do. Looking forward to the comic : )

• Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    24 hours and no cat. Is there a cat or am I insane. . . the two are not mutually exclusive.