As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've got to slow down, in the [Terrace House]

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'm gonna start this as soon as I get home from vacation

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    damn I need to watch more of this, checked out two eps so far and it is very good but I don't know if I can get my wife to watch it regularly with me

the panel is just top notch

I am interested to see how I feel about tatsuya, as my favorite moment so far involving him was when pervy uncle or cynical glasses said "tatsuya is a person who rates people" after tatsuya pantomimed the shifting bar graph of his crushes

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I don't know any of the housemates well enough to strongly like or dislike them very much yet, so I will say that my favorite is yuuriko because she is like the cutest person ever

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Episode 15/16ish
    Mizuki is the absolute best, and this hat-making HUSSY can go POUND SAND!

EMOTIONS!

Well,
    She seems pretty nice so far. Arman is my favorite, and I feel so bad that Tap is going to have to... tap out.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Episode 15/16ish
    Mizuki is the absolute best, and this hat-making HUSSY can go POUND SAND!

EMOTIONS!

Well,
    She seems pretty nice so far. Arman is my favorite, and I feel so bad that Tap is going to have to... tap out.
    It may be residual bitterness because my girl Mizuki is gone, but Arisa strikes me as fake as hell. From the moment she showed up, all we've seen from her is how much she wants Arman's jock. That's not the same as a personality, Arisa! Everyone wants that jock!

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Hmm... I feel you on that.
    I think
    I just might have realized I have a thing for girls who make hats and kickbox!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I wonder what kind of tarento they'll get on the panel for aloha

• Options

Isn't it already running? I've seen icons for it on Netflix - is that just a trailer or something?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Isn't it already running? I've seen icons for it on Netflix - is that just a trailer or something?

It's just a trailer, the show goes up on New Year's

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    My wife and I have been watching this since the first batch of eps went up on Netflix in like September I think? It was a super hard wait for the new batch of eps.

There is so so much Japanese dating culture wrapped up in this show. Going on a date with someone is no big deal. Holding hands and kissing someone is a BIG DEAL of the HIGHEST ORDER. In order to be official with someone you are expected to proclaim your feelings and give them basically an ultimatum, this act is called Kokuhaku. Sex is no big deal, you can be fucking someone at any point in this order of events.

It's also really great watching this show with my wife, who speaks and reads Japanese and lived there for a time, because I can watch something happen and turn to her and say "what was that about" and she'll give me context which changes everything.

This show is so wonderful and makes me want to visit Tokyo again SO MUCH.

#pipe on
  • Options
    I wonder if (I'm at episode 15)
    Arman shares some aspects of Iranian culture with the cast. I love seeing how he meshes with everyone, since he seems to be going about dating as an American, albeit taking things slow and respectfully, but slipping up like when he held hands with the Hat girl.
    I love what the panel brings to the show, the shade that gets cast is incredible.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    My impression of Arman - end of show spoilers
    I feel like everyone in the house and the commentators type-casts him as the "lazy American." This pretty much affects his ability to hold the attraction from any girls long term. I think this played a huge part in Arisa losing feelings for him. I was under the impression that even though she was super busy with her business if Architect had been single she would have dated him in a heartbeat. (I could be grossly misjudging that though)

It wasn't until the very end that people acknowledged Arman was actually a really hard worker.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    All according to Kokuhaku

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    First word of the OP should totally be "konbanwa!"

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I started watching this, finished episode 3

I just want everything to be alright for these people

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    ep 28
    i want to launch hikaru out of a cannon into the sun

18 year olds are no good no matter what country they're from!

well he just turned 19 BUT STILL

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I want a show where the panel has to live together for a month and bullshit about tv all day.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Arisa what is your DEAL

Edit: Natsumi 4 lyfe

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Update: Seriously, Natsumi for lyfe

• Options
    Ok it's like 2:30 and instead of sleeping I'm watching Japanese reality television and can't stop send help.

Also Mizuki jumped to top of my favorite list in ep 6.
    Both by being a good sport about uchi's dumb date week and actually having what looked like a really fun date and also for calling out makoto for being a giant asshole to poor yuriko who is just the sweetest person alive.

• Options
    Hey Yuki
    Tap, my dude
    Maybe you need to back the hell off of this interrogating everyone about their goals thing

• Options
    I had heard allusions to the Meat Crime, and I thought it was gonna be some wacky hijinx

But it was actually emotionally nuanced and kinda raw and ultimately heartwarming as hell????

What even is this goddamn show

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm genuinely not sure if I would dig this show or not because reality TV typically does nothing for me but lots of people I trust are way into this

It's a bit of a moot point since I basically can't do exclusively subtitled shows. If I'm watching a movie in a theater I have no problem but I typically am doing other stuff while watching TV so all subtitles means if I look away I miss shit and that drives me nuts

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    I usually don't mind subtitles, and this was still one of the most challenging things for me to get into because reality TV is explicitly for having on while you do something else. Though, now I'm pretty invested in this show, so that might have more to do with most reality TV being mass-produced crap designed with little thought and meant to be consumed with little thought. This show actually seems like it has some care put into it? It's weird, man

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    My adhd is bad enough that I already have to rewind and rewatch things that are dubbed

That's why i never really had an issue getting into subtitled shows

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Man I do not get Yuriko.

How the fuck are you still into Makoto after you and yuki are clearly going well??

Maybe she actually is only using him to go to blue note.

Makoto is a piece of shit.

Edit: oh thank god ep 8
    She actually acknowledged yuki's existence talking with her friends

rhylith on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

controversial opinion incoming:

natsumi is good

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    This show is pretty cool to watch because my 2 years of Japanese in high school.

Every now and then I completely understand something they say and I'm like OH SHIT.

I kinda wish I had kept up with it, but also I kinda wish I had just taken Spanish instead because I've used Japanese outside of high school virtually none.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    End of episode 4, Uchi and Yuuki talking (paraphrasing)
    "don't feel bad about going after Yuriko just because I like her

Because I'm not going to feel bad about going after her just because you like her"

Daaang, Uchi

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I really like the honesty and lack of bullshit between Uchi and Yuki so far

(Ep5)
    It seemed like Makoto was trying to stir up some shit with telling Yuki about Uchi's aquarium date plans but then the two of them just talked it out, no drama

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

controversial opinion incoming:

natsumi is good

Natsumi is pretty good.
    Mizuki and Misaki are tied for best girl.

• Options
    Hahaha Glasses mentions the friend zone and the other hosts immediately call bullshit

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am watching this first episode and I already don't like Taps. "make the women cook to impress us." Fuck off dude.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The musical cues in this show are so weird.

Here's the first glimpse of new people *DUBSTEP BLARING*

• Options

She started out ROUGH but she's growing on me pretty quickly.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    First impression: These women are all adorable.

*edit* This place where you catch the fish you eat looks awesome. I want to go there

Artereis on
  • Options
    rhylith wrote: »

I liked the drums and rock riffs building as Mizuki called out Makoto

• Options
    I love the music in this show, it cracks me up.
    The theme song is one that has been getting stuck in my head though.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

I liked the drums and rock riffs building as Mizuki called out Makoto

I got to that one this afternoon and it was incredible
    2:30 in the morning, WAKE UP I GOT SOME SHIT TO SAY